It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let the inflation games begin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

My question to you and the catalyst for discussion is: Now that we can see some of our fears coming to fruition, what extra steps will you take if any...and what advice do you have?

Cool thread.

I'm going to keep working on making best use of this 'abundant' time before things potentially unravel more. Thanks for the reminder of how real it all is.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Posting on an internet forum really won't do us good. It's gonna happen whether we like it or not, and basically because we have been reduce to the equivalent of sniffing and whining #s. You guys see it coming, so do what I'm going to do. Which is wait for the world to go to complete # and loot to your heart's content. Seems like a sad way to see the current situation we are in, but what else is there to do other than leaving our keyboards and throwing our opinions into the public's faces. Sorry if this is a bit #ed up, I'm a little under the influence at the moment. My fault.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Invention is the mother of necessity.

Increase in innovation and tech, management practices as well as a sustainable minimum wage component will keep inflation in check.

Dependence on the high cost of oil will thus finally turn us to other cheaper energy alternatives. Unused arable lands will have to be converted to more profitable uses. Landspaces for habitation must be never be more than the economic worth of the land for society itself. Better yielding seeds be used for agriculture. Corporations start looking at their profits and share it.

These are only some ideas.

We the human race are given brains to rationalize and conceptualize problems on hand and turn them into solutions. Throughout the course of our civilisation, we had never allowed obstacles to impede our progress, but sought many ways, at times even out of the box style. How much more should we do so now, a so much better educated generation than our ancestors ever were, instead of sitting down and staring at defeat and ruin to overwhelm us all?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join