It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Book on JFK Secret Service Agent Reveals Startling Information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
A new book out on the secret service agent assigned to protect LBJ has an interesting and disturbing part where the agent almost shoots LBJ:

www.aolnews.com...|main|dl1|sec1 _lnk3|178943

This is from a book entitled:

The Kennedy Detail: JFK's Secret Service Agents Break Their Silence

I am putting this information here and am asking Mr Marrs to comment on if he had ever heard about this. Why would the agent try to kill LBJ? If the book wants to quell rumors about the JFK assassination, this bit of information is incredible.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
Why would the agent try to kill LBJ? If the book wants to quell rumors about the JFK assassination, this bit of information is incredible.

I hope you don't mind me posting here but I wanted to clear something up that you said which I believe to be false.

In the quoted text above, you ask why would the agent try and kill LBJ, well the answer is, he didn't try to kill anyone here at all. Instead, it's claimed he merely heard footsteps approaching, and I can only assume he thought an attack upon the new president was coming like it had on the previous one earlier on in the day as he should have been alone here, so he subsequently prepared his gun and aimed towards where the footsteps were situated and was about to pull the trigger when it emerged that the footsteps were coming from none other than the new man in charge, Lyndon B Johnson.

No one was trying to kill any one, it was seemingly a simple misunderstanding. That's all.

From the link in the OP:

Nov. 22, 1963, the fateful night of Kennedy's assassination, when Blaine was assigned to watch newly appointed President Johnson's house in Washington, D.C., in case of another attack. The third-person account of the near-miss reads as follows (via The Daily Mail):

The new president of the United States, Lyndon Baines Johnson, had just rounded the corner, and Blaine had the gun pointed directly at the man's chest. In the blackness of the night, Johnson's face went completely white.

A split second later, Blaine would have pulled the trigger ...

Blaine struggled to regain his composure as the reality of what had just happened washed over him. Fourteen hours after losing a president, the nation had come chillingly close to losing another one.

Again, no-one was trying to kill anyone here...
edit on 21-10-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

It does seem strange that the agent assigned to protect LBJ did not know where his charge was. All I know is this alone opens up a can of worms here.

It also is a big deal that has never been released before.

I am only asking Mr Marrs for his response and if he has heard about this before.

I guess I am cynical here and do not think the agent is being totally straight forward in the book. Part of ATS is to ask questions just like this one.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

It does seem strange that the agent assigned to protect LBJ did not know where his charge was. All I know is this alone opens up a can of worms here.

What do you mean exactly?

I guess I am cynical here and do not think the agent is being totally straight forward in the book. Part of ATS is to ask questions just like this one.

I wholeheartedly agree, and I’ve not said anything that would suggest questions shouldn’t be asked and I’m not sure why you would feel the need to bring up such a thing, I was merely pointing out what appeared to be a misunderstanding and I was attempting to clear it up.

Also, I don't see why or how Blaine could have been untruthful here (just my opinion of course and I’d love to hear what Jim marrs would have to say still), I mean it's not like he's admitting he was involved in any assassination from what he's come out with, instead he's just stated what happened and how he felt about it which is he on watch, heard footsteps, prepared to fire his weapon (I’m assuming in fear of an intruder/assassin), and was about to shoot before realizing the footsteps were coming from the new president, then he detailed how emotions over the event.

Personally, I don't even think this is important, must see information or anything like that even but hey, that's just my opinion on the matter.
edit on 22-10-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It may not be must see information, but it is very interesting to me and others who are interested in this subject. I happen to think it is a very surprising to read that someone almost killed LBJ by accident.

My statement about not knowing the footsteps were from his charge, LBJ still stands. If an agent is assigned to a person's safety, they should know where he is at all times.

Maybe you are correct about this not meaning anything, but since this is the first time I am hearing of it I would like Mr Marrs to look into this. It never hurts to have a second opinion who is not part of the corporate media look into these matters.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
My statement about not knowing the footsteps were from his charge, LBJ still stands. If an agent is assigned to a person's safety, they should know where he is at all times.

You are 100% correct!
Any soldier or agent would know the location of their commanders whereabouts.

I had to give you some stars

top topics

join