It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought here. Did anyone realize there was a end of the world prophecy in the Bible? 2028 maybe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Since there is already a thread on the possibility that 2012 may not be an accurate end date of the world.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought I would give a possible alternative date. 2028. And where am I getting this from? A prophecy from the book of Hosea. With a little help from Malachi and Jesus Christ as well.

So here is the problem. The Jews 2000 years ago appear to have royally messed up big time. And what was the problem? John the Baptist. After looking at the prophesies about what he was and supposed to do it appears Herod pulled the biggest blunder of all time. He killed the Branch. Who's the Branch? He was supposed to be Co-Messiah. There was supposed to have been 2 messiahs according to the old testament. And because of his premature death it triggered something I'm calling the curse of Malachi. The 2 verses in question in Malachi 4.

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

And what Matthew 17 says.
10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

So now the problem is figuring out the details of the curse. So after looking I figured it out. It turns out this curse is a Leviticus 26 curse. Top level extreme. Destruction of your nation. Death of many. Slavery for much of the rest. And then the problem becomes figuring out the time frame. And I found it. In the book of Hosea. So here is the declaration of the curse in a nutshell. Though the entire book of Hosea is about the curse.

Hosea 3
4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim:
5 Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

Hosea 13
6 According to their pasture, so were they filled; they were filled, and their heart was exalted; therefore have they forgotten me.
7 Therefore I will be unto them as a lion: as a leopard by the way will I observe them:
8 I will meet them as a bear that is bereaved of her whelps, and will rend the caul of their heart, and there will I devour them like a lion: the wild beast shall tear them.
9 O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in me is thine help.

But now read this verse from 2nd Peter 3-8 before the time frame. And remember the days are thousand year periods of time.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Hosea 6
1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

This curse is 2000 years long. And John the Baptist died in the 20's AD. That would put the end of the world in the 2020's

Something to think about.

edit on 20-10-2010 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Might take another 25 - 30 years to wake up all the people. They are subjected to mind control and wooed with the almighty dollar right now.

Did you check this with the Mormons and Seventh Day Adventists?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This is very thoughtful and full of grace. AMEN
I hope people keep an open mind to this thread
and not post negative remarks.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by win 52

Are you kidding? They might toss a M word at me. And I'm just not feeling like Jim Jones today.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Isaac Newton Predicted the End of the World in 2060!

Sir Isaac Newton was an English physicist, mathematician, astronomer, natural philosopher and alchemist, regarded by many as the greatest figure in the history of science. He is probably most famous for describing the laws of universal gravity, after seeing an apple fall from a tree.

He's not only famous for his three universal laws of motion that were not to be improved upon for more than two hundred years. He also predicted the end of the world in a 1704 letter that went on show in Jerusalem on
Sunday.

In this letter, he claims that the world would end 1,260 years after the foundation of the Holy Roman Empire in Western Europe in 800 AD. This is the first time the letter has been put on public show since 1969, said the representatives of the Jerusalem's Hebrew University, where the letter is part of an exhibition entitled "Newton's Secrets."

Newton based its predictions on the Bible, specifically on verses in the Book of Daniel and they are part of an array of papers of the British scientist bequeathed to the institution by a wealthy collector of scientific manuscripts.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

This curse is 2000 years long

Yes, we have all been cursed since the nefarious inception of the bible...

But this should put you at ease - if the 'prediction' came from the bible, it only reinforces the quantifiable fact that nothing will come from this...as a matter of fact, this thread would do much better in the Short Story section...so would the bible itself actually.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Here's the problem.

Say you were starting to live forever, and everyone around you was getting old. Do you tell people? Would they nationalize your DNA as a state secret, lock you in a lab somewhere, never let anyone but rich people know about it, and you could watch TV on Sundays. Or do you go vox populi; become a public figure of derision and endless claims of Hoax, something to be an example of how easily brainwashed people are, and in the end just a political football, probably solved by assassination.

My guess is that he, or she, is out there somewhere and doesn't know what to do. Seriously, try it out. Tell someone that the promise of immortality is real and you're an early example, so keep your chin up. Let us know how it goes.

And this isn't even touching on all the massively overhyped expectations that the priests have been promising for centuries. The worst thing that could happen is that rich and poor people believe you. Limousines driving over miles of wheelchairs, with helicopters colliding in midair overhead raining down on vast starving mobs all looking to be "healed." So that in the end he or she would be a bigger curse than the destruction of a city.

And that's just the western perspective. Imagine all the suicide tributes being made in the east, or the vast middle eastern Jihads to destroy the Dajjal. Aren't the Bhuddists expecting someone who can pull swords out of the sky. And the Christians would probably all want to stab the antichrist to death least they actually hear a word said by them.

David Grouchy
edit on 8-11-2010 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
Hosea 6
1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

Assuming for the moment that the rest of the argument is valid;
"In the third day" does not necessarily mean at the beginning of the third day. Could be half-way through. Another five hundred years?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
OP, you're kidding, right?

You didn't know there was an end of the world prophecy in The Bible?

Have you ever READ The Book of REVELATION?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I think the OP means "end of the world date prophecy." That was the theme.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
there is some debate as to when AD and BC really began. i wouldnt state too firmly 2028 because noone really knows when 1BC and 1AD really began. this from wikipedia:

The Gospel of Luke states that Jesus was conceived during the reign of Herod the Great[Luke 1:5] (i.e., before 4 BC) while also stating that Jesus was born when Cyrenius (or Quirinius) was the governor of Syria and carried out the census of the Roman provinces of Syria and Iudaea.[Luke 2:1-3] The Jewish historian Josephus, in his Antiquities of the Jews (ca. AD 93), indicates that Cyrenius/Quirinius' governorship of Syria began in AD 6, and that the census occurred sometime between AD 6-7,[13] which is incompatible with a conception prior to 4 BC, thus making Luke's chronology not only incompatible with that of the author of Matthew, but also internally contradictory within the Gospel of Luke. On this point, Blackburn and Holford-Strevens state that "St. Luke raises greater difficulty ... Most critics therefore discard Luke". Some scholars rely on John 8:57[14]: "thou are not yet fifty years old", to place Christ's birth circa 18 BC.[3]:776

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech

This curse is 2000 years long. And John the Baptist died in the 20's AD. That would put the end of the world in the 2020's

Something to think about.

edit on 20-10-2010 by ntech because: (no reason given)

Did you ever think and wonder what about time before AD? 2020 is completely COMPLETELY off from the real date. if you think the earth is 2010 years old I will slap you so hard your neighbor will feel it.

If a curse was 2000 years old. Then what about time before the curse?

Mainly can we get off the "End of the world scenarios" if you have nothing better in life then worry about when the end is then you really should not even be here on earth wasting the room for a smart individual.

Sorry for sounding harsh but it's the truth.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by colonelblake

Sorry to take so long to reply back...just been busy.
To David Grouchy
Absolutly correct. The/A chosen one would have multiple problems to deal with just as you mentioned. Also such a person with the powers of Jesus Christ would be swarmed under hordes of the sick and disabled. He would fill the largest stadiums every night and not run out of customers.

And the Jewish messiah would most likely be considered the dajjal. Hey guys, the major tenet of your religion that the Jews and Christians are cursed has a problem. It's a temporary curse guys. And it's over. Have a nice day. Well, there is that prophecy on the destruction of Damascus and 5/6th's of the army attacking Israel in the end times.

To Disraeli
Answer, No.
Why? Because if the entire book of Hosea is read the Jews are promised a day of Jezreel. A thousand year period of peace and safety by God. The apocalypse must be over with before the "day of Jezreel starts. Combine Hosea and Matthew 24's fig tree prophecy you can draw only one conclusion. Over and done with in the 2020's.

To Col Blake.
The BC to AD switchover doesn't matter here. The curse started in the 20's AD at the death of John the Baptist.

May of 2028 is the absolute latest possible date based on the birth of the nation of Israel in 1948. But it could be up to possibly 10 years sooner.

Running out of time here need to do this quick.

Matthew 24's fig tree prophecy.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Why did I include verse 14? Because that is the first fig leaf of the prophecy. Jesus Christ is stating to his disciples that the gospel he had given them was to be spread to the entire earth before the end times would come. So why is the birth of a nation of Israel important? Because that was predicted directly and indirectly in many of the end time prophesies of the bible. Even Matthew 24 indirectly predicted it with the abomination of desolation prophecy. To fulfill that would require a temple and that would only be allowed in a nation where the Jews were in control. So the birth of the nation of Israel would have to of been the 2nd event of the end times.
The 2nd fig leaf.

Also Jesus Christ gives us a timeline on the prophecy. Verse 34. The Generation shall not pass. Then the question becomes what did he mean by that statement? We know it cannot be a literal generation of time. It's been 62 years since 1948. However there is a possible alternative meaning here. The lifetime of the generation in question. That would be approximately 70 to 80 years based on the average lifespan of humans. Also Psalms 90 mentions a lifespan is 70 to 80 years as well.

Therefore both prophesies indicate the mid 2020's as a end to the Apocalypse. And the start of the 1000 year reign of the saints/day of Jezreel.

edit on 12-11-2010 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
be honest gods word says im gonna paraprase "no one knows"

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JWALK

Actually here is the verse in question.
24-36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

But what is the day and the hour is he talking about? What is the event in question? That is verse 24-14. We may never know which person it was that heard the gospel and satisfied the prophecy in question. But I can tell you this.

It happened on or before May 15 1948. The date the nation of Israel became a nation.

top topics

join