It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you really need new UFO sightings to still believe that they exist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
That's right. Have you ever asked yourself this question before?

Due to the recent blown out of proportion October 13th UFO sightings, I have decided to divert the thought process into something more intriguing. (I hope)

Obviously, when researching ancient alien artifacts, looking at the paintings clearly displaying UFO's and reading very very old news articles (etched in wood, yes that old) there are TONS of obvious signs and proof that these things do/have existed, far before we had any sort of flying craft itself.

Of course we sitting far into the future of 2010 soon to be 2011, we can easily refute the idea. But the fact is these painting, artifacts, etc. DO exist and most of their authenticity cannot be questioned.

(fyi if you have not already, see the "Ancient Alien" series from the History Channel, I really enjoyed them as did others and the vast detail they go into is great on this subject)

So going back to my original question, with all the hoaxes going on now (which will never stop) and CGI being so advanced that soon it will be impossible to tell real from fake on supposed UFO videos we will see second hand, do we really need any of that to sway our judgment and opinions on UFO's, Aliens and the unexplained phenomenon?

As for me, no, I do not. And I believe Aliens do exist.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

For me the issue is not whether or not alien life is probable. The question is whether they could or even can come here. I don't see a big drive to visit a society as primitive and dangerous as ours. I don't see the benefit in risking communicable diseases that obviously nobody, on either side would have immunity for. And I have trouble thinking that the vastness of space can be overcome.

I would be thrilled to meet a member of a non-Earth species... I just don't think that it's in the cards.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
That's right. Have you ever asked yourself this question before?

Due to the recent blown out of proportion October 13th UFO sightings, I have decided to divert the thought process into something more intriguing. (I hope)

Obviously, when researching ancient alien artifacts, looking at the paintings clearly displaying UFO's and reading very very old news articles (etched in wood, yes that old) there are TONS of obvious signs and proof that these things do/have existed, far before we had any sort of flying craft itself.

Of course we sitting far into the future of 2010 soon to be 2011, we can easily refute the idea. But the fact is these painting, artifacts, etc. DO exist and most of their authenticity cannot be questioned.

(fyi if you have not already, see the "Ancient Alien" series from the History Channel, I really enjoyed them as did others and the vast detail they go into is great on this subject)

So going back to my original question, with all the hoaxes going on now (which will never stop) and CGI being so advanced that soon it will be impossible to tell real from fake on supposed UFO videos we will see second hand, do we really need any of that to sway our judgment and opinions on UFO's, Aliens and the unexplained phenomenon?

As for me, no, I do not. And I believe Aliens do exist.

hear hear

we have more than enough evidence ets exist

anyone with an open mind and a brain can figure out we are not the only game in town

dont let ANYONE whether its maybemaybenot or phage or anyone else make you think otherwise.. there is no evidence in THEIR minds.. they`re the ones conditioned by reptilians to think inside the box

i ask anyone look at the classic ufo cases not the junk stuff on youtube... there is no doubt ets exist and have been coming to earth

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Personally, I will not believe in other life until there is actual hard evidence. Yeah there's ancient carvings of figures with bubbles on their heads but don't throw out the idea either, that maybe they were just being creative. Like when we were younger, drawing aliens and monsters, maybe their's were men with bubbles on their heads. But like I said until I have cold-blooded, verified, hard evidence, I will not believe them.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

But being that there's bountiful ancient evidence that they *may* have, would you also rule out that there is not a minute possibility that they have?

I mean, if we as a human race, discovered life on another planet through some means and it were attainable to be able to reach it, would we not try and go over there to see for our selves?
edit on 15-10-2010 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daluniverse

but how do you know without physical evidence
i mean millions of people believe that children are a carbon problem
yet we know they are not
people also believe the earth is getting hotter
yet we know its the sun

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Nope. I don't need anymore of these things. I've seen two sightings that nobody could debunk. Nor could I prove the other side. It doesn't matter to me. Perhaps it matters to other people, though. I'm just happy to leave it at this. Those that want to believe will believe. Those that don't, won't. Nothing I can produce will change anyone's mind.

I could go on, but then that would just distract from the OP.

Have fun folks!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I am open to the idea of alien visitation in the past. Though I honestly have yet to see evidence of it which compels me to accept it as probable.

For example... To me it's more likely that a highly advanced terrestrial civilization might have collapsed at the brink of what we call "pre history" and that this society could be just as likely a source for the strange things found in and the similarities between many ancient civilizations.

But I am intellectually open to all possibilities - even those that haven't been thought of or considered yet!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Definitely a fair answer, the fact that you are open to it is cool, that's how other people should be.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

No we do not need anymore UFO sightings what we need is a bunch of IFO's landing at the Whitehouse
An IFO would be an Alien Spacecraft

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rawkus
people also believe the earth is getting hotter
yet we know its the sun

How does the Sun get hotter without cooking Earth?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Agree also I believe there is plenty of evidence todate, all the s'n-word'ing and smurking from the media which is declining at last is mainly over looked by our new generation these days.

A full blown open disclosure will not happen just a very long winded drawn out one so the minority of box heads dont run around #ing themselves and hide in churchs.

I think most are just siting back like myself watching things slowy fall neatly into place.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

i was stating earth is not the reason that its getting hotter as so many people believe but rather the sun is warming up, causing all the planets in the solar system to heat up

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rawkus
Personally, I will not believe in other life until there is actual hard evidence. Yeah there's ancient carvings of figures with bubbles on their heads but don't throw out the idea either, that maybe they were just being creative. Like when we were younger, drawing aliens and monsters, maybe their's were men with bubbles on their heads. But like I said until I have cold-blooded, verified, hard evidence, I will not believe them.

So all the many retired Military personnel jumping up and down over ufo's shuting down nukes and buzzing bases all over our planet for the last 50yrs will not hold water for you?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
i havent acualy seen them (but it would be good) but if we can live on this planet in this little solarsystem then there must be something els out there in that masive universe, think about it

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
also about the earth heating up, over the life of the earth it has had clymate change many times

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
To answer your title – Yes I do.
Sure in the old days we didn’t have much in the way of cameras but today there should be no excuse. If there is supposed to be so many why haven’t we had a decent photo a photo that makes the world simply agree.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is what I'm getting at.

There are such heated debates over UFO sighting on ATS. "It's real" "it's fake" bla bla bla

And I always think to myself, why argue, there's a TON of evidence from before you were even born! It's just kind of silly when you step back and think about it.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This is not a choice for me having been fortunate to have seen their UFO`s 3 times in my life so far. Two times near me and one very far off. So I know as others that have seen them but to actually have proof for the people that haven`t good luck. But them denying the possibility makes me laugh real good.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
But them denying the possibility makes me laugh real good.

+1 Exactly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join