It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA and DARPA Plan 'Hundred-Year Starship' To Bring Humans to Other Worlds And Leave Them There For

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

plasma rocket.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

The Space Station is still within the magnetic field of the planet.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What if this project is the governments way of sending humans off into the unknown to repopulate or search for another planet some where, maybe they know something is going to happen 2012?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by tristar
After your last escapade with the McDonald files you did cause sweat to break out,

Well that McDonald caper lead me to some doors that I wasn't expecting... but my being away for a year left me unable to knock on them... Kinda regret that not often you get a direct email to a Navy astronaut at the top of the chain
Perhaps I wasn't quite sure what to ask at that point.

Perhaps its time to lite the bbq and open some cold beers.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LunarDakota
What if this project is the governments way of sending humans off into the unknown to repopulate or search for another planet some where, maybe they know something is going to happen 2012?

Na, i do not think they are that worried, its just they have to do this sometime.

I would jump at the chance to say goodbye to earth and go on one of these ships. I am sure plenty of people would jump at a chance like this over anything on earth.

Shame really getting of planet earth came too late for most of us, who have to put up with living with .....

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
they sure are getting creative with their eugenics programs albeit rather expensive. Put everyone into a spaceship and send them to the sun or distant solar system. I guess death camps just aren't practical these days.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by scott,aussie

all go anything to get away from this mad world lol, hey that link dont seem to work, popsci.com

My friend, we can hop on a spacecraft and set up camp on a planet a million galaxies away and nothing will change. We will be the same screwed up species just living on a different planet. Until humanity addresses it's failures here, all we will do if we venture out to to other worlds is screw up the rest of the universe.

Absolute bs and a reason the left-wing often give to 'remain behind' and wallow in the self-loathing and misery they know and love.

Mankind belongs in the stars. We aren't destined to remain on this rock for the next ten generations while technology starts to stagnate.
The age of exploration needs to be re-started!
The world could become even worse if we don't start making plans to leave and ease the burdens.
Precious minerals and metals that greatly benefit the world lie in wait.

If a collapse does happen in the next 20 years will you be the one to say out loud 'I'm glad I held back the chance to go out there and help humanity in finding new worlds and exploring.'?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

They get there and find themselves incapable of starting a new society because of internal social problems, groups splinter off and die out in isolation.... ooops

Actually that's very likely if ideologies and factions arise.
But as to then dying in isolation, that's unlikely. It would actually encourage separate societies to form and florish.
Arguably this is what the Tower of Babel story is about.
If any of you have played the game 'Sid Meirs Alpha Centuri' you'll know what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Hey this is my first time posting here and let me say first and formost, I really like what you have done here. Now let's get to the point. I found this very interesting, about the 100 year ship thing so I started looking into it and I cam across this.
cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

I find that it is the next logical step. Infact I've been thinking about this very subject for a couple of years now. And I for one think that it's pretty neet.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Where do i sign up?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Another government money pit.

How much have they spent to go back to the moon?

6 billion dollars.

What have they got?

Nothing.

The children born today their Grandchildren will not even she their grandchildren acheive this.

They'll all be living in caves by then.

According to the possible plans of the Elite we..I mean they won't be living in caves although our grandchildren will. There will be all kinds of technologies in their super automated everyday lives and robotized space programs at their disposal to enjoy after they have pulled their One World Government stunt and have eliminated the 5/6 th of the rest of the human race..
I have no doubt that any novel ideas that someone might be stumbling upon by visiting sites like this one some time down the road will end up serving only the Elites while the rest of the remaining Mankind will be struggling at their everyday lives with unimaginable living conditions.
edit on 17-11-2010 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by zorgon

Ever see the movie "Moon" from last year? It's a pretty interesting yet depressing perception of corporate expansion to the moon to harvest energy.

Having your own army of human clones with the only brain functions working the ones that are relevant to his duties, operating robotic mining outposts, money wise beats the hell out of another more humane approach where you would have to spend for communication infrastructures, overtime, humane living conditions etc etc.
I don't even want to think at what kind of nightmarish world our grandchildren will be waking up to.

We are only a few steps away from a corporate high tech oligarchy. Big interests will never let the common folk reach the outer space, especially not know when they can have all those new ideas and technologies at their disposal. We are just one generation away from all that. Only thing they need is a One World Government and an civilization extinction level event. Only God knows for how long we have been conditioned in accepting these things as inevitable. There sure is a plan somewhere and it is in motion.
edit on 17-11-2010 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by TrueBrit

One thing I find very suprising however, is the timing of this ventures announcement . It seems to me (although I am far from expert at matters financial) that the best time to announce, and begin work on a project of this magnitude would have been when the western world was not wracked by insane legal and financial lockdowns due to the high chance that the entire democratic world is on the verge of some major and terminal catastrophy. Surely this project would have been better started in the middle of the decade we are at the end of now, rather than after, when money is tighter? Certainly not now , when the future is even more uncertain than normal.

They probably (the PTB) initially got most of the ideas that would work by farming them from workshops, projects, think tanks, honest ordinary peoples enthusiasm like yours, mine and everyone else's, everyone's relevant responses and comments after we have all being exposed since childhood at this kind of ideas of the space age through the TV, Hollywood and now the Internet and then they possible started slowly toning down the hype and begin start folding back to their black projects and private think tanks on how to achieve this away from the rest of us useless eaters. Engineered events like one Economic crisis, or several of them, terrorism, the overall degradation of the human society with any means possible are only to benefit the few with the money and knowledge to do whatever they want away from public eyes. All the while they play like dice at their palms the fates of 7 billion people that are conditioned to be clueless about their future in this forsaken rock.

How long until we the people will catch up to the act, if ever? How long until we start felling betrayed and start doing something about it?
edit on 17-11-2010 by spacebot because: later additions

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There's an article here from PopSci about this that has a pdf linked, it's dated 9th of this month and from DARPA. Link is at the end of the first paragraph : www.popsci.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join