It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin launches Tea Party tour by telling Republicans to get on board

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Reno, Nevada (CNN) -- Sarah Palin warned Monday that the mainstream Republican Party must embrace the core conservative principles of the Tea Party movement or disappear.

In comments to CNN at a Tea Party Express rally to kick off its fourth national tour, Palin said the Republican Party machine realizes how the Tea Party movement's "we the people" message has resonated on the political right, as well as with independents and moderates. The message emphasizes free market principles and individual and state powers instead of expanded federal powers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.cnn.com...

Yep, that's the TPM party line, our way our you die. Whether it be candidates like Sharron Angle and her "Second Amendment solution" or now Palin threatening the GOP with it's own demise, there is one thing that has always been constant with the TPM, threats.

Basically if you haven't all figured it out yet, the TPM IS the GOP. It's the far right winger GOP who want either complete and total fascist control over everything or their other solution is a violent revolution as has been suggested REPEATEDLY here on ATS.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Isn't it ideal to stick to the wishes of your voter base? The Tea Party is the GOP voter base so if they don't satisfy their wishes isn't it common sense that the GOP must fail then?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
It's the far right winger GOP who want either complete and total fascist control over everything

Yes, because that's totally the TPM position on things.

edit on 19-10-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think it's hilarious and loads of fail that she used the term "man up".

The implied impotency of that sort of rhetoric isn't exactly going to inspire the core membership of the Tea Party or the GOP - disgruntled, disaffected men. When she speaks, she sounds like the stereo-typical nag endlessly brow-beating her husband. I found myself feeling sorry for Todd and wondering how long until conservatives trade her in for a trophy wife.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well, unless I read the wrong article, I fail to see the "threats" you speak of. I'm no supporter of Palin, but you're stretching quite a bit here.

Certainly the tea party folks splinter votes away from the republicans, but I fail to see why anyone should care if the republican party gets hurt in the process.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
ha- they just wanted her to do some lapdances and excite the base-
now what do they do with this broad?.. - she got book deals and a spot on fox-
why wont she go away..cause the neocons want to run an old white guy as usual..
and how can they do that without the christocons? ha..
this is classic.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Do you think the higher ups in the Republican party realize that Sarah Palin and her nut job followers will ruin everything the Tea Party originally stood for?(like they haven't already) I do think she was set up to be a Tea Party cheerleader just for that purpose.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yep, that's the TPM party line, our way our you die. Whether it be candidates like Sharron Angle and her "Second Amendment solution" or now Palin threatening the GOP with it's own demise, there is one thing that has always been constant with the TPM, threats.

Basically if you haven't all figured it out yet, the TPM IS the GOP. It's the far right winger GOP who want either complete and total fascist control over everything or their other solution is a violent revolution as has been suggested REPEATEDLY here on ATS.

While I dislike the negative tone and connotation of your post, I actually kind of agree with what you are saying.

I do not like Palin, or Beck, or Limbaugh, or O'Donnell, or the Tea Party Express............HOWEVER........

I do like the Tea Party Movement, especially at its smallest, most local level! It has had some success so far, it is awakening the common person, it is pushing the limelight back to the more conservative, more common sense values the country was built on.

The problem with politics over the years has been that the most liberal are also the most active. Therefore, it gives an impression that the "people" are always trying to change things in a liberal way. In reality, conservatives far outnumber the liberals, but they are typically quiet, keep to themselves, don't make too many waves type of people.

In our current situation, that high number of semi-conservative, keep to themselves folks are becoming active, and these are the same folks that are willing and capable of a violent reaction if they are cornererd. They are the same folks responsible for the first revolution and the first civil war. They are also the hard-working, blue collar folks responsible for the major success and growth this country has had for the past 2 centuries.

I am not endorsing a violent end to the political situation, but I am acknowledging that it is one of the options on the table, and that a large number of typically very quiet people are starting to not be quiet anymore!!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Do you think the higher ups in the Republican party realize that Sarah Palin and her nut job followers will ruin everything the Tea Party originally stood for?(like they haven't already) I do think she was set up to be a Tea Party cheerleader just for that purpose.

Yes, and Yes!

Contrary to my last post, I do think that the GOP and TPTB set up Palin, O'Donnell, Beck, and Limbaugh to belittle the Tea Party Movement and shuffle it off to extremism and fringe land. So far, they have only been minorly successful. So far, the grass roots version and the "idea" of the Tea Party is still spreading and being successful.

If Palin, or O'Donnell get into any office, then the whole Tea Party comes crashing down, and the status quo wins. The GOP distances itself, and Democrats and Republicans continue to operate with business as usual.

God Forbid that any of these idiots get into office! We need "real" common, moderate-conservative folks in office, not pretty faces, and famous people trying to portray a conservative outlook.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

The problem with politics over the years has been that the most liberal are also the most active. Therefore, it gives an impression that the "people" are always trying to change things in a liberal way. In reality, conservatives far outnumber the liberals, but they are typically quiet, keep to themselves, don't make too many waves type of people.

In our current situation, that high number of semi-conservative, keep to themselves folks are becoming active, and these are the same folks that are willing and capable of a violent reaction if they are cornererd. They are the same folks responsible for the first revolution and the first civil war. They are also the hard-working, blue collar folks responsible for the major success and growth this country has had for the past 2 centuries.

I am not endorsing a violent end to the political situation, but I am acknowledging that it is one of the options on the table, and that a large number of typically very quiet people are starting to not be quiet anymore!!

Oh right. The conservative movement was sooooooo quiet and unassuming during the Bush years. And the religious right? You wouldn't even know they were there. And the Moral Majority of the 1990's was so docile you hardly heard a peep out of them. It's only now, with the rise of the TPM, that conservatives are finding a voice because they have been driven to the wall by the overthrow of the country by liberals. Not because so-called "liberal" issues have become important to much of the country, noooo noooo nooooo. Because they are such active loudmouths the poor voice of the poor "people" has been silenced.

It's only been since 2008 that there has been any real, empowered movement for "liberal" change in decades. No. Bill Clinton does not count as a liberal. He was Republican Lite.

And you'd be surprised to know that many people in the American Revolution, and in America's growth and prosperity over the centuries, had views you might not agree with. And though it's true they did not start the Civil War liberals fought hard in it. You remember the incredibly bloody Civil War, of course. And you do recall what happened to the Confederacy, right? And you want to see that happen again?

So much for the quiet, unassuming conservatives who never make waves. Shucks, they're just too nice for their own good.

BTW: There are thousands and thousands of blue collar workers who identify with the Democrats. You are aware of the Labor Unions of course?

edit on 19-10-2010 by Sestias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

You know what......you are right.
I guess I should have said that the extreme views on both sides are the most vocal and active, and as you say, there is a very large majority of moderate republicans/democrats who are neither conservative or liberal (although I think they wish to see a return to simpler times, which makes them slightly conservative).

My use of the word "liberal" messed up the message of my post.

In reality, nobody is just liberal or just conservative. I am 95% pro-life, but I am not in favor of any laws forcing the pro-life issue. I am a Tea Partier, gun carrier, small government, state rights kind of guy, but one of my biggest concerns is "green" renewable energy and environmental concerns. I am all for legalizing a bunch of stuff that is currently illegal, and I am all for getting about 60% of our inmates out of jail!

I guess the point is that the Tea Party, on the local level, is made up of people like me. We come from both parties, we are not entirely conservative or liberal, we have competing views depending on the subject matter at hand, and we have a hard time finding decent candidates to vote for, because all the candidates follow the hardlines of their party and they try to mimic what they "think" we believe, and half the time they are wrong!

Hopefully, the Tea Party produces some candidates that can see what the large, unvocal middle is willing to support and vote for!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Hey WUK.

I can't recall when it was... probably a year ago, or thereabouts... I watched a local news stations coverage of a Tea Party rally here in Atlanta. During this coverage one of the reporters gave an interview to one of the average Joe types who was attending the rally.

The interviewee, an older working class, baseball cap wearing white guy, went into the spiel... the usual stuff... he hated taxes, he despised what he currently saw the US as - a nanny, welfare state, and he was sick and tired of illegal immigrants raping our nation of its wealth.

For a moment I sort of agreed with him, as he spoke. I don't like giving 30% of my earnings to Uncle Sam any more than the next guy does. I think that welfare and social service reform needs to happen - as there is so much fraud and abuse extant in that system as to be laughable. And illegal immigration is a problem that we need to find solutions for. So... so far so good.

But then the guy deeply deviated from anything I could feel empathy towards. When asked why he felt this way the guy showed his true colors. He began ranting about how it wasn't "fair" that other people got free money from the government and how the illegals were taking "his" jobs and they were going to drain away "his" Social Security before he had a chance to collect.

Suddenly all I heard coming out of this guys mouth was "me me me me me me me" and I was repulsed.

That is pretty much all I have heard out of the Tea Party Movement since then. Just the words "Me" and "mine" relentlessly pounded out in a thousand variations. It's just a bunch of people afraid that they aren't going to get theirs and they are willing to throw everyone else under the bus to try and make sure that they, too, can cash in.

I'm too far from innocent, at this point in my life, to believe the hype out of either party. I've watched Republicans preach "small government" and "free markets" even as they grew the government and allowed big business to choke out competition in the marketplace. And I've listened to Democrats demonize republican policy, only to continue those policies as business as usual. I'm pretty hip to the games that they play...

And in my opinion Palin, Beck, O'Donnell, and the rest are just tools being used to make a segment of the disenfranchised feel as though they have a voice. They are shiny things meant to entertain our national political OCD just long enough for those really in power to pull the wool over our eyes for another election or two.

In the end, the Tea Party will vanish, just as Ross Perots movement did once upon a time, leaving a ton of voters confused, rubbing their eyes, and trying to figure out what just happened.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff?

If a reporter just picks a random working man from a crowd, what are the chances that he is going to be prepared, articulate, and calm?

Heaven forbid the reporter accidentally pull somebody like me out of the crowd and I school him and take his job. That would be an extreme coincidence. It is much more likely that the reporter is going to randomly grab someone that is a welder or a mechanic or any of a million careers that don't require top notch communication skills. In that case, you might agree with the message, but you might be taken back by the delivery method.

Please do not judge the message by the messenger. The beauty of the Tea Party is that guys like this are involved. Nobody needs an English degree or a political background. The Tea Partiers might be your gardner, accountant, police officer, car mechanic, or a Judge. They can be anybody! If you liked the original message, please focus on that and ignore the rednecks attempting to deliver it. They know what they believe, but they don't necessarily know how to communicate it.

new topics

top topics

join