It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, Sister Wives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

OMG I just got done watching tyra and America's Next Top Model. I wanted to watch another show, because usually I watch Hell's Kitchen but stupid MLB ruined that for me.

So I stumble on this show Sister Wives, about some guy with three wives who is now marrying a fourth younger skinnier prettier one.

This show has me speechless.

Have yall seen this show?

What kind of woman shares a man with three other women???

OMG.

Ok, its back on.

TLC.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I have seen clips of that show. It's interesting and in truth not surprising. Just search for sites that offer information on groups polygamy and you'll be surprised how many men and women do it. Most are Christian.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

So you are all for womens rights...as long as they share your ideals...is that right?

Sounds kind of hypocritical to me.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I tried to sit through one episode that happened to be on a while back. Couldn't do it. Just didn't interest me. I honestly couldn't care less how many wives the guy has or why they wanna be in that type of relationship.

Play on playa.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
...one man and bunch of women?... is he insane or do the women all have door-mat mentality?... just kidding... whatever floats their boat is none of my biz, especially since i prefer polyandry...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

So you are all for womens rights...as long as they share your ideals...is that right?

Sounds kind of hypocritical to me.

uhh who was talking about women's rights?

anywho...

HBT- I see what you're gettin at.. It is a strange lifestyle but a lot of people are into it i guess. Whatever floats your boat, I say. I could see it being somewhat logical if you take out the whole romantic relationship aspect, considering the economy people need all the help they can get

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Have to agree...but it was painfully obvious that not all of the wives were truly cool with it. There was one in particular (only seen one episode, so don't know names) that you could clearly tell was not as agreeable as the others seemed.

I'm all for "to each their own"....but this wouldn't be for me. I'm cool with having fun with more gal than one for a night, but a day-to-day arrangement like that? That'd be maddening. (for everyone)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hey to each their own, I would never want to infringe the rights of adults to have a living arrangement of their choice.

That said, what freaks, the women need to get some self esteem and get over that clown. The only one who benefits from this is the man. Every night he gets to snuggle with his spouse, but only one night in four does these other women gt him. That is weird, and for me would never work.

I think all the blondes were totally jealous and upset with the new wife.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

That can't be good, but will likely make for some interesting TV....which is what the producers are counting on, no doubt.... Weird, weird stuff.

I do actually know one polygamy "group"??? But it's one gal, two guys. None of the bunch are what one would call "attractive", though two of them are quite intelligent. One of the guys is legally married to her, but she (and they) consider both to be her husbands. Supposedly, this isn't too unusual amongst Wiccans. They've all been together for years, and all seem cool with it. There's even a kid involved, and she seems well-adjusted, and has the benefit of two dads (the legal husband is the father).

Human nature being what it is though, there HAS to be some jealousy involved in all of these "groupings"...but I guess they simply suck it up and stuff it down. That's got to be hard each day.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Human nature being what it is though, there HAS to be some jealousy involved in all of these "groupings"...but I guess they simply suck it up and stuff it down. That's got to be hard each day.

...whether its difficult or not depends on the mentality of those involved and that applies to singular marriages too, right?... jealousy is an ugly attribute that should never be condoned but it often is... i bet jealousy happens more in singular marriages than plural marriages...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I'd disagree, I think the jealousy is there regardless, it's just how people deal with it. In a plural marriage, the participants are simply more practiced at dealing with the emotion...but that doesn't mean it's absent. You can see it on their faces (or at least I could, even watching just one episode).

top topics

join