It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Incredible Scientific Wisdom Of The Ancients. How Did They Know?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Hinduism is the only religion in which the time scales correspond to those of modern scientific cosmology. The Hindu literature is work of a Genius.
Dr. Steinn Sigurdsson, Pennsylvania State University

It looks like that the writers of Vedas and Puranas came from the future to deliver knowledge. The works of the Ancient Arya Sages is mind blowing. There is no doubt that Puranas and Vedas are word of God.
Scott Sandford, Space Scientist, NASA

How could Hindus (Aryas) have possibly known all this 6,000 years ago, when scientists have only recently discovered this using advanced equipment which did not exist at that time? Such concepts were found only recently.
Dr. Kevin Hurley of the University of California at Berkeley

That’s right! How did they know what we are just beginning to discover and comprehend? Was there an advanced civilization which was destroyed thousands of years ago by a cataclysm of unimaginable proportions that wiped out all the knowledge and wisdom of that ancient world and its advanced scientific awareness?

Check out some of these interesting scientific concepts known to humankind thousands of years ago – all contained in the Hindu Vedas and Puranas, which revealed facts only recently discovered or proven by scientists. It is beyond reason that anyone even before ‘Adam and Eve walked on Earth’ have known these facts, discovered or proven only recently with advanced equipment and sophisticated scientific methods.

Sphericity of Earth

The existence of rather advanced concepts like the sphericity of the Earth and the cause of seasons is quite clear in Vedic literature. For example, the Aitareya Brahmana (3.44) declares:

"The Sun does never set nor rise. When people think the Sun is setting it is not so. For after having arrived at the end of the day it makes itself produce two opposite effects, making night to what is below and day to what is on the other side. Having reached the end of the night, it makes itself produce two opposite effects, making day to what is below and night to what is on the other side. In fact, the Sun never sets."

’Shape of Earth is like an Oblate Spheroid’.

Rig VedaXXX. IV. V

‘Earth is flattened at the poles’.
Markandeya Purana 54.12

Sixty-four centuries before Isaac Newton, the Hindu Rig-Veda asserted that gravitation held the universe together. The Sanskrit speaking Aryans subscribed to the idea of a spherical earth in an era when the Greeks believed in a flat one. The Indians of the fifth century A.D. calculated the age of the earth as 4.3 billion years; scientists in 19th century England were convinced it was 100 million years."

Polar Days and Nights

"For the period when the sun is north it is visible for six months at the North Pole and invisible at the south, and vice versa."
(Ibid Sutara)

Now lets see what Hindu scriptures say about the movement of earth:

Earth's rotation

"The Earth rotates in two ways by the Will of Brahma. First, it rotates on its axis and secondly it revolves around the Sun. Days and Nights are distinguished when it moves on its axis. Season change when it revolves around Sun". (Vishnu Puran)

The Universe

”There are suns in all directions, the night sky being full of them. And there are planets in all directions around them.
(Rig Veda)

And we’ve just started discovering planets in other ‘Solar systems’!!

"Then he began creation with plasma, which created smoke. From that smoke the entire universe came into existence. Then the universe began to expand by the Will of Brahma and it will go on to do the same in future. He then made 'Heavens and Earths' from the Golden part of the egg".
Brahama Puran

Now let’s see what Modern Science Says about this:

The science of modern cosmology, observational and theoretical, clearly indicates that, at one point in time, the whole universe was nothing but a cloud of ‘smoke’ (i.e. an opaque highly dense and hot gaseous composition).This is one of the undisputed principles of standard modern cosmology. Scientists now can observe new stars forming out of the remnants of that ‘smoke’.

“Before creation, it was only the Brahman that was everywhere. There was no day, night or sky. First I created the waters. And in the waters I sowed the seeds of Brahmanda. From this seed there developed an egg which began to float on the waters. This egg is known as Brahamand (Universe)”.

We have finally come to the conclusion that the Universe is shaped like an egg, but this information was already present in Hindu Literature thousands of years ago!
Alan Kogut, NASA

Light

"Seven horses draw the chariot of Surya (Sun)".
Rig Veda

Further, it states these seven horses are the seven colors compromising light.

What modern science says about this:

Sunlight is made up of all the colors of the rainbow: violet, indigo, red, orange, yellow, green, and blue. The gas molecules in the atmosphere interact with the sunlight before the light reaches our eyes.

Earth’s atmosphere and it’s protective Ozone Layer

“After the formation of the earth planet, Brahma created atmosphere in a group of seven, from that formation oceans began to exist, and the first forms of life appeared on the earth planet. Atmosphere was created as a protective skin of earth.The atmosphere surrounds the earth up to a height of 60 miles, and clouds, lightning and the like are all phenomena connected with it”.
Shrimad Bhagwatam

Let’s see what modern science says:

Ozone is a relatively unstable molecule found in Earth's atmosphere. Most ozone is concentrated below a 30-mile (48-km) height. Although it represents only a tiny fraction of the atmosphere, ozone is crucial for life on Earth. Ozone acts as a shield to protect Earth's surface from the sun's harmful ultraviolet radiation. Without this shield, we would be more susceptible to skin cancer, cataracts, and impaired immune systems.

Tides:

"In all the oceans the water remains at all times the same in quantity and never increases or diminishes; but like the water in a cauldron, which in consequence of its combination with heat, expands, so the waters of the ocean swell with the increase of the Moon. The waters, although really neither more nor less, dilate or contract as the Moon increases or wanes in the light and dark fortnights…..”
Vishnu Purana

The creation of the Moon

"In the initial stages of the creation of the Universe some creation material slipped from the hands of Brahma and collided with Earth resulting in the formation of the Moon.”
Brahmand Purana

The idea in a nutshell:

At the time Earth formed 4.5 billion years ago, other smaller planetary bodies were also growing. One of these hit earth late in Earth's growth process, blowing out rocky debris. A fraction of that debris went into orbit and formed the Moon.

And finally…..

“The Sun is the center of a small system which includes 9 planets including Earth. The Sun holds more than 98% mass of this small system in this giant universe which contains millions of suns".
Rig Veda

And we thought the ancients were dumb! Check out the Mahabharata, the great Indian epic that mentions nuclear and air warfare thousands of years ago. But that’s for another thread.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I know absolutely nothing about this subject, but I'm curious about where these translations came from.

I just find it hard to believe these translations could be accurate - if they are then it is truly mind blowing stuff. How could they possibly have measured these things is quite intriguing, if these translations are indeed correct.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
A popular answer you will get is the Ancient Astronaut theory. However, I respectfully disagree. I think people should give our species, and those related such as Neanderthal a little more credit.

I personally believe, we as genus homo, have undergone at least one technological rise and fall. Simple as that. No extraterrestrial help, just our ancestors discovering, learning, and creating with the same mental capacity as us. They some how lost it... nuclear war as described in the Mahabharata? Cosmic or Earthly catastrophe? I don't know.

We can all agree that ancient anomalies exist that rival the understanding of our modern age. Most of our "advanced" understanding happened within the last hundred years. Mainstream says we've been here for approximately 200k years. If we can accomplish so much in a hundred years and risk destroying our selves with weapons of mass destruction today, it's probable we've already played this game before. Last time we lost, do we have any Continues or Extra Lives if we fall again?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Spot on! Will history be repeated? I shudder at the prospect!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
another posable answer is the nephilem from the bible because they shared the secrets of the stars and such like with us lesser folk when they wernot ment to and set them selfs up as gods on the earth its all in the bible and the book of enoch

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I suppose a few things jump out at me ...

The description of night and day being above and below ... well it could be still witnessed from being on this planet and interpreting what you're looking at.

Furthermore, for each of these miraculous hits that the texts have how many complete and utter misses are in accompaniment? I imagine each case will require individual scrutiny to answer these questions. The Qu'ran has a list of these where what it states can be fitted to science, but it also has it's fair share of random. There is also the 'multiple end' conclusion issue.

With the wording, language and translations of some of this information it can be bent to fit more than one conclusion which is obviously problematic.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Wonderful thread. Thanks for taking the time to put this together. Somehow they did know all these things several thousand years ago yet we "moderns" think often of Indian culture as somehow being crude or primitive. Such arrogance!
Yoga is yet another gift from these people and their knowledge of physiology is amazing. I have known several practicioners of yoga who have all been very, very talented people. It seems like their yoga practice helps them to do things easily that others struggle greatly with.
Good stuff, There is so much more to learn on this subject.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
"The Sun does never set nor rise. When people think the Sun is setting it is not so. For after having arrived at the end of the day it makes itself produce two opposite effects, making night to what is below and day to what is on the other side. Having reached the end of the night, it makes itself produce two opposite effects, making day to what is below and night to what is on the other side. In fact, the Sun never sets."

’Shape of Earth is like an Oblate Spheroid’.

Rig VedaXXX. IV. V

Might I make a suggestion?

Before you copy and paste from another website, and pretend everything you've plagiarized is true, it might be a good idea to fact check.

There are only ten books in the Rig Veda.

Your claim above states that this quote comes from book 30.

This small fact renders it unneccessary for me to check any of your post any further.

So, the entire OP is completely false, until you provide some reason that it's not.

Harte

edit on 10/14/2010 by Harte because: typo

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I'm assuming you copy and pasted the texts you quote from this site:

Miracles of Veda and Purana

Unfortunately they don't state what translation of the Vedas this came from. Can you supply this information as asked for earlier?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
But why are we only discovering this now? Why couldn't the Hindus tell us this and then we try to prove it true or false. Also, since everything they said was true, what else do they know that we've yet to verify?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Might I make a suggestion?

Before you copy and paste from another website, and pretend everything you've plagiarized is true, it might be a good idea to fact check.

There are only ten books in the Rig Veda.

Your claim above states that this quote comes from book 30.

This small fact renders it unneccessary for me to check any of your post any further.

So, the entire OP is completely false, until you provide some reason that it's not.

Harte

edit on 10/14/2010 by Harte because: typo

I agree with you on the lack of a source link or quotes, etc. Been doing a little bit of research on this and found this much...

While Indian cosmology long maintained the belief in a disk-shaped earth, K. V. Sarma mentions in passing that the Rigveda contains speculations on the idea of a spherical self-supporting earth, but does not give more details nor references. [31] It is impossible to date when any particular piece of the Rigveda was composed. While the core of the text probably dates to around 1400 BC, many revisions and redactions are thought to have been incorporated around 600 BC. [32] Nothing was written down until the 3rd century BC at earliest, and possibly much later. See Dating and historical context of the Rigveda.

wapedia.mobi...

I have also found the 1896 translation of the Rigveda here www.hinduwebsite.com...
If the XXX is correct, then it might be referring to a Hymn number, rather than a book, although without a Book number it is hard to find the hymn.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Having read some of the Vedas, I agree with the rest -- you need to doublecheck those sources. That website is playing rather "free" with some of the information.

For example, NOWHERE in the Vedas (or anything else) does it say that the seven horses of the chariot of the sun represent the seven colors of the rainbow. Several of the colors that we identify (orange, for example) aren't significant to the Hindus in art or in religion: www.exoticindiaart.com...

...and so on. As others said, the references are pretty much made up and the translations are playing very loose with the real words.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Good subject! It is amazing that these ancestors of ours were able to describe things that only now are being verified through science...

I wonder if you have read or seen this article by the Daily Mail?

An Excerpt: In the Book of Genesis, God first and most famously creates heaven and earth, but 'without form', and commands: 'Let there be light.' A perfect description of the Big Bang, that founding moment of our universe some 13 billion years ago, an unimaginable explosion of pure energy and matter 'without form' out of nothing - the primordial Biblical 'void'.

Read more: this article
Weird, yeah?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

No sources and a lot of "quotations."

Copying and pasting your "quotes" into a search engine (google and searchalot), suggests you've made some of them up and copied others from backwater Hindu forums that also don't provide citations. Several "quotes" only appear to exist in this thread...word for word

I guess it's possible you've quoted these extraordinary passages from a book? Perhaps you could identify the book?

In the spirit of fairness and ATS T&Cs, it's too early to be thinking about the [HOAX] forum. Links? Sources?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
most unfair to the op seeing that at the very least 50% of what is written on ATS
comes from someone or somewhere else! (me included). The information is top
notch and thanks to the Op for posting it! Flag and star for you.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
most unfair to the op seeing that at the very least 50% of what is written on ATS
comes from someone or somewhere else! (me included). The information is top
notch and thanks to the Op for posting it! Flag and star for you.

Star and flag all you want, the "information" in the OP isn't even real, much less "top-notch."

"Top-notch" hokum, maybe.

Harte

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm sorry but the translations in the OP are completely erroneous. fail.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This completely supports my alien master race theory

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This is just another one of those threads that help the religion you are speaking of.

If we wanted to do the bible we would do the bible code, if we wanted to do the Qur'an we would do numerical code number 19 in the Qur'an, and so on and so forth.(Yes I am a muslim if you are wondering.)

I think I saw an old thread regarding the Qur'an one....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

MBF

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have a problem with this,

"The atmosphere surrounds the earth up to a height of 60 miles, and clouds, lightning and the like are all phenomena connected with it”.

Did the measurement of miles exist 6000 years ago? I think the Romans came up with that measurement.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join