It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Fellow Americans... We're Screwed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yes it’s a bleak outlook, but look at the state of things, mainstream people (the ones who decide who are leaders are) are either going to vote democratic or republican this fall and more than likely again in 2012.

People don’t seem to realize that nothing will change, remember all the hope a lot of you felt back in 2008? back when hope and change was on everyone’s mind? Well nothing changed, and here we are again, people are upset that things still haven’t changed, so what’s there solution? change back to the way things were, it hope of change.... I just don’t see the logic.

The democrats had their shot and blew it, the Republicans had their shot and blew it, now we are giving them a second chance, You might stop and say "but Alaskan Man what about third party candidates?" well I support them, but I fear they're being taken over. There are still some good guys out there, like Ron Paul who has at least offered us a some real change, whether or not it will work out is still to be determined.

I really don’t know exactly where I’m going with this, and it may actually be a rant, but I’m at a loss.

I don’t see any bright light in the future, I know that honest men/woman basically can’t be elected with the way the system runs, there honesty keeps them from being able to be devious enough to win an election.

I feel like November will come, the republicans will have major victories, and then nothing will change, we will be on the same steep downhill ride to ruin.

I guess I’m envious of you who have hope that something will change, for me I see more of the same with no hope in sight and I can’t help but feel like we’re screwed.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm 100% there with you.
The only thing I feel I can do is either a) vote outside the 2 parties or b) not vote at all since it really does not matter.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
honestly, until the citizens start hanging these corrupt bastards nothing will change.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You want real and definite change....Elect Sarah Palin , seriously, think about it!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Hello,
I don't want to come across as being argumentative, but if you don't like this country so much, why don't you leave? What is holding you back?

I'm not saying this country is perfect, just saying that if you are so unhappy then go someplace else. Or you could try and make this country a better place. Research the candidates, find who you think fits best and throw your support at that candidate.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
I know that honest men/woman basically can’t be elected with the way the system runs, there honesty keeps them from being able to be devious enough to win an election.

Hmm, I thought it was corruption with the fixed and hacked electronic voting machines, vendors, and questionable chains of custody that kept people from winning elections... mmmk...learn a new thing everyday...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621

Hello,
I don't want to come across as being argumentative, but if you don't like this country so much, why don't you leave? What is holding you back?

I'm not saying this country is perfect, just saying that if you are so unhappy then go someplace else. Or you could try and make this country a better place. Research the candidates, find who you think fits best and throw your support at that candidate.

dont mean to jump between you two but when i see the age old "if you dont like why dont you leave" staement i have to say something......or in this case show you something....
if you want to skip forward to about 7:45 but i would watch the whole thing...this is just part 13...i would go back and watch all parts and share this with as many people as you can...but for this one...either watch it all or the point im trying to make starts at 7:45

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

man does that argument scream of ignorance, "if you don’t like America then get out!" well let’s see, I barely make enough to pay the rent on my crappy little apartment, put gas in my crappy little car and eat my crappy little meals so moving to Norway or Switzerland isn’t really a thing I can up and do.

Believe me, if I had the money and was capable of becoming a citizen in some other country (that isn’t a 3rd world nation) I would leave.

as far as your "why don’t you change it" argument, well how would you suggest I do that? I vote for 3rd party candidates but that hasn’t done much, I don’t have the money/resources/time/experience/notoriety to run for any political office myself, I can’t go out and start mass protest because I live in a little town in the middle of nowhere, really there isn’t much I can do.

I don’t offer any solutions with this thread, I just state my frustrations.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
You want real and definite change....Elect Sarah Palin , seriously, think about it!

This. Things always get the darkest before the dawn right?
Second line.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621

Hello,

I have serious complaints about your response to AM. I'll address them in as civil a tongue as I can muster. I've had this argument with others before and I think it is a false argument.

Why don't we leave? Well, if we applied this nonsensical response to every American Citizen that doesn't like their government, well, I would bet that over 65% of the Citizens of the United States would be gone over night. The second reason we don't have to leave is because this is a free society. We have the right to be angry at our government. We have a right to complain, and downright slander the way our government runs things. That is our right as American Citizens. So don't tell us to "find another place to live" because it is our right as American Citizens to criticize the way the government runs things.

To respond to your second paragraph. Research the candidates? When in the past 10 years have we had candidates worth electing? It seems that the American People have been caught between a rock and a hard place for years. We either have an extreme right or an extreme left candidate, nobody down the middle, nobody willing to listen to the other side's arguments. We as a country have been further subjected to separation due to this left vs. right debate. Nobody is willing to stick their neck out and bring both sides together (citizens and politicians alike). As far as supporting an "unknown" candidate: do you really think that would work? Look how much money Blues or Reds throw into their campaigns. These people come from money and already have the support and resources to "buy" the election as it were. Independent candidates will never win an election. Ever. You know why? Because Repubs vs. Dems will keep us separated so that we would never join together to change the status quo.

This country is dying fast, but I won't go anywhere else. You know why? Because it is my right as an American Citizen to stay here and watch the steady decline of our way of life until a time where the people can take it back.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

VOTE ISSUES AND NOT PERSONALITIES OR PARTIES.

Look who will help the middle and lower classes the most and vote those issues, thats all one can do.

What group will help the rich, start more wars, and allow the poor and middle class to be screwed the most?

Granted both groups are hypocrites therfore one can only vote issues

what else can you do going whip whap from a republican nut house again just becasue the dems cant do anything becasue the repubs wont let them.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You are correct...Democrats or Republicans will be elected. And it isn't because "mainstream people" are stupid or ignorant. It is because third party activists are stupid.

I'll put is as simple as I can...you have to walk before you can run.

But that isn't what third party activists want...they want, like most people today, instant gratification. They want a third party to take control over night...they want a third party president or third party controlled congress. And yet in their very own little town they live in...they have Democrats and Republicans sitting in office.

You want change...start with your LOCAL governments...and move up from there. It's not gonna be overnight...it isn't going to be over a year...probably not even over 5 years. It takes time...if you truly are dedicated to want to see a valid third party...start LOCAL and ignore NATIONAL.

Unless of course all of you screaming for a third party here are really just all about the drama and want to be anti-establishment...then by all means...carry on complaining about the two party system at the National level and leave it at that.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I agree AM we watch the debate for our district last night
the only one that made sense does not have a chance in hell of winning, but we
will vote for him on principle not the lesser of 2 evils.
My plan is just to vote against anyone that is currently in office,
won't change anything, sad watching the sheeple in the audience scream red blue and not even looking at the
3rd party or thinking about what was said.
They just want to watch red blue insult each other and cheer the best insults.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You had me till you mentioned Ron Paul.

Republicans are actually trying to move in the right direction, albeit begrudgingly. Ridding the Party of these wishy-washy moderates is a great way to start.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I never say Ron Paul is the last hope of America or the messiah we need (which you don’t accuse me of either) I’m just saying he’s someone who actually offers some real change, whether or not that change would work out for the betterment of America is something yet to be determined.

Consider him an example. Not my top choice.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

That's all well and good IF you still believe your votes are actually counted. Back in 2008 Hilary Clinton was in the lead to become the Democratic Candidate for Presidential ballot. Both Hilary and Obama were called to a meeting with the heads of the Bilderberg Group. Within a week, the polls were showing Obama had taken a significant lead, and then McCain makes his awesome choice of Sarah Palin as a running mate which pretty much sealed the deal in the public's eye.
It doesn't matter who you vote for, there are roughly a billion votes being casts, and in all of that there's no way in hell of knowing who voted for who, and at what majority. Its a rigged sport. A game. An illusion of choice and control. I don't think America has picked its own President since before the 30s when Hoover was put into office, if ever.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

While I don’t know as much about voter fraud as you do I’m inclined to agree with you, it does seem like "the people" no longer make the choices.

I guess we really are screwed.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

Great Idea... Vote for Palin.

I mean she was only groomed from birth for this job. She's absolutely the most qualified person to have a giant hand up her butt controlling her mouth. Best puppet ever. No offense Mr. Molder but you should really do your homework. What would change by having another NeoCon puppet in a position of power?
If you don't know what I'm talking about Google "The Anatomy of Sarah Palin".
If you still don't get it go read The Trance-Formation of America by Cathy O'Brien.
If your still lost I'm afraid you're on your own.

Manifest Destiny!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I'm determined that I will no longer vote the lesser of two evils. That being said, I've aligned myself with the Green Party.

Can't beat this:

These are the ten planks of the Green New Deal:

Cut military spending at least 70%

Create millions of green union jobs through massive public investment in renewable energy, mass transit and conservation

Set ambitious, science-based greenhouse gas emission reduction targets, and enact a revenue-neutral carbon tax to meet them

Establish single-payer "Medicare for all" health care

Provide tuition-free public higher education

Change trade agreements to improve labor, environmental, consumer, health and safety standards

End counterproductive prohibition policies and legalize marijuana

Enact tough limits on credit interest and lending rates, progressive tax reform and strict financial regulation

Amend the U.S. Constitution to abolish corporate personhood

Pass sweeping electoral, campaign finance and anti-corruption reforms

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Oh if the republicans win big it WILL change alright...

There will be more outsourcing of American jobs.
There will be more pandering to corporate interests.
There will be more corporate welfare handouts.
The rich will get richer and the poor and middle class will get poorer.
The will of the people will be ignored just like when George W was in. Remember what he said, "This isn't a popularity contest, I don't care what the people want."

Just remember what happened when George W was in there for 8 years. You're gonna get more of the same.

More Republicans??? Are you insane?????

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join