It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raytheons 2nd Generation Exoskeleton Robotic Suit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Whoa,as if manual labor didn't have enough going against it already.......

And so many have no clue that labor and technology are in conflict.

The physical ability of 2 or 3 men replaced with only 1 ?.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by I B Dazzlin

Everything is weaponized before it is released for use by civilians.

Success is first measured by how well something can be used to kill,or make it more efficient in some way to kill.....

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I agree totaly. Look at Kevlar or fiber optics, they both used to be classified and now they are sold to the public in a number of items. As far as weaponizing the Raytheon Exoskeleton, I think it will take a couple more models to get there bulk down a bit more and get some power supply issues taken care of and then it will be weaponized in some way. As of right now they do not have any buyers for the suit so they are concentrating on getting power consumption down and making it more rugged.

Raytheon company Sarcos is funding development of the XOS 2 while it looks for a customer. One problem - there are lots of people with great ideas on how they could use an exoskeleton, but no one has come forward yet with a firm requirement that the suit can be tailored to. In the meantime, further work will be done to reduce energy consumption and make the suit more rugged and self-contained.

Source Article of Quote

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I can see ironman suits having a limited role in the military.
Beening used for logistics is a great idea. Definetly used for loading and unloading heavy goods.
Beening used in combat would be for carrying heavy weapons like a vulcan cannon with depleted uranium loads.
This will only happen when they develop a miniturised power pack.
But it will only be a halfway house system, and will be superceded by a variety of combat droids
edit on 16-11-2010 by HEREFORD 1969 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join