It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New issue of magazine offers jihadists terror tips

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

New issue of magazine offers jihadists terror tips

edition.cnn.com

The second edition of an online al Qaeda magazine has surfaced with frank essays, creatively designed imagery and ominous terror tips such as using a pickup truck as a weapon and shooting up a crowded restaurant in Washington.

The magazine is called "Inspire" and intelligence officials believe that an American citizen named Samir Khan, now living in Yemen, is the driving force behind the publication.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I didn't even know they had a first edition.

Although I don't believe that Al-Queda exists in any form other than ideology, it's very strange that these things keep surfacing, so close to elections and so close to potential conflicts with other ME countries such as Iran.

What are your thoughts ATS? A clever piece of propaganda, or something that we should truly be worried about?

~Keeper

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The CIA funded what would become Al Qaeda, named Al Qaeda, performs terrorist acts under the guise of Al Qaeda, publishes this "magazine" dedicated to Al Qaeda, and reports about it through their Mockingbird agents, CNN being one of the most used in their war of propaganda against the American people.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Who cares if they give tips.

Anyone just thinking about it for 5 minutes can come up with at least 2-3 scenarios that could kill a few dozens people...

Ridiculous propaganda again.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I bet its CIA formed adn operated. That is what I think.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yes it is suspicious that it claims to supply "terrorist pro-tips" whilst not giving anything outside of common sense or the basic knowledge required to construct the weapons or to conduct or plan an attack in the first place.

There is nothing particularly useful here. Then again, no-one ever said that terrorists were really intelligent individuals.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Who cares if they give tips.

Anyone just thinking about it for 5 minutes can come up with at least 2-3 scenarios that could kill a few dozens people...

Ridiculous propaganda again.

So far the saving grace of all the terror threats has been that the terrorists prefer large profile, high risk, low return targets that do little to damage the lifestyle of US citizens. These targets have been extremely predictable and difficult to attack.

However, if someone familiar with the day to day lifestyle of Americans was to instruct the terrorists on how to take low risk, maximum impact targets that would strike the heart of how we live (think DC Sniper) then terrorism in the US would become much scarier and it would be at the top of everyone's minds again.

I don't think anyone is afraid of going to work or flying in an airplane. But the DC sniper had people afraid to pump gas or send their kids to school. Big difference between the two. We definitely do not want someone from the US instructing terrorists on how to strike us where it hurts.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Ohhh! Maybe they'll post soldiers in the diners and 7-11s now. Hurray!

What a load of hooey.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The second edition of an online al Qaeda magazine has surfaced with frank essays, creatively designed imagery and ominous terror tips such as using a pickup truck as a weapon and shooting up a crowded restaurant in Washington.

A pickup truck or a gun.
Those are "ominous terror-tips"?

Pfft! That's just another month of casual lunacy in the States.
Our own citizens do such things on the regular, and sometimes even worse.

If these are the recommendations from the terror-pros they are woefully behind the times.
At this point, from shootings at beer distribution factories, to some nut running a truck through a grocery store, we're not going to be that awestruck by something so unfortunately common.

This magazine sounds like a big fail.

P.S. I think the guy that stole the tank and rolled through a neighborhood proved what would be the more destructive vehicle.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
With an article by "Samir Khan" (read American)

Please

put a little more effort into it, guys!

Obviously, the CIA/Mossad pay by the hour, and there are no 'Perfomance Bonuses'

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

I agree, but look at the Mubai attacks. Not exactly a master plan but it caused maximum carnage. It would be harder to carry out such an attack here in the U.K but in somewhere like a America where guns are freely available. You have to respect thats its a possibilty.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Oh boy, just the thing the extreme right would love to get their hands on. All they have to do is market it different, put a donkey on the cover, and the right wingers would buy it up by the truckload.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Then again, no-one ever said that terrorists were really intelligent individuals.
Ah but they did!
Apparently, some terrorists, after a short course learning to fly small aircraft, during which their performance was mediocre to poor, managed to translate this knowledge shortly after into the ability to fly airliners through some complex maneuvers into buildings.
Myself, I'd call that genius!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I wonder if the next edition will have a follow up article on how to kill Americans & get away with it. They could start with this tip:
Dont bother. Just give Americans plenty of caffeine, guns, ammo, reasons to fear & Fox News. Stand back & watch them kill each other.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
This reeks of a psy-op by the west. And a failed one at that.

Telling your troops how to turn the populace against them when they rely on them for just about all of their logistical/material support.... yeah sure.

As CitizenNum says, this is a shoddy piece of work; probably done by someone who wasn't motivated enough to produce good product.

Originally posted by whatukno
Oh boy, just the thing the extreme right would love to get their hands on. All they have to do is market it different, put a donkey on the cover, and the right wingers would buy it up by the truckload.

Political trolling much?

edit on 13-10-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Reminds me of the Jolly Roger's Cookbook for anarchists which is now cemented in "cyberlore".

Actually, if memory serves me correctly, a kid from the UK was detained and questioned after downloading an edition of that book. It was all about making improvised explosive devices from mom's kitchen and other assorted terrorist treats.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Keep your beard trimmed, nails clipped and your bills paid no need to blow yourself up with a bad reputation with the neighbors!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by erumisato
The CIA funded what would become Al Qaeda, named Al Qaeda, performs terrorist acts under the guise of Al Qaeda, publishes this "magazine" dedicated to Al Qaeda, and reports about it through their Mockingbird agents, CNN being one of the most used in their war of propaganda against the American people.

Oh yeah... of course they did. And your evidence for a statement like this is what? You really are desperate for a conspiracy aren't you.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

The anarchist cookbook is also a play on words, given that so many of the 'recipes' are very likely to kill the person.

E.g. The guide to making Naplam using boiling gasoline in a pot over an open flame. End result: Anarchist is Cooked. Get it? Anarchist CookBook?

edit on 13-10-2010 by Exuberant1 because: speeling misteak.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

True, but the parallels between the two made me smile.

It sounds like the kind of reading the Jihadists from Chris Morris's Four Lions would have used.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join