It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another way PC seeks to end your life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
At first I was amazed at how being overweight had become so taboo. Now I completely understand: the fatter the population, the more health problems they will have, the more money they will spend on medication, the easier it is to take all the money away. In case nobody has noticed, McDonalds is somehow allowed to just not post the health information of their Double Big Mac on their nutrition guide. Why? Because fast food hamburgers and fries are the number 1 contributor to coronary heart disease in the country, and the FDA is making those with power millions upon millions of dollars off of the suffering of the people. By the way, a Double Big Mac Meal has approximately 1300 calories. This is why it is not on the nutrition guide. If you eat this and have any regard for your health, you will not eat anything else that day, and you will not be able to have anything else with trans fats in it for 2 months.

I, too, used to believe that being obese was just something that happened to people. I used to think that my weight was in my "genes", or it was just part of who I am. I was very wrong. You cannot just catch obesity by another obese person coughing on you, you cannot inherit it from your mother. The reason people who are obese often come from obese families is because they eat the same food. If you think your feelings need to be protected because you are overweight or obese, you are a fool. Weight loss is a science, and a very simple one. I'm sure that I don't have to tell everyone what a calorie is and how it is practically the only thing you have to monitor to ensure weight loss. So, why do we continue eating this non-food as if it is edible for outrageous prices? Because it tastes good? Because it sucks you dry of real energy? Because you don't care if society thinks you're a fatty, that's something they'll give you sympathy for?

Last time I check, gluttony was a deadly sin, and for a reason. You are destroying your body by not monitoring what you put in it. If you have children, this is the single most selfish thing you can do. Ever met a 350 lb person over the age of 55? Is this the age you will choose to abandon your children on this earth?

Wake up, America; 60% is an epidemic and it's about time you started treating it like one instead of pretending that we should let people die so we don't have to "hurt their feelings". You ate your way into this ailment, now sweat your saggy a$% out of it before it's too late!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As was once so clearly explained to so many, the key to health is the following.

Eat less, Move more, Repeat for life.

I think people underestimate how damn good they feel if they work out.
I k now every time I get out of the gym I feel pretty good.

Not to sound vulgar but it is like sex. It has the same effect on you mentally. It registers as something the body likes and consequently you will want to repeat it........over......... and over............and over.......and over again..

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Work out... Eat foods with less fats and sugars... thats it.

I've seen to many skinny nerds in PC Rooms in my day to believe the title...

P.S. I agree that the obese of this Country have their laziness and indulgeness to blame for their condition.

Fox
edit on 10/20/2010 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
lol its the fast food companies fault somone ate one of their value meals for every meal and died? Anyone with a middleschool education underrstands the value of nutrition... well i guess only the ones who didnt grow up to be football or nascar fans.

for the last decade the value of nutrition has been at the forefrount of education to the public. So why havent they put down the cheesebugers and fries? Well ill tell you, but your not gonna like it. They dont want to live in a world where they have to feel sadness or hunger... they would rather be dead. say goodbye to all your fat friends and family members... they will all self-distruct if pulled outside their fatty comfort bubbles.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Agreed.
Moreover I think that people if they just learn to eat healthy will be happier.
Everyone thinks that eating healthy means eating tofu wrapped in cold lettuce. uhh no.
There are so many things you can enjoy with out the added fats and sugars found in the BS in fast food.

Fast food is good when you want a break, but be realistic in what you eat.

Another thing for those with a sweet tooth, it has been shown that sugar and the addiction it causes has a variety of side effects including depression, which consequently makes one desire comfort from the addiction.

If people could break the bad habits they have and break the depression of not being able to eat the frozen pizza roles, they would find a richer fuller life.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Are you implying that it is politically incorrect to talk about being fat?

If so, I think that's a false observation.

Take a look at TV, even some kid's shows, and weight gets brought up. I can't watch a night of TV without it coming up, and I watch mostly news shows and sports!

I had to google what a "double big mac" is...I had never heard of it, and probably for the better, because I'd totally go after some of that! And, as another poster has stated, is the problem. We want this food. We know that eating Mc Ds everyday is bad for us, some of us do it anyway because they just don't care.

It's not "PC" seeking to end our life, it's us.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Don't sweat being overweight.
We had couch potatoes back in the seventies,
but none of them were obese like we have now.

I am of the opinion that it is because
of Bovine Growth Hormone (BGH) in the cattle.
This is not something to be held agains the victims.

David Grouchy

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

If there is a growth hormone being ingested by the consumer, and they increase their girth because of it, does it not stand to reason that "decreasing" the amount of cow you eat will assist you greatly in NOT being obese?

The problem still lies with the person choosing to stuff their face with unhealthy foods.
A person can eat at fast food joints and not get fat, though eating there every other day and sitting on your rump tends to exacerbate the situation I would think.

IMO if a person were use what they spend on fast food , for a gym membership instead, this problem could be solved. However, the biggest obstacle here I believe is utter laziness.

This is not something to be held agains the victims.

Yeah it is.

edit on 20-10-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well, your honor, on the day I bought the short skirt
the store only had short skirts availiable.
A wide selection no doubt, but
only short ones.

If you say I brought the rape on myself, you must be right.

David Grouchy

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Oh I am not sweating anything...I recently started getting back into shape because I am fully aware of how I ended up looking the way I do. Not more than 10-15 lbs overweight, but for me that was enough..I like to be able to jump in a pick up game of anything without feeling winded after 5 minutes.

But that whole post was off topic...sorry OP

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
A person goes to the gym, sees a row of dumbbells sitting against the wall, they then say.

"I come to the gym everyday, stand here and look at those dumbbells intently, but I still haven't changed, I blame dumbbells for not changing my appearance."

So he asks the stud next to him.." Hey pal, how do you do it?"

The stud replies..."Derhh uhhh.... well, first you got to pick it up,... then you move a lot"....

Gym goer noob.."You mean,... I have to actually do something to make it work?"

Stud..." Uh...*looks around cynically*...yeah."

Moral of the story. Take responsibility for what happens with your body, because things not happen by themselves you have to work at it. You don't get fat by doing the right things. Essentially a sedentary lifestyle is a proactive lifestyle albeit proactive in all the wrong ways.

Blaming bad meat for being fat isn't a realistic answer IMO because it took someone to put that bad meat in your mouth to begin with and that person is you. If you know something is potentially harmful, and you do it anyway you did it at your own risk.
edit on 20-10-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
lol its the fast food companies fault somone ate one of their value meals for every meal and died? Anyone with a middleschool education underrstands the value of nutrition... well i guess only the ones who didnt grow up to be football or nascar fans.

for the last decade the value of nutrition has been at the forefrount of education to the public. So why havent they put down the cheesebugers and fries? Well ill tell you, but your not gonna like it. They dont want to live in a world where they have to feel sadness or hunger... they would rather be dead. say goodbye to all your fat friends and family members... they will all self-distruct if pulled outside their fatty comfort bubbles.

I absolutely agree that the people who eat this crap (which I will not call "food", because it is no more food than granulated sugar is "food") are responsible, I'm just saying I think its a little ridiculous to see extremely obese people and a lot of people's reaction is to feel sorry for them, like "Aww, what happened? You poor thing..", and that's part of what's making them not want to monitor what they're putting in their mouth and go for a walk.

I also think that something tasting good is no excuse. Healthy food also tastes amazing and there are ways to prepare it that everyone will like, they just haven't explored it because the media makes changing your diet look hard. And yes, I do think that the government would prefer if the general population was overweight because that means they make more money off of the FDA that they can then send out as grants to their granddaughters to get boob jobs and buy shiny sports cars.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Great point.
Victimizing the person socially creates a victim mentality socially.

I think that if society would just set the record straight and say hey, you want something its up to you stop being butt hurt over it.
A perfect example is when I see someone who is obese go to a walmart store and get one of those motorized shopping carts while the old lady with the walker and an oxygen tank has to walk around the place.
Is there something wrong with this picture?
Obesity shouldn't be considered a disability, it should e considered a penalty for bad choices.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
The reason people who are obese often come from obese families is because they eat the same food. If you think your feelings need to be protected because you are overweight or obese, you are a fool. Weight loss is a science, and a very simple one. I'm sure that I don't have to tell

Thats rubbish and mis-informative, when I was 15 I kept piling on the weight regardless of dieting, it took months of tests and then finally an MRI to uncover that I had an underactive thyroid problem, something to do with my pituitary gland.

Once I recieved thyroxine the weight started dropping. Unfortunatley it left me at a tiny 5'6" tall, but I'm reasonably fit now.

Being overweight is not always down to over eating or lack of exercise, I would recommend you do some research on the matter.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Originally posted by Brood
The reason people who are obese often come from obese families is because they eat the same food. If you think your feelings need to be protected because you are overweight or obese, you are a fool. Weight loss is a science, and a very simple one. I'm sure that I don't have to tell

Thats rubbish and mis-informative, when I was 15 I kept piling on the weight regardless of dieting, it took months of tests and then finally an MRI to uncover that I had an underactive thyroid problem, something to do with my pituitary gland.

Once I recieved thyroxine the weight started dropping. Unfortunatley it left me at a tiny 5'6" tall, but I'm reasonably fit now.

Being overweight is not always down to over eating or lack of exercise, I would recommend you do some research on the matter.

None of that disproved anything I said.

External factors are pretty irrelevant, sorry. It was not misinformative just because it did not encompass every "disorder" on the planet. It is still a science, even moreso.

Are you going to make this a habit among your posts?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

You call me, yes me, a fool, I was obese, my feelings were hurt at school by name calling and bullying, I needed protected from that, so that comment was directed at me and others in a similar situation.

FACT: My body would not burn off the fat, no amount of excercise, dieting or calorie control worked, it WAS medical, and I needed treatment.

FACT: There are a lot of obese people out there who are so because of a medical problem, not because they shovel big macs down their throat or want to eat like mommy and daddy.

To call all obese people fools is simply ignorant.

edit on 27/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I can't even spell the word 'breakfast'.

They (the criminal media) tried to sell to us that there's a 'fat virus', as to take responsibility off the fatsos, make them keep eating and feel better about themselves. I think you will live longer with a diet of snacks or nibbling than 3 meals per day. We were lied to from the cradle about food.

When I feel like eating a ton of food, then I do. When I don't, I don't.

I get annoyed when I am told to lay off orange juice, because sometimes I crave this, and the water's poisoned with Chromium 6, thanks to halliburton. It's just instinctive to want this stuff. Also, chocolate can be very good when the body desires it. There must be a reason.

The game now, taking a play from dual citizen zionist rahm's playbook, is for the criminal government to seize more rights and freedoms out of the fat crisis. This means more taxes and restrictions, I guess the zionists don't feel that they have enough control of us yet. Yesterday night, during diner, a girl vomited on the telescreen during an episode of 'House'. Right at dinner time. Right in to the screen, in our faces. I was hoping to catch the episode in which House finds 'aids' in the Holy Water (why would he look there? You can only catch the lethal disease from anal? Doesn't the 'virus die when exposed to anything other than your heartbeat?) I am not surprised they also want control of the dinner table.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Brood

I agree with what youre saying, but the media has this stick figure, or body builder mentality. Its unrealistic. Im not saying, hey every body, gain 400 pounds, or those who are already obese to not shed some mass, but im not saying, dont try to be something you arent. Sure it looks good, but not everyone is destined to look like a movie star or Rambo...but then again no one is destined to weigh 300+ lbs. mostly due to water weight and fat...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Personal differences like metabolism and genetic diseases of course affect the amount of what you eat that gets stored in fat reserves.

But none of this affects the basic formula: less calories = less obese. How many children in Ethiopia would you say are fat due to a metabolic problem?

As for the solution, I've found meditating more is a good start; it causes you to be more conscious in your daily life and less "automatic". After I started meditating I completely eliminated "boredom feeding" as every time I got up to grab something I was conscious enough to look within and determine if I was truly in need of food or if I was about to hurt myself.

Just a suggestion.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The biggest problem with this important issue is that the population is so nutritionally ignorant (which I believe is by design) that people have no idea of what real food is or isn't. We're made to believe (and do wholeheartedly), that if it's sold in a grocery store or if it "tastes good" then it's food.

Do you know how many obese people are told their weight issue is because they have a thyroid or some other medical problem? Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but what we've been classifying as food and eating regularly day in and day out CAUSED those medical and thyroid problems.

We eat to nourish our bodies; we don't eat because we're hungry or because we crave certain foods. Besides, most of those cravings are chemical addictions to the substances added to fake foods to keep us eating them.

The other level of nutritional ignorance attacks those of us that take the time to look at the calorie, fat, salt, etc content of "foods". Again, being the barer of bad news here but those numbers mean NOTHING. Food manufactures can make their "substances" reflect whatever they want those numbers to show. Eating foods with "zero calories and zero fat" may still very well be the worst thing you can put in your mouth. Chemical substitutes can doctor fake food numbers to look great, but they will take your health down notches and make you balloon like a blimp. Our bodies have no idea what to do with the 35 chemical ingredients in that "box of stuff" you just bought for a snack. We're living off these boxes now. They are garbage and the WILL give you health problems.

Look at ingredients. You don't need to "work off fat" with hours of exercise; this is a fact. Start feeding your body real food. 90% of what's sold in the grocery store is fake food and should not be consumed. If you can't by an ingredient listed on that "box of food" in that same store, don't buy, don't eat it. It's not food. It's profit for fake food companies who tricked us into believing they sell food.

Buying and eating whole, single item foods and combining them yourself IS food and is the ONLY way to remain healthy at this sorry stage of the game. We're all being poisoned into unhealthy, fat and diseased people and our nutritional ignorance is the coup de gras (death blow).
edit on 29-12-2010 by StrangeBrew because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join