It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Candidate: Abolish Public Schools

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
You changed more than "spelling errors" and it is you that is lying. You can backpedal all you want. If you want people to believe it took you two edits to correct spelling errors this is fine, and only underscores the problem with public schools today.

Do you have a personal issue with me?
Please show us what I edited or get a life.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Oh, please show what you edited out and is no longer there? Look, the problem is public schools and their profound failure to educate. There is no one in this thread making any argument that Christianity should be taught in science classes. This is my issue with you. The argument is not about religion, it is about the inefficiency of the public school system. The O.P. presented a politician who is advocating simply doing away with the public schools. That is what this thread is about, not your petty anti-religious fervor.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Oh, please show what you edited out and is no longer there?

Oh please, accuse me of running around altering my posts and not be able to back that up. I see very few edited posts by me. You seem to have a personal issue with me. You are accusing me of things and making things up about me and putting words in my mouth and then you get all upset when I ask you to um show us all what you are talking abiut? OKEY DOKEY!

Look, the problem is public schools and their profound failure to educate. There is no one in this thread making any argument that Christianity should be taught in science classes.

I was not arguing against that.

This is my issue with you. The argument is not about religion, it is about the inefficiency of the public school system. The O.P. presented a politician who is advocating simply doing away with the public schools. That is what this thread is about, not your petty anti-religious fervor.

You need to get over your issue with me because the only reason religion came up was because of a pretty specific question. You want to run with it? run over there.

I am not sure why you jumped in on what I said and decided to ride it out and then get upset about it but I never addressed you and you are dragging this religion stuff just way out too far. I am not interested in debating religion with you in this thread. I am certainly not interested in your lame attempt to get me to engage and call me out for bringing it up either. I was actually addressing the Christian Conservative Compassionate Right with my one little question. If you really like me this much, sign my profile.

I never meant to make such an impact on you by asking someone else a question but I certainly feel powerful and special now. Thank you.

edit on 10/20/10 by Curiousisall because: TO TAKE OUT THE LETTER "I"

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Oh please, accuse me of running around altering my posts and not be able to back that up. I see very few edited posts by me. You seem to have a personal issue with me. You are accusing me of things and making things up about me and putting words in my mouth and then you get all upset when I ask you to um show us all what you are talking abiut? OKEY DOKEY!

You demanded I quote you on a reference I made on one of your posts after you edited it twice so I couldn't quote what I referenced. This is a fact, and anyone paying attention can see this. More importantly, I have explained what my issue is with you, and your insistence on now making this about your editing is just a lame deflection.

You need to get over your issue with me because the only reason religion came up was because of a pretty specific question. You want to run with it? run over there.

The "pretty specific question" you are referring to is this:

Originally posted by abecedarian

All I hear anymore is how it's wrong to let people who cannot provide for themselves go without the basic necessities of life. Yet is it not evolution that all but specifies survival of the fittest? If you can't provide for yourself, how are you yourself fit to survive much less provide for your offspring?

This question in no way mentions teaching Christianity in school, or does it preach Christianity in any way, but your off topic rant on Christianity as a reply to this member can be found here. Don't try to pass this off as if that member started a debate on Christianity, it just isn't true. That member asked if survival of the fittest wasn't specified in the theory of evolution, and asked a question in relation to that. Your response was to attack "conservative Christians". It was a non sequitur.

I am not sure why you jumped in on what I said and decided to ride it out and then get upset about it but I never addressed you and you are dragging this religion stuff just way out too far. I am not interested in debating religion with you in this thread.

You've spent two posts calling I and another member "Christian" and attempting to use this charge as a reason to attack Christianity. You have insisted that Christianity should not be taught in a science class when no one argued that it should. You have most assuredly attempted to derail this thread and make it about your anti-Christianity fervor.

I am certainly not interested in your lame attempt to get me to engage and call me out for bringing it up either. I was actually addressing the Christian Conservative Compassionate Right with my one little question. If you really like me this much, sign my profile.

The "Christian Conservative Compassionate Right" has nothing to do with this thread.

I never meant to make such an impact on you by asking someone else a question but I certainly feel powerful and special now. Thank you.

You have effectively demonstrated the problems with public educations, and serve as a perfect example as to what is wrong with this particular government institution. If this makes you "feel powerful" this is your delusion, but the ignorance you have shown is demonstrative of a failed public school system.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

So you cannot show me what I edited? I Guess that means I am correct in calling you a liar? Good, now that that is settled. GO AWAY.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

So you cannot show me what I edited? I Guess that means I am correct in calling you a liar? Good, now that that is settled. GO AWAY.

Right. Keep making pointless arguments to illustrate my point about the very real problems of the public school system and the products they produce.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

You have effectively demonstrated the problems with public educations, and serve as a perfect example as to what is wrong with this particular government institution. If this makes you "feel powerful" this is your delusion, but the ignorance you have shown is demonstrative of a failed public school system.

I get it, you like me. I find that flattering. I am actually a product of the parochial school system so you know what you can do with your assumptions. I really have no clue what you are getting at. I asked someone else a question and you are hammering me about religion and insulting my intelligence and blaming it on public schools all while lying and assuming to make what point?

I really do not understand what you want from me, what you are asking of me, or why you felt the need to butt in and try to twist this into something it never should have been.

Heck, if calling me stupid and saying I am proof is all you got, then please hang that flag high since I did not go to public school.
I really do not know what you want with me. I was just asking someone something. I have no idea what you are trying to get from me or what you feel you need to tell me so how about you and I just let this thread get back to where it was and if the actual poster I addressed wants to get into that conversation, we just let that happen then, ok?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Your level of honesty has hardly been impressive, and we only have your word to take that you are a product of the parochial school system.

I have explained ad nauseum what my issue is with you and it was your inappropriate attempt to derail this thread and make it an argument about "conservative Christianity", which is ironic since you claim to be a product of the parochial school system.

This site uses as its motto "Deny Ignorance", and I saw ignorance rearing its ugly head, and I spoke to it. If you are proud of your ignorance this is your deal. I see nothing likable about it, or any reason to be proud of it.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Right. Keep making pointless arguments to illustrate my point about the very real problems of the public school system and the products they produce.

Is this....

All that...

up there...

Is this what ATS is all about now? I ask someone a question, you jump in and try to pretend there is some great conspiracy where I run around changing ONE WHOLE POST all over the place, you pretend I demanded this and that, set traps for you, changed my words, and even though you cannot back up any of the crazy nonsense you are posting, and then you stand back and go "See? Told ya!"

I have no idea what your deal is with me but out of respect for the OP, I am going to have to step away if that is all I can do to stop you from relentlessly pursuing me about whatever your hang up is. This is the internet, relax. Go back a few posts. Maybe you need to kick a puppy, I do not know but get over me.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Or you could simply just stay on topic and discuss the merits of either keeping the public school system as is, changing it in some meaningful way that would merit keeping a public school system, or argue as to why it should be abandoned all together. That would probably be more respectful to the O.P. than all this other nonsense.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER CAME TO YOUR HOUSE OK????????????
HOW DO I MAKE YOU STOP TALKING AT ME FOR NO REASON????????

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER CAME TO YOUR HOUSE OK????????????
HOW DO I MAKE YOU STOP TALKING AT ME FOR NO REASON????????

Just one post before this one you made this claim:

I have no idea what your deal is with me but out of respect for the OP, I am going to have to step away if that is all I can do to stop you from relentlessly pursuing me about whatever your hang up is.

And yet here you are, still not discussing the topic of the thread, and doing everything you can to make this thread about you. This is a thread about the public school system, and how a politician is arguing it should be abandoned. This thread is not your "house", it is a topic of importance. A topic that should be discussed and even debated. Clearly you "lack...interest" in that.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

STOP

RESPONDING

NONSENSE

TO

ME

PLEASE.

I am leaving the thread now because apparently you do not know how to just stop. You need to have the last word so badly that you are willing to trample all over this thread just to have it. Fine, have at it, all yours. My appologies to the OP for even stopping by.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Of all the issues that come and go through this site, the state of education in the United States is one of the utmost importance. It is imperative that we as a nation place make education and the strengthening of minds and critical thinking a high priority. Partisan politics and religious baiting will not get us there.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I actually said politicians should be charitable. I said they shouldn't make laws forcing others to be charitable. Likely as not, if those laws were made the ones making them would not follow them.

It's live and let die. If you want to help others live then good, if not, then help them. There's no use in having a law forcing you to help people who can't, or wont, help themselves.

You make bad arguments because you don't understand the point you're arguing.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
You make bad arguments because you don't understand the point you're arguing.

You are also not the person I addressed my question to. Do you have three accounts or am I really this dangerous?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

If you post, some people are liable to respond.

Do you know why?

Because they are allowed to.
Here is something from one of you recent posts:

You are also not the person I addressed my question to. Do you have three accounts or am I really this dangerous?

To think that you blamed me for having an ego problem once.

edit on 20-10-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Hey, it is not my fault I asked one person a simple question and an entire fan club sprung up to post back and forth and back and forth and then complain about how off topic it was.
I think you completely missunderstood what you just read but it is flattering to know that even more people want sign up. I just asked one person a question. If other people want to respond, that is fine. If they want to whine about how off topic the conversation gets because of their response then I have to remind them I did not come knocking on their door. I think some of you need to take a little break. Put me on ignore or something.
edit on 10/20/10 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Tea Party candidate David Harmer, who is running as a Republican for the U.S. House of Representatives in California's 11th District, thinks the nation's public education system should more closely resemble the way it looked in 1825. In other words, Harmer would abolish public schools altogether.

source

This my friends, is why we cannot let the Tea Party members into the White House. These people really do want their country back...back in the stone age.

Move America forward and keep it out of the hands of these lunatics.

I have only read your OP, and I haven't read through the rest of the posts yet, but why is this such a bad idea? The public school system is one of the worst in the world! I have personally witnessed kids coming from Europe, Cuba, the USSR, and even Mexico that were several years ahead of the curriculum they were inserted into in the US. Foreign students, even with language barriers, are still far superior to American educated kids. (Primary education, not University.)

My brother is a teacher, and he is appalled at the poor level of expectation. Some public schools do not even attempt to hold back a student until highschool. No amount of poor performance is enough to flunk a student in many public schools. We have kids graduating that can't read?!?

Compare that ridiculous performance to the performance of private schools! Private schools are lightyears ahead of public schools. Mostly because there is an expectation of certain performance standards.

SO.........where is the problem with returning schools to a more local and more responsible hierarchy? Why not build in more state and local controls and help promote the growth of more private schools? Why not admit that the Federal Department of Education has failed miserably and an entire restructuring is necessary?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Getting rid of a public system doesn't fix those problems. All it does it shirk fixing those problems off into other systems, or abandonning part of the population to non-education or substandard education.

The USA has a serious problem in many areas of education. This is true.

You ever consider that you have a problem because a certain influential segment of the country WANTS to wreck the public system for their own purposes, and therefore encourages bureaucratic and state problems which will assure that the system will fail?

Obviously many of the other public systems around the world are NOT having the same problems.
Maybe you should ask yourselves WHY.

Perhaps the problem isn't the public system. It is the many layers of horse# and intentional sabotaging it is labouring under.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join