It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much are onto 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
My question is related to a post another fellow ATSer made in this post www.abovetopsecret.com...
I would like to know how much people are concerned with this date and what you are planning for it (not in detail if you mind)?
Really i came to the conclusion, as many others, that there is something up to this date.
But even if nothing outworldly happens, what about all the people that believe this date comes true and prepare for leaving society or giving up their jobs and so on...

In the thread above mentioned i was wondering about the effects of the oct.13th prediction and if it is related to, that many heard about it and wached the sky for any strage things... the efforst where noticable even on ats.

Now what is about 2012?
How many really want to make a change in their lifes or do something else than normal?
What if THAT IS the trigger for this event?

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

But even if nothing outworldly happens, what about all the people that believe this date comes true and prepare for leaving society or giving up their jobs and so on...

What about 'em..? Society, in general, will be better off...and it should have a good effect on the unemployment rate, as well as a thorough DNA cleansing of the planets inhabitants.

We can just pass out the Darwin Awards posthumously...as usual.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I won't give up my job but I will be excited if something actually happens.
2nd line

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
there are always dates and times where things are meant to happen and they never do. surely this would say to people that its again another date, which will mean nothing. i know this 2012 date has a bit of weight behind it because of the mayans, but all it meant was an end of an age. not another planet thats going to ccollide with the earth or whatever. the only people who benefit out of these dates are people who are selling their survival guides. i would hate to think that people have quit there jobs or quit there education thinking its all real. they are going to have a nasty hangover when they wake up and life carried on. this will be the only mass thing that happens on that date, a load of people who realised they wasted 5 years of their life!!!

you ask what IF something happens? i just very much doubt anything will. we are too much owned by the capitalistic world in which we live for anything that "may" happen to have any effect on us at all.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by originunknown

i understand what you want to say.
But actually i wanted to know what you do think how much people think that something will happen?
I would like to know what you think how much people in the world are buying the propaganda and if it would be enough to trigger some effects on economy or at least the society that would trigger some chaotics in them...
That is more what i want to know...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
There are very few people that are falling of the hoax called 2012. It may seem like a lot, but that is due to what is known as sampling bias. The people that know about 2012 tend to congregate with other people. That's like skateboarders thinking that everyone is interesting in skateboarding. You can substitute sports fans, book readers, yoga practitioners, smokers, dancers, etc. for skateboard in the previous sentence.

The general public knows little about this and they care very little. Maybe there is a momentary interest while watching some two bit fake documentary on the television. Then it's back to some other show and the 2012 hoax is forgotten.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Im not planning for anything. Death comes to us all. Just depends on where and when. If Ones time comes, and It is my time to meet the creator or move on. Then so be it. Who am I to argue with evolution.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'll be doing the same thing I did the previous week as the 2012 date predicted is a miscalculation.
Whatever event that is expected to happen the Mayans calculated to take place in the last quarter of the 2011 year. So we have about a year from now.

I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket for anything physical to change. I'm leaning more towards the spiritual aspect. However, I'll be prepared either way because what if I quit a career I love, charge up my credit cards and make large purchases to 'live large' in my last physical days only to find the event was something that took place on a higher level of consciousness? Then I would have created a huge mess I'd need to get out of thereby creating a lot of unnecessary struggles.

But . . . to each his own.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If it comes, it comes. I will not have graduated high school so there is not much decision for me. I would rather live on and experience life but if it comes, it comes.

top topics

join