It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Modern Religious Oddity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I wanted to actually make a thread again, haven't really been in the business lately.

But I have been having some recurring thoughts that I thought I'd put down on the table... throw them to the dogs if you will... you know, let the other ATS bounty hunters into the race so I can play off of them.

Sometimes religion(and close relatives of religion) can affect society in such subtle ways, that to many people - including myself - they can go totally unnoticed, and therefore are not considered in "daily figurin' ".

Religion(particularly the abrahamic/mesopotamian) connects seemingly unconnected motives around the world and through time in a hidden network of unconscious(and conscious) motives all stemming from their shared histories and beliefs. I think it is obvious to most who make a habit of studying religion in a comparative manner, that significant knowledge can be gained by taking a step back from the blurred mainstream religious paradigm. That being said, sometimes the envelope is pushed a bit much - and there can be reaches in logic connecting things that really shouldn't be connected... But in order to discern what should be and shouldn't be connected we need public discourse.

This thread is highly speculative, so if you are offended instead of entertained... well I can't do anything about that.

I hope that I can paint this collage well enough for others.

With all that aside, lets have some fun!

Consider:

#1. Mormonism's threat to National Security:

A.

Mormon Prophecy Behind Glenn Beck's Message

B.

-Zion is also, according to Joseph Smith, America. Joseph Smith stated that “the whole of America is Zion itself from north to south”.
-Zion is a metaphor for a unified society of Latter Day Saints, metaphorically gathered as members of the Church of Christ; in this sense any Stake of the church may be referred to as a "stake of Zion"
wiki

Interesting claims... Agent Smith! There are a lot of Americans that would be surprised to find out they live in Zion... Were the Native Americans related to the Israelites in any way - I mean besides the supposed mitochondrial eve? - or rather is the mormon belief more vague and could perhaps the term Israelites just mean ancient man? I am curious what continental evolution would say about that issue if anyone is more knowledgeable on that subject. Here is a bit of information: The origins of the Israelites

I would also be interested to know what Tel-Aviv thinks about that claim...

But is there a deeper angle to this?

C.

Mormonism is known as a religion with a very 'spacey' idea of many worlds, and claim that their 'god' was one of many flesh and bones historical figures that came to or made this planet out of many in the universe - and were involved in humanity's coming about. Not such a crazy idea these days, but nonetheless reaks of the ancient alien framework of religion in general.

Enoch in mormonism is the same figure as Enoch from the Book of Enoch including the Book of the Watchers. Enoch was the grandfather, or great-grandfather of Noah(and supposedly the reason Noah was the hero, correct me if I'm wrong).

Elohim in Mormonism just happens to be the same term the Book of Enoch uses for these crazy guys:

This first section of the Book of Enoch describes the fall of the Watchers, the angels who fathered the Nephilim (cf. the bene Elohim, Genesis 6:1-2) and narrates the travels of Enoch in the heavens.

The first section of the book depicts the interaction of the fallen angels with mankind; Sêmîazâz compels the other 199 fallen angels to take human wives to "beget us children".

"And Semjâzâ, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.'. Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it."

The names of the leaders are given as "Samyaza (Shemyazaz), their leader, Araqiel, Râmêêl, Kokabiel, Tamiel, Ramiel, Dânêl, Chazaqiel, Baraqiel, Asael, Armaros, Batariel, Bezaliel, Ananiel, Zaqiel, Shamsiel, Satariel, Turiel, Yomiel, Sariel."

This results in the creation of the Nephilim (Genesis) or Anakim/Anak (Giants) as they are described in the book

Which you can see brings us right to the turd in the punchbowl - the Anunnaki and mesopotamian history.

D.

Compare these descriptions to the above descriptions of the Watchers and their tall children named Anakim/Anak:

The Anunnaki (also transcribed as: Anunna, Anunnaku, Ananaki and other variations) are a group of Sumerian, Akkadian and Babylonian deities. The name is variously written "da-nuna", "da-nuna-ke4-ne", or "da-nun-na", meaning something to the effect of 'those of royal blood'[1] or 'princely offspring'.[2] Their relation to the group of gods known as the Igigi is unclear - at times the names are used synonymously but in the Atra-Hasis flood myth they have to work for the Anunnaki, rebelling after 40 days and replaced by the creation of humans.[3]

The Anunnaki appear in the Babylonian creation myth, Enuma Elish. In the late version magnifying Marduk, after the creation of mankind, Marduk divides the Anunnaki and assigns them to their proper stations, three hundred in heaven, three hundred on the earth. In gratitude, the Anunnaki, the "Great Gods", built Esagila, the splendid: "They raised high the head of Esagila equaling Apsu. Having built a stage-tower as high as Apsu, they set up in it an abode for Marduk, Enlil, Ea." Then they built their own shrines.

Anunnaki Wiki

Also, I do believe there are some interesting parallels in that Enki and Enlil have some similarities to the parts in the video above about Jesus and Lucifer.
Enki and the Deluge

E.

Most mainstream religions have not canonized the Book of Enoch, but I find it amazing who has canonized it.

The Book of Enoch (also 1 Enoch[1]) is an ancient Jewish religious work, ascribed to Enoch, the great-grandfather of Noah. It is not currently regarded as part of the Canon of Scripture as used by Jews, apart from the Beta Israel canon; nor by any Christian group, apart from the Ethiopian Orthodox Church canon.

It is wholly extant only in the Ge'ez language, with Aramaic fragments from the Dead Sea Scrolls and a few Greek and Latin fragments. There is no consensus among scholars about the original language: some propose Aramaic, others Hebrew, while the probable thesis according to E. Isaac is that 1 Enoch, as Daniel, was composed partially in Aramaic and partially in Hebrew[3]:6. Ethiopian scholars generally hold that the Ethiopian Ge'ez is the language of the original from which the Greek and Aramaic copies were made, pointing out that it is the only language in which the complete text has yet been found.[4]

Book of Enoch

I find it amazing, because as many may know...[drumroll please]

That particular Ethiopian church claims to be in possession of The Ark of the Covenant.

The Ethiopian church claims that one of its churches, Our Lady Mary of Zion, is host to the original Ark of the Covenant that Moses carried with the Israelites during the Exodus. However, only one priest is allowed into the building where the Ark is located, ostensibly due to dangerous biblical warnings. As a result, international scholars doubt that the original Ark is truly there, although a case has been put forward by controversial popular writer Graham Hancock in his book The Sign and the Seal.Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Ark of the Covenant wiki

----

So, as you can plainly see
there is a massive Mormon conspiracy to plan a coup to take over the united States and make the E.T. presence known! This has most certainly been in the making since forever when those aliens were here... or maybe it is a recent conspiracy... like perhaps when we elected our first ever African American president?

Stay tuned for episode #2 - The N.O.I. UFO Connection where we delve into the competing faction behind the scenes that is at the same time trying to make their religion look like the savior of mankind - by beating the Mormons in the Disclosure process!

Please add your thoughts, criticisms, insights, corrections, additions, shortcomings, etc.! But most of all, have fun and smile.

See you, Space Cowboy

edit on 13-10-2010 by beebs because: Totally forgot to fill in criteria 'D' !

edit on 13-10-2010 by beebs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
My knowlege of this is very limited but i feel i must post a comment as you've went to such an effort. A lot of this is over my head. Mainly because i dont take much notice of religion in general. Not to metion the origin of faiths and the comparisons that can be drawn.

You've definately excited some interst in me though and i cant wait for part two. That mormon cartoon was crazy. Im not surprised it got banned lol.

Where would be a good palce to start looking in to this. Obviously the holy books first, but is there any particular religions that i should focus on. I cant wait to make a start.

Excellent thread SndF

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Hola KC!

There are many ways to start in the business of comparative religion... but basically it comes down to just familiarizing yourself with the basics of the big ones(like the 'abrahamic' or religions of the 'book').

I recommend starting off with something like the Enuma Elish, or the Epic of Gilgamesh, because they are some of the oldest, and the parallels to modern doctrines are compelling.
Enuma Elish
Epic of Gilgamesh

While Wikipedia is perhaps not the best source for studying ancient Sumerian... it is a starter. Also if you haven't yet, check out Undo's thread Stargates are Real for some classic ATS experience. There are many 'experts' and 'veterans' in the business here on ATS...

Also, I find that understanding the concepts of allegory and symbolism (many times astronomical) is key to finding those interesting pearls of wisdom through the comparative study of religions/philosophies.
Allegory

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by beebs

Cool!

Thats the next five years of my life sorted, but i think i'll make a cup of tea first

Joking aside great stuff and thaks for the advice.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

The translations are fairly light reading, to be honest.

By the way, I edited the OP as I forgot to fill in section D like I was planning.

---

Some more ideas...

I do think there may be an etymology case for the anakim/anak/enoch/anunnaki connection.

According to the Book of Numbers, during the conquest of Canaan by the Israelites, Anak (spelt as both ענק and as הענק depending upon the reference) was a well known figure, and a forefather of the Anakites (Heb. Anakim) who have been considered "strong and tall," they were also said to have been a mixed race of giant people, descendants of the Nephilim (Numbers 13:33). The use of the word "nephilim" in this verse describes a crossbreed of God's sons and the daughters of man, as cited in (Genesis 6:1-2) and (Genesis 6:4). The text states that Anak was a Rephaite (Deuteronomy 2:11) and a son of Arba (Joshua 15:13). Etymologically, Anak means [long] neck[1].Anak wiki

I will be looking into it more in the future, and encourage others who may know more precisely to chime in.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This great thread should also be filed under 'A' above, seems people have been picking up on this mormon conspiracy for several weeks now.
Trust Glenn Beck even though he believes all this!? Pawn of the LDS church? Fulfilling Prophecy?

Some good info detailing Glenn Beck and his LDS connection can be found there.

And a comment on that thread, which would fit in nicely in this thread:

Originally posted by BroketheWall
since they believe god is from a star do you think joseph smith was in contact with an alien race...or else where would he get info like that...i certainly believe that the egyptians knew about aliens...maybe they come along every now and then to stir stuff up on this boring planet

edit on 13-10-2010 by beebs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Beebs,

Thanks for this thread. I learned a lot from the "Banned Mormon Cartoon" video, and it's good to focus on influential Glenn Beck being a Mormon. I say this because of the little bit I have heard about the Mormon Church in the past - former Mormon Dr. A True Ott's horrible experience that he shared in a Greg Szymanski interview of him, and some other interview I heard of a person connected with the sound system for a Mormon gathering where he said that mind control technology through the sound system was used on the people gathered at the conference. I also recall another Szymanski interview of Ott where Ott said something about the Book of Mormon was actually discovered by a Catholic priest, I believe, that it really originated with Native Americans if I am recalling correctly. I'm hazy on this so I looked through my notes but I couldn't find the details or a link to post. I think Ott found this out in 1979, though, when he was on his LDS mission.

I haven't explored an alien connection with the Mormons. I have no ideas about that.

I read Stewart Swerdlow's Q & A on his website and here is a post from the archives about the Mormons:

Mormon Church
Posted: July, 16, 2002

I have read that the Mormon Church has been accused of keeping genetic records and in aiding the Illuminati in it's extermination program. I know that the Mormons keep genealogical records, but most records i've seen are lucky to have the persons full name, where they were born and where they died. How does this little of information help them? I have also read all kinds of stories about them making mind control slaves underneath the mormon temples. I find that kind of hard to believe. The church leaders certainly do not seem like they would ever do or let anything like this go on. My parents are mormon and I was brought up in Mormonism. Although, I have been inactive for over 20 years now, because I think the world is much more complex than what the Mormon church is letting on. Most of the Mormon leaders are very good men though. Or Maybe they are just good liars? Some of our politicians certainly know how to play the sincere act. Maybe some of the Mormons are good at it too. I know one thing, I don't take anything at face value anymore.

Stewart's Reply: I appreciate you writing in. What the Mormon leaders show in public and the documentation that they show the public, are not the same as what they give to the secret government. I know that Mormonism was set up originally as a mind-control methodology, as were all religions. The original practice of one husband and many wives was based on the programming techniques and set-up of one handler with many slaves. This was used in Monarch programming. The Temple in Salt Lake City sits on top of a large opening into the inner earth. Many ceremonies are performed there. I realize that this may not be acceptable to many people to believe, it still does not change the truth. Each person must accept or reject as they see fit.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Lets continue the story...

#2. Nation of Islam U.F.O. Connection

A.

Nation of Islam.

The Nation of Islam is a religious organization founded in Detroit, Michigan, by Wallace D. Fard Muhammad in July 1930. He set out with the goal of resurrecting the spiritual, mental, social, and economic condition of the African American men and women of America. The N.O.I. also promotes the belief that God will bring about a universal government of peace. Since 1978, Louis Farrakhan has been the leader of a reconstituted N.O.I., the original organization having been renamed and dissolved by Warith Deen Muhammad. The N.O.I.'s national center and headquarters are located in Chicago, Illinois, which is also home to its flagship Mosque No. 2, Mosque Maryam

B.

The founder of the Nation of Islam was Wallace Fard Muhammad

Wallace Fard Muhammad was a minister and founder of the Nation of Islam (NOI). He established the Nation of Islam's first mosque in Detroit, Michigan in 1930, and ministered his distinctive religion there for three years, before mysteriously disappearing in June 1934. His follower and succeeding leader, Elijah Muhammad, proclaimed him to have been Allah on earth.

Fard's real identity is not definitively known. Alternative names on record include Wallace/Wallie Dodd Ford, Wallace Dodd, Wallie Dodd Fard, W.D. Fard, David Ford-el, Wali Farad, Farrad Muhammad and F. Muhammad Ali. Within the NOI he is generally known as Master Fard Muhammad.

In June 1934 Fard left Detroit for Chicago and disappeared without a trace. When nothing further was heard from him, some rumored that he had been killed by police. Others asserted that he had returned to Mecca to prepare for his eventual return. The later official view of the NOI was that he was in Mecca. Critics speculated he had been killed by Elijah Muhammad. Today, The Nation of Islam teaches that he boarded the Mother Plane and is still alive.[5]

As for Ford, there is some evidence that he lived at least until the 1960s; his alleged lover stated that he had returned to New Zealand. The FBI maintained an open file on Fard Muhammad up until as late as 1960, according to documents published through the Freedom of Information Act.[5]

Most importantly:

U.F.O. Connection
Unlike, most in the modern world of religion, Fard was one of the few since the ancient Sumerians teachings about The Annunaki, to teach that God was manifested as a physical being with supreme technology and aviation that mastered the heavens. Referencing the Bible 2 kings 2:11 and in many other instances, where a flying craft or angels with wings are described, Fard convinced His followers that God has always had and used superior technological power and flying vehicles. Elijah reports in his books that, Fard claimed that there was hidden technology on earth, that secret scientist all around the world are aware of. He explained, according to Elijah Muhammad and many other early followers, that he had a huge "Mother Plane" or "Wheel" constructed and launched it into outer space, from the island of Nippon in 1929. Elijah Muhammad, as does the current NOI leader Louis Farrakhan, continued to preach that Fard's fleet of highly advanced crafts are seen and are described as UFOs by thousands around the world. He taught that the same Wheel or Mother ship is spoken of in the visions of the prophet Ezekiel in the "Book of Ezekiel", and that it would destroy the current world for its supposed evil[9].

We are starting to see the origins of the whole 'New Age' phenomenon becoming mainstream. Of course, this was all made possible after George Smith's translations in the late 1800's, and I believe Theosophy has had an enormous impact as well. Much of the wikipedia article about Fard's ideas directly parallels the Theosophic view of how races have evolved on earth, or describes it in a similar manner at least. Perhaps I will go deeper into the Theosophical roots of this all in Episode 3
, but for now we have more to explore...

C.

After Fard, NOI was lead by Elijah Muhammad.

Elijah Muhammad (born Elijah Robert Poole; October 7, 1897 — February 25, 1975) was an African American religious leader, and led the Nation of Islam from 1934 until his death in 1975. Muhammad was a mentor to Malcolm X, Louis Farrakhan, boxer Cassius Marcellus Clay, Jr., whom he renamed Muhammad Ali, and his son Warith Deen Mohammad.

He was replaced after his death by the modern leader, Louis Farrakhan wiki, who is quoted on wikipedia under the section The Mother Plane and Ezekiel's Wheel of the NOI article:

"The Honorable Elijah Muhammad told us of a giant Mother Plane that is made like the universe, spheres within spheres. White people call them unidentified flying objects (UFOs). Ezekiel, in the Old Testament, saw a wheel that looked like a cloud by day but a pillar of fire by night. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad said that that wheel was built on the island of Nippon, which is now called Japan, by some of the Original scientists. It took $15 billion in gold at that time to build it. It is made of the toughest steel. America does not yet know the composition of the steel used to make an instrument like it. It is a circular plane, and the Bible says that it never makes turns. Because of its circular nature it can stop and travel in all directions at speeds of thousands of miles per hour. He said there are 1,500 small wheels in this Mother Wheel, which is a half mile by a half mile [800 m by 800 m]. This Mother Wheel is like a small human-built planet. Each one of these small planes carry three bombs.

"The Honorable Elijah Muhammad said these planes were used to set up mountains on the earth. The Qur'an says it like this: We have raised mountains on the earth lest it convulse with you. How do you raise a mountain, and what is the purpose of a mountain? Have you ever tried to balance a tire? You use weights to keep the tire balanced. That's how the earth is balanced, with mountain ranges. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad said that we have a type of bomb that, when it strikes the earth a drill on it is timed to go into the earth and explode at the height that you wish the mountain to be. If you wish to take the mountain up a mile [1.6 km], you time the drill to go a mile in and then explode. The bombs these planes have are timed to go one mile down and bring up a mountain one mile high, but it will destroy everything within a 50-square-mile [130 km²] radius. The white man writes in his above top secret memos of the UFOs. He sees them around his military installations like they are spying.

"That Mother Wheel is a dreadful-looking thing. White folks are making movies now to make these planes look like fiction, but it is based on something real. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad said that Mother Plane is so powerful that with sound reverberating in the atmosphere, just with a sound, she can crumble buildings."
—Minister Louis Farrakhan, The Divine Destruction of America: Can She Avert It?[16]

Farrakhan has also been controversial because of his views on conspiracies, and particularly criticized as an 'antisemitic'. He has influence in the african american community, and has worked with the Black Panthers - the extent of which I am ignorant of...

Aside from the few points I make here, I recommend checking out the further connections and viewpoints expressed by Farrakhan on your own. I am no expert.

D.

The NOI is itself also a National Security concern to the Sovereignty of the united States. The Mormons are not the only modern religious institution which radically entitles themselves to acquire assets like land.

In an April 13, 1997 interview on NBC's Meet the Press, Louis Farrakhan was asked by Tim Russert to explain the Nation of Islam's view on separation:

Tim Russert: "Once a week, on the back page [of your newspaper] is The Muslim Program, 'What the Muslims Want' [written in 1965]. The first is in terms of territory, 'Since we cannot get along with them in peace and equality, we believe our contributions to this land and the suffering forced upon us by white America justifies our demand for complete separation in a state or territory of our own.' Is that your view in 1997, a separate state for Black Americans?"

Minister Louis Farrakhan: "First, the program starts with number one. That is number four. The first part of that program is that we want freedom, a full and complete freedom. The second is, we want justice. We want equal justice under the law, and we want justice applied equally to all, regardless of race or class or color. And the third is that we want equality. We want equal membership in society with the best in civilized society. If we can get that within the political, economic, social system of America, there's no need for point number four. But if we cannot get along in peace after giving America 400 years of our service and sweat and labor, then, of course, separation would be the solution to our race problem."[11]

E.

Exhibit E... I'm gonna creep around this one a bit, because I do not agree with many of the political extremists who demonize Obama... but many of their claims fit right into this episode - so I link to a couple stories and will let the reader make their own deductions and connections, if any.

Must Read!! Washington Post Blockbuster Confirms Worst Fears About Holder Justice Dept. Race Policy

Who are the Nation of Islam Leader Louis Farrakhan's Closest Friends?

EXCLUSIVE – Obama’s Nation of Islam Staffers, Edward Said & “Inflexible Jews” Causing Mid-East Conflict: An Obama Insider Reveals the Real Barack

Covering Obama, press encounters Nation of Islam

If a particular claim made in the second article is true, that Obama met with Farrakhan, then I suggest that perhaps the issue was not about black supremacy... but perhaps the U.F.O. phenomenon...

Also, in the third article, it is maintained that Obama has slightly anti-zionist viewpoints that he continually backpedals away from. I gotta say, in my opinion that gives Obama a little bit more credibility because most of the other politicians bow to the zionist agenda(many of whom are fundamentalists).

I do tend to agree with and understand some of the more basic claims of the NOI, but of course I cannot agree with extremism in any form and in any religion.

The united States of America must vigilantly keep a check on extremism in any form, most notably the extremism motivated by religions who demonstrate their mass psychology through domination.

Both the Mormon church and the Nation of Islam are modern examples(besides fundamentalist Christianity) of intolerant religion.

All of them succumb to intense group think, and should be considered as threats to secular and sovereign national security.

Of course, this should come as no surprise and has been the norm for several decades in the U.S. from the fundamentalist christian faction - which has given birth to the competing factions.

But anyways...

F.

... they are neither, Mr. President.

---

So I conclude this episode with the open question on whether high level Nation of Islam members, or high level Mormons, perhaps have an agenda to disclose the historical reality of the E.T. presence...

IMO, this would not have to be benevolently motivated for the human race, but indeed could be considered as a 'power move' by either faction. They may intend to look like the saviors of humankind, or the chosen ones with the truth...

Whether or not the people would follow them after disclosure is another question.

Will it be Glenn Beck and his white brotherhood?! Or is Obama perhaps involved with a NOI agenda to educate the world on the wisdom and history of the connection with Alien's, African Americans, and Anunnaki?!

Stay tuned for Episode #3 - Blavatsky and the Aryan's, where we go further back into history in search of the hidden influences which inspired the incredible agendas in the twentieth century previously discussed in the first two episodes.

Please add your thoughts, criticisms, insights, corrections, additions, shortcomings, etc.! But most of all, have fun and smile.

See you, Space Cowboy

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'll give this a sunday evening bump... because I forgot to post this video in episode #2. It is Farrakhan speaking about 9/11:

Lets hope he has spoken about this with Obama, or with a high up connection to Obama...

edit on 24-10-2010 by beebs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Another threat
:

"I disagree strongly with the concept of separation of church and state," said Buck at a forum for GOP Senate candidates last year. "It was not written into the Constitution. While we have a Constitution that is very strong in the sense that we are not gonna have a religion that's sanctioned by the government, it doesn't mean that we need to have a separation between government and religion. And so that, that concerns me a great deal."
huff post

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Sorry, just realized I never replied back to your post.

The Native American connection might be the reference to what the Mormon's believe, which is that NA were a tribe of Israelites... and therefore America is Zion.

And I am not very familiar with Dr. Ott, or Swerdlow.... so I will have to check into that a bit more sometime.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Great post beebs S&F I cant add any info I am just here to listen and learn . You have lots of stuff to go threw and add dots in my own path ..thanks peace

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
S & F. Great info.

It seems that the more we look, the more the connections between various religions / cults, and their ideologies. It should be surprising to find leaders of cults that spoke of extraterrestrials and UFO's so long ago, such as Smith, especially since the modern UFO obsession is relatively recent.

Of course, there are some cults that are literally "UFO cults", such as the Raelians, but of the older groups that display (and sometimes "hide") this element, there seems to be another common denominator: Islam.

While this may be "obvious" when speaking of the Nation of Islam, it's not so obvious when speaking of Mormonism, and yet, over a century ago, Mormonism was called things like the "Muhammedanism of the West". Certainly their controversial practice of polygamy could have been seen to be a sort of "connection" to Islam, but there were many other similarities too. Islam and Mormonism both have their "prophets". Both have a connection to Christianity, as both incorporate Christian elements into their systems.

We might almost venture to say that Islam was the first powerful "syncretist" movement in history, as it reached back not only to Judaism, but through Christianity, in order to assert it's claims on all humanity.

Interestingly, there are elements in the Koran that fit in nicely with today's New Age ufology, even if the more traditional elements still use old descriptive terms such as "jinn".

Small wonder then that there is today a modern religious group with an Islamic heritage that few have heard of, and yet is at the forefront of an ambitious integration of all of humanity.

The religion is called Baha'i, and is the only religion promoted by the United Nations. In their system of beliefs, even Mormonism is fully accounted for, as well as Judaism, Hinduism, Islam and Christianity. It is the most syncretistic concoction imaginable, and in other posts I have labeled it the coming Slave Religion of the NWO Plantation. Much more to this group, just about everything you learn about them seems to suggest that they have been tailor-made by our elite masters for a very dark future. And it has been in the works for centuries!

Oh yes, and extraterrestrials were spoken of by their leaders!

Today, the center of the Baha'i Faith is located on Mt. Carmel in Israel. Of course, no other world religion is allowed to have their "Vatican" within Israel, but the Baha'i will tell you they were there first anyway.

Oh, and Mt. Carmel is one of the world's major UFO centers, many UFO's have been reported above this location.

Definitely something "strange" going on with Disclosure, as it relates to these various religions, especially the Baha'i.

It looks like more info is still to come on this thread, I will be sure to come back and check for more good material. I personally believe that this is a very important topic. Great job OP.

JR

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Thanks much for the input... I will have to check into Baha'i. I have heard of it before, but not more than that.

It sounds a bit like Theosophy... except trying to control people.

Which is scary.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
thank you for this thread, it's not only informative but some of the things I have been trying to gather from studying various religions.

ive found most of these religions have some things in common in stories and angels/gods they mention.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

Thanks mate.

Comparative Religion is where its at. Although, some people I have discussed it with would prefer to call it something like 'historical study of religion' although I think 'comparative religion' suits the field better... but whatever.

I am not trying to find which one is right by comparing them, but to see how they are all interconnected and based around the same astronomical, psychological, and symbolic concepts and metaphors for interpreting reality.

It seems purely natural, then, that the New Age academics will inevitably extrapolate many myths and religious sects/dogmas into the E.T./Alien phenomena.

Whether the E.T./Alien phenomena - on Earth particularly - is true or not... well that is the central question for the 21st century.

I like to explore it in a serious and tangible way... and was quite disappointed by the new episode of Ancient Aliens, I think its called Gods and Aliens, because they clearly misrepresented Apollo's symbolic representation(among others) as that of a technologically equipped alien from the sky - instead of the Sun.

I do believe, that there are mythological and religious figures that can be linked to the E.T. phenomenon quite clearly, but Apollo is not the correct link. There are better and more precise figures they could have focused on, such as Hermes Trismegistus, Enoch, Anunnaki/Igigi, etc.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I have been busy and away for a while, but a new thread from Misoir deserves a shout out from here as it fits in perfectly...

The biggest religious movement you never heard of

Religious extremism in any form and from any source is detrimental to the survival of our species.

new topics

top topics

join