It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Obama billboard taken down after death threats...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Doesn't matter what race. All racism is evil!
That's what I'm applying here!

Of course racism is bad but calling someone a terrorist is NOT racism. Learn to pick your fights where there is actually something going on.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Well I see the typical stereotype imagery that has been used constantly! If you guys don't see then that's sad.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Not any terrorist! An Islamic terrorist! Big difference. You still don't see what I'm pointing out here. Do you?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

It was an effort that Democratic Presidents and leaders help sign into law. Yes there were a few Republicans who helped and few bad Dixiecrat. But it still stands Liberals have done more for this country then Conservatives.

WOW!!
You really need to read history on your own instead of getting talking points from liberal websites. You are totally 100% wrong. Way off!!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Then will you be kind enough to share with me the sites you consider historically accurate?
Maybe I went in head start. But you need to see where I am coming from. I understand people hate Obama. But using stereotype racism is wrong. I don't mind the king pin.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by guohua

Maybe you should stop trying to be your typical Liberal, looking for a hand out and learn to do things on your on. You don't like what I took 33 seconds to upload for you, then don't Whine, Just upload some of your own.

LMAO

I think you sank his battle ship.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Then will you be kind enough to share with me the sites you consider historically accurate?

There is your first problem. Try going to the library and actually reading some history books instead of websites.

Maybe I went in head start. But you need to see where I am coming from. I understand people hate Obama. But using stereotype racism is wrong. I don't mind the king pin.

Of course racism is wrong but the billboard is not racism.
You might have a point if the billboard had obama eating chicken and watermelon with the 'n-word' written above his head.
edit on 10/16/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/16/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

He didn't sink my battle ship. Still I don't any of links to support his claim. Do you have any?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Actually I do read history books. Of all subjects. As well websites. It would be to simple to point them out to you and I can't blame you for not noticing simple stereotypical racism.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I can't blame you for not noticing simple stereotypical racism.

To be racism, the billboard would have to be making a derogatory statement about his race and it's just not there. You are just being overly sensitive.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Images speak louder then words. We see life differently and that is common. I see one thing one way and you see it different.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

You know it is interesting seeing this post. When American muslims wanted to put a mosque up in New York, there was outrage from the rightwing even to the extent that there were threats. The arguement was that we have the freedom of speech and the freedom of religion, but that does not mean that everbody else has to support it, and you know what? While I was highly critical of people making a big deal of it I recognized their right to protest and I recognized the reality that freedom of speech does not automatically equal acceptance or cooperation. The same goes for this billboard as the owners and those behind it knew very well what they were doing. They were making a statement and a very controversal one hence the potrayal of Obama, nevertheless nobody stopped them from doing so. They withdrew the billboard because it received negative responses, and however you want to turn that around they chose to take it down in the end.

I do believe death threats need to be reported to the police and I believe that our rights should be protected, that being said we cannot police the way people feel or what people say. It is simply not possible so with freedom of speech comes the need to prepare for other freedoms of speech. You cannot have your cake and eat it to, and this billboard fiasco is just a good example of that.

And regarding Bush being potrayed as a monkey before in the newspapers. I have seen many presidents being potrayed as many things but I am yet to see a president be potrayed in that fashion on a billboard as Obama has been. There is a difference between something being posted on the internet or even in the newspaper, and something on a billboard in your town or city or street. It is something you are confronted with everyday, you cannot simply 'turn the page'. So obviously people were going to react the way they do, and while I hope those who made the death threats are delt with, I have not doubt the owners knew just what message they were sending out. Maybe they did it for publicity also? Who knows.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

LOL i said the same to romantic rebel on another site. Back away from the computer and check out a book.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

This is the site. What have you been smoking? Care to share? :p
What books would you refer then? Does it matter if I read a book or various articles online?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You're all crazy!
There! I said it! Somebody had to say it!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

This is the site. What have you been smoking? Care to share? :p
What books would you refer then? Does it matter if I read a book or various articles online?

Since civil rights came up earlier, here is the actual history in web format:

Republicans At The Forefront Of Civil Rights

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

It was an effort that Democratic Presidents and leaders help sign into law. Yes there were a few Republicans who helped and few bad Dixiecrat. But it still stands Liberals have done more for this country then Conservatives.

My Dear Young Liberal Democrat, you need to look at history a little deeper, I lived the 1960's, I was there and getting ready to be drafted.

The bill was reported out of the Judiciary Committee in November 1963, and referred to the Rules Committee, whose chairman, Howard W. Smith, a Democrat and avid segregationist from Virginia, indicated his intention to keep the bill bottled up indefinitely.
The bill came before the full Senate for debate on March 30, 1964 and the "Southern Bloc" of 18 southern Democratic Senators and one Republican Senator led by Richard Russell (D-GA) launched a filibuster to prevent its passage. Said Russell: "We will resist to the bitter end any measure or any movement which would have a tendency to bring about social equality and intermingling and amalgamation of the races in our (Southern) states."
The most fervent opposition to the bill came from Senator Strom Thurmond (D-SC): "This so-called Civil Rights Proposals, which the President has sent to Capitol Hill for enactment into law, are unconstitutional, unnecessary unwise and extend beyond the realm of reason. This is the worst civil-rights package ever presented to the Congress and is reminiscent of the Reconstruction proposals and actions of the radical Republican Congress."
( please catch the part where he mentions the Republican Congress.)

After 54 days of filibuster, Senators Everett Dirksen (R-IL), Thomas Kuchel (R-CA), Hubert Humphrey (D-MN), and Mike Mansfield (D-MT) introduced a substitute bill that they hoped would attract enough Republican swing votes to end the filibuster. The compromise bill was weaker than the House version in regard to government power to regulate the conduct of private business, but it was not so weak as to cause the House to reconsider the legislation.

( And here's a Democrat you can be Proud Of. ) On the morning of June 10, 1964, Senator Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.) completed a filibustering address that he had begun 14 hours and 13 minutes earlier opposing the legislation.

Totals are in "Yea-Nay" format:
The original House version:[11]
Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%–39%)
Republican Party: 138-34 (80%–20%) looks like Mostly Republicans !!!!

Cloture in the Senate:[12]
Democratic Party: 44-23 (66%–34%)
Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%) looks like Mostly Republicans !!!!

Romantic_Rebel, I think your Liberal Democratic Party has some explaining to do to you.
I think some one lied to you.

edit on 16-10-2010 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2010 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Give me time to read the article and I'll comment on your profile. I believe I have an interesting idea!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

He didn't sink my battle ship. Still I don't any of links to support his claim. Do you have any?

Why did you ask that?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
be warned, the OP is kinda long but it is informative. If you start it, read it all and please comment.
I want to use it for research later. I hope it proves educational.
oh yea, It was not your battle ship I was speaking of.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
so the self proclaimed liberal doesnt see people getting death threats from exercising their free speech as wrong?

hello? liberal is suppose to stand for personal freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and really last laugh as to liberal accomplishments?

the federal reserve
the consumer protection agency
the violation to the second ammendment
the violation of obamacare aka the care act
over taxation
over regulation
over unionization
the epa
the department of education
social security
medicare
medicaid
welfare

the damage alone those programs have done is nothing to be laughing about............man thats just sad

with the attitude nana nana my side is better than your side................GROW UP!!!!

WE HAVE freedom of speech and expression and to have death and be harrassed for it well i sure they hell know what party those people belong to...........................like many other people and posters have said time and time again...............the only people who are allowed to have freedom of speech and expression is them......

this last comment made by the lefts most loved democratic president :

“Whoever seeks to set one race against another seeks to enslave all races” - Franklin D. Roosevelt

and with all do respect........

edit on 16-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join