It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is turning things around! Or are they?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Details/Video here: www.whitehouse.gov...

In the second edition of White House White Board, Austan Goolsbee, Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, looks back at the President’s record on the economy through the perspective of the last three years in private sector employment.

As a pretty conservative guy I couldn't argue with this. Am I wrong?

Is there more to the study/data?

Help OT out ok?

Is America on the rebound?

Remember...George Washington - first President of the United States of America...who said

"It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor."

and...

"True religion affords to government its surest support."

Is God blessing America because of President Obama's leadership in helping those many have ignored? Healthcare? Un-employment extension? etc......?????

After all the scripture says, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world"

OT

PS: Watch the video and lets start discussing ok?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Thx for the flags and stars!

btw, I believe America is great because America is good!

More here: greatchristianquotes.com...

"A French philosopher who visited our shores when America was a new young nation left a similar warning. Alexis De Tocqueville said he came to the United States to learn what magic quality enabled a handful of people to defeat the mighty British Empire twice in 35 years. He looked for the greatness of America in her harbors and rivers, her fertile fields and boundless forests, mines and other natural resources. He studied America's schools, her Congress, and her matchless Constitution without comprehending America's power. Not, until he went into the churches of America and heard pulpits "aflame with righteousness" did he understand the secret of her genius and strength. De Tocqueville returned to France and wrote: "America is great because America is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great."

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker[/i

I Opine that the White Board this Gentleman is referring to here actually is the " White Lie " Board .
The Numbers he points out in the Graph could Possibly be True , but he conviently Fails to Mention that the Supposed Job Gains he speaks of are Predominantly Gains in the Public Sector . State and Federal Goverment Jobs were on the Rise during that time , but the Private Sector Jobs Losses were at an All Time High even surpassing the Massive Unemployment experienced during the Great Depression in the 1930's . This is just Another Example to me of Spinning the Numbers to suit your Political Needs . Pure Propaganda , and viewed by Anyone with a Remnant of a Brian between their Ears would Recognize it as such .
edit on 19-10-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Relevant question....

Does the President or the government have anything to do with "public sector" JOBS?

Maybe they set the appropriate environment, huh?

Thoughts, anyone?

OT

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by OldThinker[/i

I Opine that the White Board this Gentleman is referring to here actually is the " White Lie " Board .
The Numbers he points out in the Graph could Possibly be True , but he conviently Fails to Mention that the Supposed Job Gains he speaks of are Predominantly Gains in the Public Sector . State and Federal Goverment Jobs were on the Rise during that time , but the Private Sector Jobs Losses were at an All Time High even surpassing the Massive Unemployment experienced during the Great Depression in the 1930's . This is just Another Example to me of Spinning the Numbers to suit your Political Needs . Pure Propaganda , and viewed by Anyone with a Remnant of a Brian between their Ears would Recognize it as such .

ok...I did write the following post after I saw yours...thx btw...does the environment created by the leadership affect things?

OT

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

So you are saying the "blue" jobs rise in "reduction" so to speak were/included new "public" jobs? government jobs?

Please elaborate ok?

OT

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
OK.....

So I rec'd 1 reply?

ONE?

Is that it? Are there no ATS-ers somewhat political?

Or is this just a bad thread? I can admit that if be....I've had a few already....

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

" So you are saying the "blue" jobs rise in "reduction" so to speak were/included new "public" jobs? government jobs?

Please elaborate ok? "

It's is hard to Elaborate when the Question is not Understood . You Lost me there Man........

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

ZM, Are the "blue" bars, moving upward, on the right side of the white board....(meaning a reduction in lost jobs)....accounting for the additional govn. jobs the current administration added?

Man, this is confusing 'fo sho!'

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

If ASSuming that Up is Down , and Left is Right , I Guess so ...........

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

If ASSuming that Up is Down , and Left is Right , I Guess so ...........

You are just playing here...cool!

Anyone else?

OT

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
america has too many consumers to fail. follow the money. everything comes down to cash.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
if anything, this crisis will make people appreciate the non-material things in life, which will ultimately lead to them missing and wanting products more than ever. then comes the next surge in consumerism.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
america has too many consumers to fail. follow the money. everything comes down to cash.

t, I am a spiritual guy, ok...but consumerism and buying things (greed, for lack of a better term) is what gives us "security" in the temporal...is it a bad thing, in the grand scale of things? Sorry, i know, a heavy question....btw, thank you for the post

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

t, I am a spiritual guy, ok...but consumerism and buying things (greed, for lack of a better term) is what gives us "security" in the temporal...is it a bad thing, in the grand scale of things? Sorry, i know, a heavy question....btw, thank you for the post

i am completely anti-materialism... believe me... but the rest of this nation is all about keeping up the jones'

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

i am completely anti-materialism... believe me... but the rest of this nation is all about keeping up the jones'

Tony, i see you just registered here tonight...welcome!

How'd you stumple on ATS?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

ok, you had to go for now....

so you don't have a home?

a car?

food?

you are anti-material???

or ru anti-extravagant? like OT? want to re-phrase a lil?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Cash is not keeping this economy afloat it is citizens with multiple credit cards that they are using to survive and just paying the minimal payment on.

They have multiple credit cards.

One woman had over 40!

This was on Flip this House.

She was a young black woman in Atlanta.

She was using them to purchase materials to "flip" a house and "get rich quick,baby."

Probably on food stamps now.

I scour thrift store for collectibles that people do not know the real value of and purchase them for pennies.

I have watched people use CREDIT cards to purchase somebody else's junk.

And asked if they give "cash back"!

edit on 19-10-2010 by Oneolddude because: I forgot why.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

I wonder if the pundits....and politcals.... have considered those on "credit" in their analysis?

Absolute stelllar point Ood!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
S+F

America has its true representative sitting on guard at all times, welcoming our new neighbors from foreign lands with a shining torch and a meaning so deep it will send chills across your body.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
"

We are great because we give everyone a chance to be great. Whether the people or the government are the ones active we watch each others back, help those in need and throw our old differents away. As long as we remember our reason for greateness we will continue that legacy of greatness.

If there is a recovery it would be a miracle, we are at such a horrible point in the history of our nation that it would take a miracle to bring us good fortunes. If Obama's policies have been truly to the benefit of the people then I give him a huge thumbs up but I will hold my breath if/until we recover.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join