It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Win a chance to Meet Obama, just pay $3 for the chance!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I received this in my email today...

Friend --

Two years ago, I met 10 of you.

Just before I accepted our party's nomination in front of 80,000 people in Denver, I spoke with 10 grassroots supporters who had won a trip to meet me backstage.

I still remember the time we spent together -- because these are the people, like you, who stood with me in 2008, and got me through the tough fights since.

But we face another test on November 2nd that will say a lot about our future -- and I need you by my side again.

A Supreme Court decision I strongly disagree with has shifted the balance of power in our elections from folks like you to giant corporations. Their massive spending on attack ads could have a real impact on who represents you at all levels of government. Only supporters like you -- and all the work you are doing -- are standing in their way.

This may be our toughest fight yet.

So next week, just 11 days before the elections, I want to meet three supporters like you backstage at a rally in Las Vegas -- one of the last big rallies of this campaign.

Please make a $3 donation now to be automatically entered to win a trip to be at my side at the rally in Vegas.

This movement has always been about more than me. It's about change, and the kind of future we envision for this country.

The folks I met backstage in Denver told me they wanted health reform, a clean-energy economy, and a resolution to the war in Iraq. They wanted a new kind of politics, and a new kind of leader.

It was their hope and expectation that together we would move beyond the status quo, that we would counter the special interests and corporate influence in Washington -- that we would do what was right and necessary for all Americans.

With your help, we have made historic progress, but there is much left to do -- and it will not happen without your involvement. I need strong allies in Congress who will stand with us in the tough fights ahead, and I need you to give it all you've got through November 2nd to make sure they can.

Your donation today will provide critical support to our Vote 2010 campaign as we reach out to millions of voters who will decide the closest races across the country.

It will determine if we pass this test, and win our toughest fight yet.

Please donate $3 or more to be automatically entered to win a trip to Las Vegas to meet me backstage:

my.democrats.org...

I hope to see you out there,

President Barack Obama

P.S. -- Making a donation automatically registers you for the sweepstakes. You may also enter the sweepstakes without making a contribution either online or via text message -- click here to enter online or here for instructions on how to enter via text message. No minimum contribution is necessary to be registered.

[size=-3]No purchase or contribution necessary to enter. Void where prohibited. You can enter the contest without making a contribution by clicking here. Only U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents over the age of 18 who are residents of the 50 states or D.C. are eligible to enter. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on 10/15/10. Three winners will receive one round-trip ticket within the continental U.S. to Las Vegas, NV; hotel accommodations for one; and a meeting with President Obama at a rally event on 10/22/10 (approximate combined retail value $1,200.00). Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Promotion is subject to Official Rules, available here, including restrictions on eligibility.

While I generally do support this president, this was rather needy and pathetic. I really don't see the good in trying to have a national lottery to meet our president. I found this rather tacky and ill thought out.

I do realize it does say that you don't have to pay anything to enter, it says so in the fine print, but it's a sad way to try and get campaign donations isn't it?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I've got mixed feelings about it. It is tacky- definitely. On the other hand...it's better than him taking money from said corporations. He's probably doing both, anyway

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Zoodie

Oh he definitely takes money from both the regular people and corporations. It's these small number donations that helped him raise the largest war chest in US history.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I think that is priced around $2.99 to much.

I would not like to meet him. I would have civil to say.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Now Americans have to pay the person they employed.

Imagine in any other industry where the employer can't visit his/her own employee.

Disgusting.

America is totalitarianism mixed with delusionalism (if that is even a word).

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Obama should be paying me to meet with him, someone has to pay my lost wages for the meeting cause I sure can not afford the time off!!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I blame Obama's healthcare for the 20 to 30 percent premium increase in my health insurance premiums this year and I'll blame him for the expected increases in the future. I'm not getting more service. If my taxes go up because congress failed to keep prior tax cuts, I'll blame those in office. Now those in office want $3 just to see them? I'd rather give money to their replacements. I'll admit Obama can give great speeches since he came to my small town twice and gave speeches less than 2 or 3 miles away from me, but I had no interest in visiting him. If I could give a speech making people believe in my potential so much that I'd win a Nobel prize, I'd do it.

Most of the health care cost increases won't hit everyone until 2012 or later I believe I read. The democrats didn't want the older baby boomers to be outraged with huge cost increases during this election since they go vote. Appointing a new Medicare czar to ration benefits shouldn't generate too many votes either. Even one of my sisters who was very pro Obama two years ago said she still likes the guy but doesn't like what he's been doing.

I once thought Obama was smart. Now it's easy to see he has no business sense and doesn't know how to get this economy running without borrowing and spending money like crazy and devaluing the dollar. That's basically robbing all Americans of their fixed income savings since the money is only worth a fraction of what it used to be. Asking for $3 to visit is more like an insult in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

It's much worse than that, it's a $3 donation for the guaranteed chance to meet the person we elected. I wonder how many people are going to enter this just for the chance to give away $3? I did have a laugh at the legal at the bottom of the contest, I found it ironic.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Ok does anyone remember when Obama slammed wall street for junkets in Las Vegas? Does anyone else feel it's ironic that they are willing to put up 10 people at a cost of $15,000 (of your tax payer money) just to shake hands with the POTUS?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I'll give him 10 dollars to get out of my face

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRed

I think that is priced around $2.99 to much.

I would not like to meet him. I would have civil to say.

I am sure I could stay civil but I am not sure I could bite my tongue and keep from asking things that would really get me into trouble.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Great.... Nice to see that American politics are now operating legally on exactly the same level as the McDonalds Monopoly game.

What's next? Michelle Obama Happy Meals?

~Heff

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

No doubt tacky, especially from a sitting president.. but its really not nearly as bad as corporate donation (which he's right, its influence is far to great)

At least he's not begging college students to vote democrat, then a few hours later promising to extend college tax cuts..... oh he did do that lol..

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
He probably came up with this idea while smoking his "hope bong".

What a cheeze-ball! I really and truely hope we only have two more years of this buffoon!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I personally think this is beyond tacky, this is complete and total bull [snip]. Cmon, a lottery to meet a person you voted for? Seriously, how many of these emails really went out? To the people that voted for and signed up for Democratic Emails.

To be honest, I tried to sign up for emails from the GOP but I think they still are stuck in the 1980's and don't understand the miracle of the information age.

If I were a lawyer, I would sue the white house for this stunt. It's elitist it's exclusionary, it's pathetic.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I actually don't think it's elitist at all, just because it was only $3 .. anyone could come up with $3 to see the President.

I think it's tacky to an extreme because it seems really, really, really desperate.. it literally sounds like the President is prostituting himself out to the masses because they need money to over come objection. Unbecoming if you ask me.. but at least he's not asking $200 per chance eh? And he's in the party, he's outright saying where the monies going, so whatever.. just lame lol. I've seen some pretty lame stunts by politicians just to get a buck though... it takes a .... specially type of person to run for office lol.

And you're not missing out on Republic e-mails.. during the last election I got a few Tea-party e-mailers and the gop and dnc as well.. gop and dnc were exactly the same, written by a robot, they mostly wasted character space not saying much at all.

The tea-party e-mails, before the gop took em over, were at least colorful and sometimes funny (the things people choose to rant about.. one thing the tea party never got, is what battles to pick, what to let go lol)

After the bail out I got a response to my angry letter (posted it on ATS I believe) from my GOP congresscritter .. it was so insulting and degrading I refuse to accept any communication from a politician, and I will certainly never donate to either of those parties. Scumbags. All of them.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Maybe he could set up a $3 peep show machine featuring Michelle in her vegetable garden wearing only Arugula to cover her bathing suit areas.

Obama is so cheep and showy he would probably do it. Ed Shultz would be saying, “I don’t see what the big deal is!?”

edit on 14-10-2010 by JonInMichigan because: added image

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yep...cheesy...unbecoming the of the office...I am sure some fundraising idiot pitched it, the POTUS was an idiot to sign off, what more is to be said? Someone should have mentioned something about the company you keep...

Win A Chance To Meet Sarah Palin in North Carolina!
Labels: GOP, North Carolina, Press Release, Sarah Palin
Governor Sarah Palin will be returning to North Carolina soon and you can win a chance to meet the future Vice President of the United States on her next visit! All it takes is making phone calls on behalf of McCain-Palin and the Republican ticket!

modularhome-nc.com...

Now if it was a chance to pass one law without debate...that would be a fun lottery!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Rockpuck

To be honest, I tried to sign up for emails from the GOP but I think they still are stuck in the 1980's and don't understand the miracle of the information age.

I signed up for McCain updates during the election and now get emails from not just McCain, but Bachmann, the RNC, Boehner etc.

I could post some pretty crazy, petty and dumb BS from both the DNC and GOP email campaigns. This "lottery" definetly makes the top five stupidest pitches from either.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
That piece of crap would have to pay ME to hang out. Elitist scum..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join