It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Grew up In Dulce, NM

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I wonder if maybe because you are indigenous that they have left you alone and that you are actually under some form of mind control to not see, hear or experience anything related to what lies beneath the area?

I have thought about this many times and am glad to have the chance to discuss it with a local. I do appreciate your take on the subject but don't you find it kind of suspicious that no one has had any kind of Et related experience?

I lived in Taos and had many experiences. by the way what is your take on Big foot and have you had any sightings of the being?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by Kojiro

Lots of explanations for flashes of light. Flares and night time aero photography for example. I've seen the night time flash for photography myself and it's quite amazing. I could see my own shadow. You would think a nuke went off.

Night time strobe photography dates back to WWII and none other than Mr. E of EG&G.
night time strobe photography

I can't say I've ever even considered that this is what I saw. Seems like a long shot that someone was doing night time photography with this out in the middle of new mexico in the late 80's, but then again, I don't think ALIENS! is a better explanation.

Thanks for the info Gariac. I do still question the things I've seen and heard while on the rez. There always seems to be a better explanation. This one helps.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
snapmouse, your stories are very interesting, it seems that you are determined (not necessecarily in a concious way), not to see anything you've encountered as unusual. Maybe it doesn't seem strange because it's what you've known all your life. Many contactees/abductees encounter strange lights at various times and only remember the significance of these events later, I wonder if you have considered this in your own case?

Please don't leave it too long to tell the 'unbelievable' UFO tale you've heard, even if it's anecdotal i'm sure many here including myself would love to hear it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
First i must state that I am a skeptic, my extent of exposure to this type of stuff has just been movies, tv , etc...

The reason i found this site was i was doing a simple google search on accidents or un explained events near the jicarillia reservation near the carson national forest. so begins my story.

While on a hunting trip late october of this year we spotted a helicopter that was just circling this area a couple of miles away from our camp (we were near bancos mesa), every so often it would branch out, in the evening it even flew over our camp with a spotlight on us. This went on for almost the entire time we were camped. Didn't think much about it.

A couple of days into our hunt we were further up near Carracas Mesa (aprox 10 miles from Mt. Archuleta) when we saw two black suburbans with dark tinted windows haulin a## up the road. Keep in mind this is back country roads!

When we got back to camp we all joked about how it was probably the president on a quality hunt on the reservation!!

I have grown up around this area...but to be honest I have never heard the story about Dulce and the underground base...

I have still not been able to find in my search as to what was going on while we were on our hunt but i am keeping an open mind.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Ah yes, I almost forgot about this story.
Told to me by one of my best friends dads. He was my boss one summer and I know him very well.

Well enough that he could be bull#ting me. Well enough that there's no reason to bull# me.
Goes like this.

He was driving back from a Northern Regional HS basketball games down around Santa Fe one night. It was late as he had some extra work/pr stuff to do while down there. The road is a 2 lane run from santa fe to chama to Dulce. He told me the spot and I knew it pretty well.

Google Maps Approx

This is on highway84 past abiquiu.

he said it like this, "the canyon that you head down into, the one by ghost ranch? I came down that and when I was just headed down the canyon was filled with a... well, a ship". Of course I said, 'yeah?' He said it was big enough to fill the whole damn canyon. It's a big valley as well. He tried to explain the size and magnitude of it. He said he freaked out and pulled off. Turned off his headlights. Now my friend's dad saying he was freaked out was odd anyway. Said he couldn't hear it. All could hear was a hum. deep hum. Then it floated up, and took off without a sound. He sat that there for a while. Didn't know if he should just turn around or head to Dulce.

Even after he told me I had a hard time wrapping my head around what he said. To this day I'm not sure. It's just another story from a resident/frequent traveler of those hills. This was a summer that I was working for him. There's no reason to make this # up. It's not like I was walking around with a notebook asking people to tell me their stories.
edit on 9-12-2010 by snapmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by snapmouse

The middle of nowhere is often ground zero in ecological studies and/or environmental studies. For instance, there are animal studies. Many animals are nocturnal, so they need to be observed/counted at night. These environmental studies are big business. Aerial photography is not outside their budget and you don't need a permit to set off the mother of all flashes. Remember, the bill is paid by the sucker developing the property, developing the oil field, etc.

If I didn't have witnesses to the flash, I doubt anyone would have believed me.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Nice post! Finally someone who actually lived in Dulce can share their opinion. Its true there is no tangible evidence to support that there is a base or that there is not a base.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kakerot7
Its true there is no tangible evidence to support that there is a base or that there is not a base.

To support the claim there is a secret base located at/in/under Dulce, one is required to provide evidence. No evidence is needed to prove one doesn't exist. There is a burden of proof on the former, but not the latter. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join