It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should babies be baptised, without their consent ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I mean for someone to ignore all the different evidences for a God who exists outside of our 4 dimensions and embrace Atheism takes considerable faith on their part.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

We live in a 3 dimensions. Just wanted to make that clear. To me I see no evidence for any type of God. Everything seems to be more faith. As an Atheist I want evidence.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

We live in a 3 dimensions. Just wanted to make that clear. To me I see no evidence for any type of God. Everything seems to be more faith. As an Atheist I want evidence.

Oh no, that was the common thought in the 19th century. We now know we live in 4 known dimensions, height, width, depth and time. Time is a dimension, Einstein realized this. Scientists now think there are 10 dimensions, 4 "knowable", and 6 that exist in super strings and hyperspace.

4th Dimension

4th Dimension ~ Wikipedia

edit on 28-10-2010 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Well I'm not up to date with everything. I still play my old gmaeboy. lol
Gosh! I need something to do tonight!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

LOL, faith is blindly believing something without evidence. Atheists demand evidence. Please stop making things up.

Atheism is the lack of belief due to the lack of evidence, the theists are the one's who don't need any evidence, and are happy to believe and put trust in the Theistic stories/tales or belief in the higher power governing the universe before having it confirmed. That is faith.

Religion is faith, Please learn something when you post here and take of the religious tunnel vision.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Thanks for your definition.

Faith is a belief of something "without PROOF", it's not belief of something "without EVIDENCE". Proof and evidence are like comparing apples to oranges. And secondly, "proof" is relative to begin with.

But no thanks, I'll stick to my previous statement, it takes boatloads more faith to be an Atheist than it ever does to be a Theist.

edit on 29-10-2010 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't see why it matters. If later in life you decide you don't believe in it then all it'll be to you is a bit of water. It can't hurt you in any way.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Yeah you're right, certainly doesn't hurt those religiously motivated suicide bombers or going to war thinknig "GOD" is on your side.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

What do suicide bombers have to do with anything?

The OP was talking about people who decided they didn't want to be Christians anymore. If you don't want to be Christian then getting splashed with a little water won't hurt you. It's nowhere near as bad as some other religious ceremonies (Circumcision) which perhaps should require consent.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Baptism is pointless, None of any of the theories within the abrahamic doctrines have been confirmed or conslusively proved right.

Pouring water on a baby is completely pointless act and just shows the immaturity of man and his willingness to submit to something without evidence, due to a fear of damnation and a promise of reward in the unfalsifiable afterlife.

I have no more comments.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Pouring water on a baby is completely pointless act and just shows the immaturity of man and his willingness to submit to something without evidence, due to a fear of damnation and a promise of reward in the unfalsifiable afterlife.

I have no more comments.

First thing you've said that I fully agree with.

Why in the world are we baptizing unbelieving babies with ZERO evidence?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

We'll never agree to be honest, because you believe there is a higher power based on 0 evidence, i'm waiting for that evidence or "PROOF" before i assert a belief system.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

We'll never agree to be honest, because you believe there is a higher power based on 0 evidence, i'm waiting for that evidence or "PROOF" before i assert a belief system.

Oh noooooo, don't tell me there are "0 Evidences", I'm fully aware of the Heptadic Structures of the Bible, and the absurd probabilities that go along with them if they were created by just ONE man, but it has 40 authors.

Secondly, how are you going to say you do not agree with a statement you made yourself less than an hour ago?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Show me the evidence then if you would.

What statement would that be? Where did i contradict this or disagree with it?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Show me the evidence then if you would.

What statement would that be? Where did i contradict this or disagree with it?

I'll post the trail once, it's up to you if you wish to follow it.

Bible's Heptadic Structures

Heptadic Structures

How we got our OT (1 of 8)

How we got our NT (1 of 8)

Also See

I said i fully agree with this statement:

"Pouring water on a baby is completely pointless act and just shows the immaturity of man and his willingness to submit to something without evidence.."

The Catholic Church introduced the idea. And it has zero scriptural evidence.

edit on 31-10-2010 by NOTurTypical because: needed to answer your 2nd Q

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

how are you going to say you do not agree with a statement you made yourself less than an hour ago?

When did i say i disagreed with my own statement, what was my statement?

Amazing evidence btw, i am now totally convinced of the higher power that exists in the universe, everything is so clear now.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Are you being facetious? Anyways, I think i made that statement when you said we'd never agree on anything or something like that. But I was being truthful when I quoted you and said I agreed with what you said. Basically babies should never be baptized.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Glad we agree on something then.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join