It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents seek justice for daughter crushed by Israeli bulldozer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The parents of a young American activist crushed to death by an Israeli bulldozer seven years ago as she tried to save a Palestinian home from demolition never saw the soldier who killed her or his commanders put on trial or punished.

Instead, they have spent years battling in Israeli courts for two modest goals they hope might give them some closure: an apology from the military and a chance to look their daughter's killer in the eye in court.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.rawstory.com...

Well, she can't really count on any help from the US government or MSM. The crazy thing is, you probably have a much better chance of being hurt or killed by the Israelis, than you do by the Palestinians and this is in spite of the fact that the Palestinians are the "terrorists" are and the Israrlis are the oppressed (alledgedly).

I though the Palestinians were supposed to be the terrorists and the Israelis our allies? Why is it then that the Israelis are always the ones terrorizing our citizens when they travel to that region? Wouldn't it be the other way around?

I hope this poor family gets to look their at their daughter's murderer in the eye, though I'm certainly not holding my breath. Sadly, our own government is far too spineless to do anything either, at least anything beneficial. This family is dealing with the most manipulative and dishonest country on the planet, sadly.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I remember watching footage of that. Hard to imagine that not one person has taken the blame. This is the policy of Israel. Israel should get some sort of religion so they stop killing innocent people. Wait, they are the only country on earth tied to a religion. It must be the religion.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Oh come on
What is this bull#?
Easier to get hurt by Israeli forces than Palestinian ones? Do you want to back this up somehow?

With all due respect the woman chose to kneel down in front of a heavily armored bulldozer, who could not see her, and ran her over.
Not the smartest thing to do.

But you'd rather believe the evil Israeli tried to run her over because all we ever want to do is to destroy houses..
Go into the link and look at the thing, keep in mind that this isn't the clearest glass ever either, it's very thick bullet proof glass, and it sometimes has cracks and dust and dirt on it, that you can't even clean because you're locked inside the thing..

I mean come on! Why is it always that Israel is guilty first, and only innocent when proven otherwise? This is your conclusion on anything, why?

Sadly your view of the world is so one sided that you can't tell what's real and what's bull#.
What's even more sad is that you're not alone, this has turned into some kind of political fashion.. You might know a thing or two, but most of the people who take part in this "struggle against fascist Israel" know absolutely nothing, and just copy their opinions from blogs.

Sadly these people don't really care that it might be their daughter's fault, and they're just looking for payback for an act of utter stupidity.
Sad, I know.
edit on 12-10-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

YEAH!

OK what ever. I saw it before it was removed.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Can someone explain how a post is off-topic, especially since I was talking about the topic?

Really....just because I find someone getting run over by a bulldozer amusing, I get an off-topic warning.

Back on TOPIC......

Don't stand in front of a bulldozer coming towards you, and your parents won't have to worry about seeking justice afterwards.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Bulldozer drivers should look where they are bulldozing. I am sure the driver knew he had a human shield in the area. Did he ever contact the girl's parents to apologize for not looking, no. He should. So yeah, the human shield thing only works about half the time. Imagine her determination to stop in the injustice done to her Palestinian friends. I wish I had that kind of determination. She gets the martyr status from me.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

They say she got caught in the rubble and fell, so I don't think she expected to be crushed under the bulldozer.. She's not a martyr, she just happened to got herself killed.
At any rate what she did was more than irresponsible, and to top it all off, the bulldozer wasn't even going for the building she was shielding.

As for your second point- Maybe he should have talked to the parents, maybe he should have apologized, maybe he couldn't bring himself to do it.. This would be hard on anyone to do.. Why are you judging him solely based on that?
And what if he wasn't looking at the exact spot where he could've seen her at the exact time she appeared? What if he couldn't see because there was dust all over the place? What then? THE WOMAN CLIMBED ON A DRIVING ARMORED BULLDOZER! How irresponsible is that?

Nothing funny about the event.. It's tragic.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
ISM – the organization which Rachel Corrie was part of - has close ties to Terrorists and terrorists actions. If what she wanted was to confront the IDF, than -sadly and with her great stupidity- she got what she wished for.

www.stoptheism.com...

archive.frontpagemag.com...

Peace activists my a@@.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

You make a good point. I remember her stumbling. I wonder where the video went? I still contend that you don't continue to drive a bulldozer when people around it may be crushed, even if they are crazy people. She was killed on purpose. Reminds me of when children swing thier fists around and say " If you walk into my fists it is your own fault".

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Oh whatever, ties with terrorists doesn't mean they were actually terrorists, if you so much as talk to a terrorist then you have "ties with a terrorist".
Irresponsible, yes.
Extreme, probably.
Violent, maybe.

But they weren't out to kill anybody...

I know you and I agree on many things- But saying everyone's a terrorist, just because the bull# "peace activist" card was played so much during the flotilla is really is starting to sound paranoid..

And it's not even relevant.. She wasn't threatening anyone, and she didn't get killed because she was doing anything suspicious.. The only person she was endangering is herself. Terrible and stupid, I agree, but hardly terrorism..

These people, while they might have been violent at times, didn't come here to kill anyone..
They just have a different opinion than me and you, that doesn't make them terrorists.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

What you're saying is that it was irresponsible to be working with those people running around.. That's true, usually there is a ground crew directing the bulldozer and making sure no one is getting hurt, but on that day they had a sniper shooting at them (obviously not at the protesters), so the ground troops had to stay in the APC..

But that's the procedure.. And I'm sure he was driving slow enough that nobody could've been hurt by it normally, I mean, the only reason she got hurt is she fell and got caught in the rubble..
Now, these things are loud and slow.. How can anyone miss them, or not be able to out run them?

In anyway, this still doesn't mean she was killed on purpose, what you're saying is they weren't careful enough..

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Did you even read the links I provided? Yeah, what ever Eliad.

Now can anyone honestly tell me the driver could see her, no matter what?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Allow me to introduce some Russian propaganda, at the risk of being blacklisted by McCarthy.

You will have to admit, it was very callous to drive right over the pretty girl. The driver would have never driven over an Isralie.

new topics

top topics

join