It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Medal Of Honor 2010 Game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I am really psyched over the release of the new Medal of honor 2010 game. I of course work for a living and will not be able to play the game until tonight. But since the release date seems to differ from place to place I was wondering if any of you fine people have played it.

It doesn’t really matter if you got it for PC, XBOX, PS3 just please comment the game play and how you like the game.

(this is going to be a long day of waiting)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I remember when this first game in the series came out (MOH Allied Assult). I remember being absolutely blown away by the graphics, the new way of how to control and interact in a virtual world...it was unlike anything before.

The story was amazing, I remember having highly stressful moments storming the beach at normandy...made you feel for the first time in a video game that it would actually totally suck to be in that situation in RL...very nice tribute to the people whom were actually in that situation.

ok, nostalga over. Didn't even know they were making another MOH...there are of course 4 billion other WW2 first person shooters now...but I would be interested to play this new title considering I personally don't believe any developer came close to the same amount of high impact environmental detail that MOH did (for its time...they just piggybacked on what they did initially)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

This medal of honor is a focus on the war in Afghanistan and also focused around special ops forces. I think it looks ok but I'm still playing bad company 2 which I would highly recommend.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by America?

Tried bad company 2, and I gotta say its ok. But I wasnt playing it much. Prefered Call of Duty 2 modern warfare. But still I gotta say that between the new COD black ops, and the medal of honor 2010, having real people behind the games creation, really showed how much emphasis they put on creating it.

And even more then that, you don't play against some quaki race that don't exist, this is an actual war between the US and the Taliban. You get THAT feeling of being in the action. You know things most likelly hapenned this way.

Well has anyone played it allready?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KpxMarMoTT

I prefer bad company 2 over call of duty modern warfare 2 because its more open, I like the sniping and after trying to go back COD just isn't my style, but thats just me. I watched some gameplay videos of the beta for medal of honor and it looks like it might play similar to COD except not as fast paced?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
i know most countries around the world have already got the game by now. it releases here in new zealand on the 15th. i hope to get me a copy when it comes out

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Well I tried it yesterday in solo and well it's pretty fun. I have not tried the multiplayer as of yet, but will be doing so tonight. If some of you have played army of two, there are certain things in there that ressemble it. Like getting one of the non playable characters giving you a piggy back over ledges and stuff.

Well the missions give you a feeling that you are truly on the battlefield. Kicking in doors and being stealthy to moving around in combat squads. I had fun. Will tell you more on my impressions once I have tried it online. I really hope that it delivers.

my two cents for now!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

As you stated the Solo campaign was enjoyable from what I played. I think that the hit boxes may be a little wonky though.

Multi-player......well that was just a big ol pile o crap to be honest. The game was REALLY laggy. You could barely even walk. The few times I actually engaged the enemy it took nearly a whole mag to bring them down.
Hopefully they will work out the lag issues, it could be that they were not prepared for the volume of people playing online. I doubt it because they can get a good feel of their player base by pre-orders.

You have people sniping into spawn points.
You are limited on weapon options in the Multiplayer. You have more weapons in the first 3 missions of the single player campaign than you have in all of the Multi-player experience
Grenades are useless.
Explosions are all but non-existent.
EA worked on the single player and DICE did the multi-player...seems they left their ingenuity at home. EA side is much better than the DICE multi-player debacle.

I understand it is a new release, but there are reasons that they have beta testing. Beta Testing should not occur during the release phase.

Time will tell.
edit on 13-10-2010 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?

I prefer bad company 2 over call of duty modern warfare 2 because its more open, I like the sniping and after trying to go back COD just isn't my style, but thats just me. I watched some gameplay videos of the beta for medal of honor and it looks like it might play similar to COD except not as fast paced?

agree with you there.....battlefield games have always had the best multiplayer maps out of any games out there and bad comp 2 multiplayer kicks ass...as for the new medal of honor....im pissed. i want my money back. the multiplayer is simply retarded. i thought mw2 multiplayer was bad but moh is really stupid. the maps are so small that everybody is crammed up on top of each other...there is no open space like the battlefield games...i just dont understand how they could make it so bad....why would they think that being in a very small space with 20 other people on top of each other would be any sort of fun....and these guys made battlefield bc2 thats what gets me.....why didnt they go for the huge open maps with tanks and helicopters....thats what makes bc2 so good.....i dunno...maybe i just havent played moh long enough.....the single player moh was kickin even tho i couldnt follow the story line at all...the graphics was really good....if they would have brought that over to multiplayer this game wouldnt be half bad.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Funkydung

NEW YORK — Electronic Arts Inc shares fell 6 percent in afternoon trading on the Nasdaq, as its flagship "Medal of Honor" game suffered weaker-than-expected reviews on its launch day.

Ouch

What makes or breaks these games is the longevity of online playability. Seems they screwed the pooch on this one. As I stated above I could not even play online last night. The lag was terrible.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I've found that is you don't like a game at first then there really isn't any getting used to it. I didn't like the campaign in Bad Company 2 at alll, but the multiplayer is the best I have played yet.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
OK... I played it again last night. I didn't have a lag issue. Even though the maps were really small and there is an over abundance of snipers I actually had a good time playing it. There are some things they need to tweak especially the dieing after you are well into cover. Blast radius for grenades and rpgs. I will hang in there and see how this all works out. I would definitely stick with doing objective based games.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
yeah ive been playing it a little more too....and im not as pissed as i was that first night i played it
still a little tho....the only major grip i have is the maps are too closed in....they need to be open....i mean let us fight on the hillsides let us run up the mountain and snipe....like in the single player campaign.....the game has really good graphics and i look around at all the places i CANT go when in multiplayer...the maps are jut too closed in....and theres no tanks or helicopters....imagine how good the game would be if we had plenty of room to fly a few helicopters around or drive a few tanks around or run and hide on top of a hill somewhere.....

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
just finished the SP this weekend. Danger Close did a great job. Dice on the otherhand, did not. not terrible, just not all that great and unpolished. i mean i can't even see who's talking in the game so i can mute the annoying ones. 15 levels per class? then what. well im keeping my limited edition for the battlefield 3 beta. ill likely play the crap outta this until black ops.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mvirata
just finished the SP this weekend. Danger Close did a great job. Dice on the otherhand, did not. not terrible, just not all that great and unpolished. i mean i can't even see who's talking in the game so i can mute the annoying ones. 15 levels per class? then what. well im keeping my limited edition for the battlefield 3 beta. ill likely play the crap outta this until black ops.

so whats the deal with battlefield 3 and how do we get the demo of it? i thought we was suppose to be able to download it along with exta maps...i put in the code that came with the game and downloaded the extra content but i didnt see battlefield 3 anywhere....

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

the battlefield 3 demo is in the limited edition version of medal of honor. you get that from pre-ordering. if your copy doesn't say limited edition on the front you wont get the beta. my guess is, it will be like the halo reach beta in halo odst. when the beta is available an you will see an option in the main menu to play it.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mvirata

Battlefield 3 is already coming out sometime soon?
THats pretty damn quick as far as i'm concerned. They are also coming out with an expansion for Bad Company 2 that is in vietnam.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

the battlefield 3 demo is in the limited edition version of medal of honor. you get that from pre-ordering. if your copy doesn't say limited edition on the front you wont get the beta. my guess is, it will be like the halo reach beta in halo odst. when the beta is available an you will see an option in the main menu to play it.

thanks yeah i do have the limited edition....any idea when the battlefield 3 beta is coming out?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Last i heard Battlfield Vietnam is a reskinning (which is not a bad thin). This is according to the latest Weekend Confirmed podcast. True to DICE, it will only have 4 maps and lots of weapons. Of course things could change. I'm a little pissed because I sold my Battlefield 2 copy for Medal Of Honor. No clue when Battlefield 3 comes out. It's not even listed in alot of game sites so it will probably be next fall. If we are lucky maybe get a summer release.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Last i heard Battlfield Vietnam is a reskinning (which is not a bad thin). This is according to the latest Weekend Confirmed podcast. True to DICE, it will only have 4 maps and lots of weapons. Of course things could change. I'm a little pissed because I sold my Battlefield 2 copy for Medal Of Honor. No clue when Battlefield 3 comes out. It's not even listed in alot of game sites so it will probably be next fall. If we are lucky maybe get a summer release.

did you ever play battlefield 2142? en.wikipedia.org... this is one of my favorite games of all time....i use to play this constantly....had the mechs in it..that was a hellofa game....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join