It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are EVPS So Scary?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ewokdisco
SEE....now im freaking out. why are they all horrid ?

I don't know what to tell you. Like I said. many of them I believe to be fake. made to appease the producers and viewers to make money. Real true EVP's are rare but I know mine was definately not a positive entity. When you heard that voice.. it literally sent chills down your spine. I honestly don't know why I kept listening to it. I probably shouldn't have. It was my curiosity..

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

That sucks! Oh man, to have that kind of evidence and proof in your hands, then have family erase it just because they were freaking paranoid.....oh man.. It seems like you took it well though? I know I wouldn't have. At all!

But Basically to the OP, what most everyone has already said that the voices recorded are spirits that are lost and confused, or for instance, for ghost shows on TV, scary recordings get ratings, so the more the merrier.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I appreciate the replies,but it all comes down to EVPS ARE,in a vast majority,NASTY!!!

as for Caspar 'a hillarious comedy about the ghost of a dead child' what a tag line.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

I think its because they're only there to chat in the first place because they're trapped here through dispare and old scores to be settled. Maybe there just pissed that there eternal peace and quiet keeps getting interupted by people asking there names and whether they died in that house. They could just be trying to freak people out.

Next time somebody does an EVP session they should ask them.

What you being so nasty for?

Why do you think? Theres no sex or drugs for the rest of time itself. Your bount to get a little cranky.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
OK, all is NOT lost. i do recall,come to think of it, a message coming through by John Belushi [though NOT evp] and he admitted he'd blown it and would be trapped in LA untill he could come back and try again. not exactly the same,but more hopeful.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
the EVPs I've recorded werent scary, but I agree with the prior poster that says its because its from the 'unknown', we cant see the talker, dont know where the talker exsists
I've gotten an EVP of my mother saying my name, and one I recorded in a VA cemetery that the deceased speaker said Semper Fi, pretty cool!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Any way you can share those, they sound cool.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
COOL...scary and i want cuddly,cute and comforting evps.....NOW! someone on here get busy on this.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Ive already went through the collection i have on Youtube. Most of them dont sound scarey but there responses cant be judged to be portaying a particular emotion. The rest do seem to have an ellement of anger or hate in them.

Where have all the good ghosts gone?
edit on 20-10-2010 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

let me dig em out and see if i can clear them up then I'll post them

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Excellent, i love hearing new EVP's

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

let me dig em out and see if i can clear them up then I'll post them

I'd find that interesting. Most EVPs I've listened to are the equiv of playing 'Another One Bites the Dust' backwards. 'It's fun to smoke marijuana'

I think anything with a lot of static and chaos around it sounds scary. Like if you have an audio editing application slow the audio down and add some static to it ... maybe mess with the pitch ... and twirl some knobs ... you get some horrible sounding stuffs.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

What freaks me out about EVP's is the fact that the voice came from nowhere. So if you caught it in your own house. You then have to deal with the fact that whoever said was there with you and you did'nt know it, and could still be there watching you when you go to bed at night.

Freaky.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
you chaps are NOT helping with talk of being watched by the undead...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I think this could be classified as not scarey.

EVP

For a start it sounds like a child, and its just telling its mom it loves her.

Awww! is'nt that sweet.

edit on 20-10-2010 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
here's one for you
www.metacafe.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Cool ive never heard that one before. The fact that she talks over part of it shows she did'nt expect it, or hear it which adds validity for me.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Not that I know anything about it..........But isn't EVP hunting about the same as looking for RODS?

I have heard some of these EVPs and they leave a lot open to interpretation.
Some are clearly more definable than others but for the most part it is too hard to clearly make out what is being said definitively.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
perhaps,really,it is the fear of death that scares me most about evps. that one day,we ALL end up...ON THAT OTHER SIDE...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Approach the dead with compassion instead of Fear and Wonder and they will treat you much different.

Especially if you aren't clamoring after them with machines and foresight of writing books.

-G

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join