It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines Chief Warns Most Are Uncomfortable Serving With Openly Gay Troops

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang
i can hear r lee emry now-
Listen up you rump rustling horndogs-
this is the marine corps- not a support group for homophobic fag baits..
be afraid of close quarters with the goddamn gooks! not your
fellow troops. youre there to watch each other back- not wash it!..
well get you anti homo comforters so you wont feel uncomfortable.
and tuck you in every balmy night.
lock and load your own gun private panties..
no grab ass in the chow line- no friggin in the riggin!
now if you ladies dont mind-
THERES A GOD DAMN WAR GOING ON!
i dont care if youre straight- i only need straight shooters!
get your homo-mojo squared away and prepare to kick ass-not kiss ass.
now-i see private panties has an absolutely captivating camo make up
and his bunk more a loft it's so squared away - you knuckle draggers
take a lesson. and get a clue subaru
nothing attracts girls like gay guys in uniforms.
and there you will be - to pick the hunnies when they find
he'd not interested. tactics rookie- pay attention.
adapt improvise and overcome..and i dont mean in a gay way.
now for a little run with the marvelous matching outfits by Uncle Sam.
what a darling platoon..

I am pretty sure those words would NEVER come out of Gunny's mouth.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

They wouldn't never come out of any true Marines mouth. I find it interesting that the pro-gays will go to any length
to distort and twist facts to candy-coat
their agenda.

And the facts remain clear: Heterosexual men don't like homosexuals in their presence!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Not at you in particular but.......
The line "they could lose their job for just being gay" is bandied around a lot.
I wonder how often that happens though?
If the military already accept gays on a DADT basis, then why would they then turn around and discharge them for being gay? Would it be more because of their conduct than the fact that they are gay? It doesn't make sense.
I think there is a lot more to it than this.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

And the facts remain clear: Heterosexual men don't like homosexuals in their presence!

That is so not true, if you've read the thread.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I don't think that's the case; I think that homosexuals don't have the "right" to be openly in the military. It's not compatible with the military, and service in the US military is far from a "right"; it's a privilege.

C&S love to talk about how much better it would be for the military to have openly gay members, but I still haven't seen a single military service that was bettered by that fact, if they were worth a sh!t at all before they allowed them to serve openly.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty

Not at you in particular but.......
The line "they could lose their job for just being gay" is bandied around a lot.
I wonder how often that happens though?

Well, thats because that is what this is about. I was merely offering that in refutation of the entirely untrue assertion that this will mean that gay people can have orgies on the battelefield and the like.

If the military already accept gays on a DADT basis, then why would they then turn around and discharge them for being gay? Would it be more because of their conduct than the fact that they are gay? It doesn't make sense.

LOL. "Dont ask dont tell" meant that if someone DID 'tell' they would lose their jobs. Now, 'tell' doesnt mean running around screaming "I'm gay!!". It means someone finding out.

Why you think this is about legislating crazy homoerotic behavior is beyond me. No, scratch that. I know why you believe it. Because that is what the media is feeding you, and you never bother to question or research it.

So, for the record, once again: This IS NOT about encouraging homosexuality in the military. It is about removing a draconian law that makes it ILLEGAL to be gay in the military.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

They wouldn't never come out of any true Marines mouth. I find it interesting that the pro-gays will go to any length
to distort and twist facts to candy-coat
their agenda.

I find it interesting that the anti-gays such as yourself will go to any length o distort and twist the facts to smear fear and hatred all over the truth.
IF you are so comfortable in your sexuality, then why are you so FEARFUL of teh gays?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What I find unacceptable is that certain people within the military are trying to play wedge politics by spinning this into being 'pro-gay', when all it does is remove the legal precedent of firing gays for being gay.

These military leaders should be REMOVED from their job fro playing politics.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
IF you are so comfortable in your sexuality, then why are you so FEARFUL of teh gays?

That doesn't work anymore....

It is like saying an anti-communist is secretly a communist.

Or an anti-pedopile is secretly pedophile.

Or the jew hater is secretly a jew. Or the Racist is secretly black.

It is illogical and it takes away from whatever credibility you think you may have.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

glad you focused on the least substantive part of my post.

i will be more wary of providing such easy distractions for you in the future.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

That is so not true, if you've read the thread.

I've read enough of the thread to know that many of the members that are posting here have liberal views. The people I associate with have the same views as I do.

If a poll was taken in a gay bar about whether gays should be allowed in the military, you'd get a 100% positive response. If the same poll were taken in a redneck bar (the kind I use to frequent) you'd get a 100% negative response.

Polls aren't a reliable source for the true sentiments of the general public.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

It's about equal rights of everyone who serves. There will be gay Marines already there. I don't understand how giving a person the right not to loose their job because of who they get together with on leave will endanger the mission.

You see, you don't understand the issue. A gay will not lose their job becuase of who they get with on leave under current policy.

And what you are talking about is not equal rights. It is giving gays special treatment and would lead to special housing, special clubs, special programs. You see equal rights will require gays to be housed seperately from straight males because straight males have rights too.

Then you will have all the gays living together, which I'm sure the gays would just love! But, that would be the same as putting males and females together wouldn't it? You see now? It is not equal rights they are after, it is special treatment.

"Nicholas Groth, a clinical psychologist and author of Men Who Rape: The Psychology of the Offender, says all sexual assault is an act of aggression, regardless of the gender or age of the victim or the assailant. Neither sexual desire nor sexual deprivation is the primary motivating force behind sexual assault. It is not about sexual gratification, but rather a sexual aggressor using somebody else as a means of expressing their own power and control.

The choice of a victim seemed to be more a matter of accessibility than of sexual orientation, gender or age."

www.ncvc.org...

I'm STILL waiting for a credible source from you to back up your claims that most gay men are predatory rapists.

Again, your are full of BS.
"...choice of a victim seemed to be more a matter of accessibility than of sexual orientation, gender or age.

Hmm, just like child molesters always somehow seem to put themselves near children. Wisely our justice system realizes this reality and bans convicted child molesters from living near schools. How about serial rapists who have been caught who raped 20 women yet, strangely no men. Those priests who raped all boys?

A predator has in mind their desired prey and puts themselves near that prey. Intellectuals seem to do nothing more than attempt to rationalize the denial of reality. It stupid to think a predator does not have a sexual preference in vicitms and it is contrary to countless serial crimes cases.

A predator is a person. Do you, as a person, have a sexual preference? A predator's sexual preference will manifest itself in their coice of vicitm.

The type of rape that you are talking about (done purely to degrade the victim) is more like the prison rapes to degrade/strike fear in others. This type of rape probably makes up less than 2% of total rapes.

I really don't care if people think I'm a bigot because I think gays shouldn't have more rights than straight males. As far as I'm concerned, I see our country getting more gay and helpless everyday. Meterosexual men? Why don't you just go gay and get it over with! Women, what is your fascination with gay men? They don't like you, do you not understand that? Well, they may like to talk about Lady Gaga and clothes and feelings with you, but they are never going to marry you and kissing you would disgust them.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
you have to think about the smaller things when serving with a homosexual... In basic training, an openly gay person is going to have to be with your flight/platoon/ or whatever you want to call it. That means showering with openly gay men.... I currently am serving active duty and I just like my fellow Airmen/Soldiers/Sailors/ and Marines do not want to shower with someone that is gay! Now to counter this we would make "gay" flights for basic training so that way they cannot shower with the gender they are attracted to, and we couldn't put them with the girls because that is just wrong. So then all the gays would say they are being treated unfairly and segregated and discriminated.

And when you are downrange... We would have to make gays only cadillacs (showers and bathrooms) so that way military members wouldn't feel uncomfortable. I personally wouldn't like a gay man staring at my you know what.... And I would say 98% of men that caught someone staring at their junk in the showers would "open a can of whoopa$$" on em. Gays will NEVER be welcome with open arms in the military. It is just not going to work. Too many changes have to be made and they WILL be separated and basically have a target on their head.

And not to mention the actual combat aspect...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
It should be like any job. Dont ask dont tell but not as a law but as a guideline. Like any job you cant go up to some girl and say hey you like sex with girls? sex harassment.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AP-Chris

I really don't care if people think I'm a bigot because I think gays shouldn't have more rights than straight males. As far as I'm concerned, I see our country getting more gay and helpless everyday. Meterosexual men? Why don't you just go gay and get it over with! Women, what is your fascination with gay men? They don't like you, do you not understand that? Well, they may like to talk about Lady Gaga and clothes and feelings with you, but they are never going to marry you and kissing you would disgust them.

This statement kind of says it all really.

You accuse me of posting BS, oh the irony.

Sadly, you have a pretty warped and distorted view on this subject which is evident in your responses. You carry on sticking your head in the sand.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Um, actually I was asking the question with no preconceived ideas at all. So please don't tell me why I ask what I ask.
You seemed to know a bit about it, so thought I'd ask the question to you and everyone else as well.
Personally, it bothers me nil either way. But they were genuine questions that I've often wondered about when this subject comes up.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join