It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shilling for Banks in the Blogosphere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Seems like I'm not the only one who's noticing something strange about how the "deadbeat borrower" meme is so prevelent among the replies to threads and blogs about "foreclosuregate". Yves Smith runs Naked Capitalism blog and noticed.

One regular reader has noticed that every time I put up a foreclosure post, the first comment, suspiciously close to the post time, is always a version of “deadbeat borrower”. He reads enough blogs that he is pretty convinced that NC is being targeted for this sort of message.

From Naked Capitalism

Also from the same guest article on NC

Demonstrating that the banks understand the significance of how the blogosphere has driven this story, the PR offensive has descended to the comment thread level, as we’re seeing the biggest surge yet of pro-bank commenters, many repeating the same talking points with suspicious discipline.

I've seen the same commentary myself in the threads on the issue here at ATS. Particularly with people who just registered the same day they made the post.

The MSM will not investigate this because they are captive to their advertisers. Watch Fox, CNN, and MSNBC for 30 minutes each. What percentage of the advertising in that sample are banks or other financial institutions. In the 30 minute sample I watched 20-40% of the advertising was banks. There you have your answer why the MSM is so far behind the blogosphere on the reporting of this issue.

This issue I believe will show us that the Judicial Branch is as corrupted by the Banks and Wall Street as the Executive and Legislative. I hope I'm wrong, because if so the only solution starts something like this:

"When in the course of human events....."

new topics

join