It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memo exposes secret list of conservative donors plotting campaign against Democrats, climate change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Memo exposes secret list of conservative donors plotting campaign against Democrats, climate change

www.rawstory.com...

A secret memorandum and invitation to an under-the-radar meeting of conservative minds has been leaked to the liberal blog ThinkProgress, and the list has been reprinted by Raw Story below, in an effort to highlight and focus on the names of the participants in the meeting. The meeting was organized by Charles Koch, Chairman of Koch Industries (whose secretive 'war' against Obama's agenda was recently documented by Jane Mayer in The New Yorker).

A review of the list shows that some of the CEO
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Wed Oct 20 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I don't think this is a meeting to destroy the liberal agenda, rather I think it is a meeting to push forward with their own agenda.

Many of these corporations are famous for corrupt policies and ulterior agendas. If I didn't know any better, I would say that many of these companies plot to "rule the world", such as Bechtel.

John Perkins worked for Bechtel and blew the whistle on their corrupt economic policies of bankrupting third world nations, at least in part for the CIA, thus causing these nations to either become beholden to US interests for strategic or economic purposes (such as making them give us their vote in the UN).

Many of these companies are allegedly responsible for the turmoil in the Middle East and Latin America.

Again, I don't think this is a meeting to destroy the liberal agenda, so much as it is a meeting to further their own and rule the world. They are the empire.

I don't think this has anything to do with "conservatism", they just use that term to hide their corrupt policies. If you think about it, they aren't really even conservative, so much as they are statist. Glenn Beck is famous for being a fake conservative and instead a neo-conservative, as he agreed with the Bush bailouts, the Patriot Act, the Bush swelling of government and government intrusion into our personal lives. It was only after Americans voiced their opinion in the '08 elections, that Glenn Beck then turned a complete 180 and pretends to be a conservative libertarian.

You can't be a conservative and champion large government, nor can you be libertarian and champion the government intruding into your personal life. Nor can you be either one of those and [publicly] condone
the steeling of tax-dollars to hand over to corrupt corporations.

Again, how can this be a meeting to further a conservative agenda if the attendees aren't even conservative. No, instead this a meeting of high powered neo-cons who are trying to tighten their grip over the world and I bet they are going to use people like Glenn Beck to fool the American public to go along with it, just as they have done before. Pundits are important to them after all, as they do the thinking for the people.

--airspoon

[url=http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/10/memo-exposes-secret-list-conservative-donors-plotting-campaign-democrats-climate-change/]www.rawstory.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-10-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
They are the empire.

Who is "they"?
Conservatives, Liberal, Neocons or just the U.S. Govt.?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Airspoon may disagree with my belief - and I hope he doesn't take exception to my interjecting here, but to answer your question as best as I can...

They are a very small and select group of Corporate interests who exist above and outside of the rule of law. They, through bribery, contribution, and outright purchase, own large swaths of the political and judicial landscape, and they heavily influence and dictate any and all policy, law, and legislation which effects them - and they do so at the peril and disregard of the interests of all others.

They are, effectively, what one might call "Legion".

~Heff

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I question the validity of this so called story.
No one needs to 'plot against climate change'.

The scam blew up in their faces already. It imploded.
Everyone already knows about Al Gore's carbon credit money making scam.
Everyone already knows about 'hide the decline', etc.
So .. what's to plot? The perps have already brought themselves down on this.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Who is "they"?
Conservatives, Liberal, Neocons or just the U.S. Govt.?

Well, I was actually referring to the corporations and personalities listed in the OP when I said "they". The neo-cons and liberals are practically the same thing, at least where the rubber meets the road. They are backed by the same entities and they also look out for the same interests.

As I have said many times before, the neo-cons and liberals really only differ on the relatively unimportant but emotional issues, as opposed to the issues that really matter and even on those emotional issues, they don't really do anything about them, leading many people to think that we have an incompetent government. On the contrary, they aren't incompetent, rather they are simply looking out for the interests of their backers. They only appease the people by talking the talk on those relatively unimportant issues and use them to divide. It's how they keep the people under the illusion that there is an opposition movement in government.

However, there is no opposition movement in government and we all should know what that means. Through out history, when governments no longer a viable opposition, nations almost always fall under a dictatorship or a tyrannical government. I believe that we have a dictatorship, it is just a revolving door dictatorship and so we don't see the same ugly face year after year.

--airspoon
edit on 20-10-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
To put it as succinctly as I can (shocker, I know)

"They" are this millennium's robber barons. Supported by a withering cabal of 'economic royalists' looking to reaffirm and bolster their 'entitlement' to rule.

That's who "they" are.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

Memo exposes secret list of conservative donors plotting campaign against Democrats,

I'm sorry about such a short post but, .......

Doesn't this happen during EVERY election!

top topics

join