It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Obama billboard taken down after death threats...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I did find this interesting, I mean, What happened to our First Amendment Rights of free Speech or does it pertain to billboard signs of a Black president, It was OK, to put up Billboard sign of Bush looking like a Monkey or Ape or a Nazi.

But don't put up a billboard depicting Obama as nothing other than a Righteous Man.
Why? He's the President, He was hired by the American People, ( I don't know who, but some of you are really Stupid ) to do the job as we wanted it done. Not His Way,,, He's Not Elvis.

So if he can't do the job the why we want it done, he should be open to criticism from the People. RIGHT?
Or is Criticizing Obama being a Racist?

Here's the Article, the source and link and some of the story.
MOD: I used search and found nothing, but if you feel you need to move or delete do what ever you have to do.

www.nbc11news.com...
Email Address: kelly.asmuth@nbc11news.com

Billboard depicting Obama as terrorist comes down.
"We had cartoons of George W. Bush with gorillas," says Jamie Lee Smith, who is angered that the sign was taken down.

Others are enraged at what they say is hate and disrespect. "Where do you draw the line? It just causes hatred and racism if you ask me," says Cory Caldwell, who is offended by the billboard.

Regardless of the emotions conjured by the cartoon, the anger has now shifted to First Amendment rights.

"It is sad that people have to go so low as to threaten somebody's life because they don't like a sign," says Dennis Patton, who stopped by the sign to see that it had actually been taken down.

"Political correctness is a suppression of free speech," says Brueggeman.

"He got a lot of calls out of his place of business that he said he was fine with. When things got out of hand and people started calling his wife, that's when he decided to go ahead and take it down," says Blake Brueggeman, owner of Integrity Auto Repair. Brueggeman leases property from the billboard owner.

Now for you that have not seen the billboard here it is!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb70eb3ef136.jpg[/atsimg]

Some time I believe they only want you to see Obama as our one and only Emperor, it that a true statement?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69138124c184.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is ridiculous! I'm glad this billboard was taken down. Sometimes I think we give people too much opportunity to speak out against out what they dislike. This is far from dislike. This is hate. Nothing else, nothing less.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

"Political correctness is a suppression of free speech," says Brueggeman. "

I can't agrue with that statement , somehow I am Not Allowed to .....

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I don't believe in political correctness. But people don't need to use racist symbols in their messages and on billboards.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

This is True . There once was a thing in this Country called " Civil Decorum " . Guess it went the way of the Dinosaurs since , oh , I don't know , the 1960's ?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Are you blaming the Kennedy administration? Johnson administration? Why did it go away for?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Where are these bush billboards?

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

I don't believe in political correctness. But people don't need to use racist symbols in their messages and on billboards.

Please show me the Racist Symbols you speak of.
All I see is the POTUS, who is Black, But still the POTUS and is suppose to be Open To Criticism from the People.
So What, he's made to look like some one else and surrounded by the Rats of his Administration, Is that such a bad thing? Or are you saying to the American People, NO, You have to be Kind to Him, He's My President and You Can't Show him Like That!
Bite Me!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

If you can't see what I'm referring to then I feel sorry for you.
This is just sad.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
I did find this interesting, I mean, What happened to our First Amendment Rights of free Speech or does it pertain to billboard signs of a Black president, It was OK, to put up Billboard sign of Bush looking like a Monkey or Ape or a Nazi.

I think death threats are ridiculous but...

This persons first amendment rights were not infringed. The government did not take this down. It was taken down voluntarily after strong reaction from the community.
Basically it's the Libertarian mantra of "let the market take care of it" in action.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The question that should be asked, have we started to go back into history where such was frowned apon, and the people who would dare or dane to critize the leadership of the country would be blackballed? In times past, the very idea and testament to the freedom of speech was put up time and time again. So it offends many people, but then again, the question should be asked, what will not offend someone, some where for what ever reason? There are groups out there that spout hate for one reason or another, about different groups of people. This has been around since the dawn of the human civilization. Countries have gone to war over this very thing. But for a government and a country to function, and one that has the freedom of speech, needs to be willing to support even that which they do not like or find distasteful. Anything else simply violates that very freedom and borders on the area of censorship. Many great works of art, and litrature were almost destroyed in the idea of public morality, for one reason or another. Many a famous arthor have come under the fire and scrutiny for writing something that goes against the very grain of what society would allow and not allow.
Ultimately this is a sad testiment to our very nation these days, as it is just wrong. We can allow a group to protest and say some very mean and spiteful things and have it protected in the eyes of the law, or have another group turn around and walk over the very symbols of our country and show abosulte hatred towards another group, and get away with it, even to the point of where the laws that they break are ignored and buried under the ideas of civil rights, but critize the current President of the United States of America and the people who do such are harrassed and threatened, and they pull back? Where is the equality of such?
As a nation, who is suppose to represent the very ideals of what freedom and the rights of all men, should not permit this kind of behavior on anyones part. The true test of those freedoms, is never what you agree with or like, but if you are willing to support and defend the message or speech of those who offend you. By defending those rights, by protecting those very freedoms, then you uphold the very ideas of the freedoms that framed the governing of this country. Anything else violates such.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This is one of dumbest posters i have ever seen and its not fair to us that our president is portrayed as a king or pimp. That is just not right and i cant understand why people are always being negative with things tht are positive. I mean this poster does indeed offend me in certain ways. our president has a crown on and filled with gold and that tells me that NWO is on the way

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by Lysergic

I would have to assume you're not ready to use Google Yet to find these things or you're to young to understand how Google Works or you're to Lazy or you're just an Obamanite and you think he's the Only President that has been Slammed.
He's not and the Bushes got Slammed and the Billboards stayed up, The Liberals Cried Free Speech, First Amendment and all.
Most of us obey the laws of our country, but Liberals have their own seat of laws and we must obey them or we're Racist, Nazi Ass0les.
Here are some pictures for you and YES, many were Billboards.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/14940506165f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b4f8165ff3b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/144074a713cc.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e6794a55e70.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 16-10-2010 by guohua because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

reply to post by guohua

If you can't see what I'm referring to then I feel sorry for you.
This is just sad.

Don't Even Start to Feel Sorry For Me, I'm not a Racist, You are.
You still haven't pointed out the racism in the billboard.
You just want to use the "R" Word hopping to Shut people up about your P. O. S. President.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

The images of him dressed as a stereotypical Muslim Terrorist and Mexican gang member. Looks like you over looked those two.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Thanks, I am lazy, I knew someone like you would come along and post them for lil ol' me, thank you for being subservient to me.

Hilarious

ps: I am not an Obama whatevs you said nor do I nomnomnom on some Bush. also you show one that is in Chile? The others aren't exactly billboards, and the other one is a graffiti job over the lord of war movie billboard...

thats kinda failsy.
edit on 16-10-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
You still haven't pointed out the racism in the billboard.
You just want to use the "R" Word hopping to Shut people up about your P. O. S. President.

You got it!
People like to throw around the racism word because they cannot deal with the real facts regarding this inept president. The truths these people hear hurt them and they don't want to deal with it so they throw out the racism card in a lame attempt to change the subject.

Also, some people have memory problems or are just plain hypocrites. You better not spew the same words towards our messiah obama as we did to Bush.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The images of him dressed as a stereotypical Muslim Terrorist and Mexican gang member. Looks like you over looked those two.

How is that racist?

I did not realize that a terrorist and a gang member was considered a race.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

What about Bush? Sounds like you're being hypocritical!
President Bush and his supporters are nothing but the same as this leader.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

You overlook my response. You forgot to mention "Stereotypical Mexican gang member" and "Stereotypical Islamic Terrorist". Hypocrisy from the Far Right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join