It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS LIVE: 28: "Travis Walton Interview"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

No Semper Singing for awhile yet..

Just getting over a really bad case of Flu and Pneumonia...

But it warms the cockles of my heart that you would mention it...

Semper

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Now I am ill.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

That was NOT from me.... I'm contagion free...

But I was reminded that ANYTIME I get the flu, it is Swine Flu...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The one and only Travis Walton on ATS live now.

Telling his story, you can't buy live radio like this.

Well done ATS

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Outstanding !!! Phenomenal Show Guys!!

Professionally curtious, intelligent, rational, and sane questions asked of Mr Travis Walton, suberb job!!

Thanks for this show tonight, really enjoyed the information & humor. Well done.

Appreciative,
John Paul

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This show to me was a real inspiring labor of love by all participants..

I'm so thrilled that Travis Walton joined in and allowed everyone (that time would allow) to be able to ask him questions..

ATSLive knocked one out of the ballpark with this show...!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Creative Commons Musical Attribution for last nights show (Artist/Title)

Fresh Body Shop - Voodoo Doll
Fading Ways - Red Light Rippers
Erica Shine - Oxygen
Elle Lafant - Ballad of the Metronome
Heifervescent - Electic Towers
Illustrial - The Raven
Tryad - The Final Rewind
Beast 1333 - ATS Rap
Strobegirl - Daydreaming
The Different - Freak
OG - Exit
Flykiller - Fear
Adult Only - Wandering
Johnny Anonymous Karloff & The Munchkins 5 - Monster Car Crash
Illustrial - Sympathy Machine

A personal thanks from me, to Travis Walton, for agreeing to be interviewed on the show. It was a real pleasure.

You can read more about Travis, his story and his experiences at The Official Travis Walton Website

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Johnny Anonymous Karloff & The Munchkins 5 - Monster Car Crash

That song was pure Borisly genius. Catchy little tune.

Great inteview, too. Thanks to Travis Walton for sharing with us, and taking questions.

Again, Very well done. Tough questions, but asked with respectfull tactfulness.

Kudos all around,
ET

Appropriate dialogue.....

edit on 17-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Awesome Show, Guys ! One of the best, IMO.

Jammed packed with ATS goodness.

I genuflect in your general directions.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I really enjoyed the Travis Walton interview actually, enjoyed listening to Travis.

I've always been interested in this case as it was one of the first I read about.
I got the book as a kid and then saw the film when that came out a few years later.

Was cool to listen to him and to be honest, whether he's telling the truth or not, he's a humble guy and doesn't like the limelight and doesn't really care what people think.
Although the cynical side of me says that that'd be the best way to play it

But anyway, really enjoyed that interview.

Kudos for getting a great guest for that part of the show

edit on 17/10/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I would like to listen to the interview with Travis, however all I get when trying to listen to the rewind is a bunch of music and nothing else.....

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Very disappointed I did not get to listen as I have been following Travis' posts.

Will download the podcast.

edit on 18/10/1010 by Krusty the Klown because: Found the podcast link.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
was a great show, and an honor to talk to Mr Walton, I remember reading about his story as a kid of 7 or 8 in one on Daniel Cohen's many books on the paranormal for kids....

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Awesome! I'll have to check this out, as I bailed halfway through (Right as Travis started) with a migraine that kept me under for quite awhile!

PS: Nef... I do apologize for suggesting you're a soccer hooligan! It was social commentary gone horribly awry!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWash
I would like to listen to the interview with Travis, however all I get when trying to listen to the rewind is a bunch of music and nothing else.....

Well i listened the other night, and If I remember correctly, it was about 2 hours or more into the show until he came on.

It's a 3 hour show and I only started listening after an hour or so of the show starting.

So fast forward past the other stuff about 2 hours and it should start somewhere around there.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteWash

In order to make sure everything is streaming properly, and the connections are stable, the opening half hour of every broadcast is music. You can forward past it to get to the main show.

Edit to add - the interview with Travis is about an hour and a half into the main show.
edit on 18/10/10 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Neformore...

Just wondering why the mp3 streams of the show are so large (90mb+). Why can't they be made smaller? There's no real reason for them to be that big when the medium is talkback. For instance, C2C is about 160 minutes (minus bumper music and ads) and that's about 54 megs for the full stream.

Not sure you will read this now so I may message you anyway.

IRM

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Its a trade off between compression, quality and time.

As things are, the stream goes out at 64kbps, which is excellent quality for the combination of talk and musical audio we produce. By saving the stream at broadcast quality it can simply be uploaded without alteration.

If we compress to 48kbps, we may lose some of the audio quality - however I take your point on board and we'll test at a lower rate - I hadn't considered it as an issue because we've generally avoided podcasting after the Rewind player became available - this last weeks show is a test for an Itunes feed, which is why it is available.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Just want to thank everyone for a great show! The Travis Walton interview was great , and Johnny`s song was also awesome
I was thinking that that song could be possibly be used with this and put on the ATS media portal?

edit on 20-10-2010 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I just listened to the interview with Travis Walton and cannot say other then that I really found it a great one and enjoyed it.
I listened before this one to some other interviews of Travis and it strikes me again how very firmly he always is so consistent with his story.
Never a moment whatsoever of, hey, now he says suddenly something other than he said earlier.
No way, always the same facts.
Also very important is the fact that this case is supported by the testimonies no less than six other witnesses who were at the scene with him back then.

It’s definitely one of those abduction stories that in comparison with so many others really sticks out.

Thanks Travis
and ATS team for this one.

For those interested in another very good interview with Travis [in my opinion] one can listen to it here.

Paratopia 76: Travis Walton
Remember the movie ''Fire In The Sky?''
Remember when the character of Travis Walton woke up in a cocoon he had to peel his way through, and all the gruesome experiments evil aliens did to him?
Yeah, well, that never happened. What did?
We have the real Travis Walton with us to give us the facts of that strange November night in 1975.

www.cyberears.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join