It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention-seeking author hurls his book at Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Attention-seeking author hurls his book at Obama

news.yahoo.com

Yes, the publishing industry is reeling these days, but surely authors surely can find less disruptive ways to promote their newly published works than hauling off and throwing a copy at the president of the United States.

But you know what they say: There's no such thing as bad publicity. Something like that thought probably crossed the mind of the unidentified man who hurled a paperback at President Obama at a rally at Philadelphia's Vernon Park over the weekend. Mark Knoller of CBS said that the Secret Service has interviewed the author, whom they described as an "overexuberant" Obam
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Wow.

I hate how loaded and bias stories can be. I thought that articles from supposed credible news sources were to be impartial?

This article is clearly putting this man in a bad light and Obama in the clear, not that I am defending this man's actions. He could protest in other ways than to resort to petty throwing projectiles at a man that could have you silenced forever.

Since when was it a good idea to attack the President? It doesn't matter how mad you are or how bad you think he is at his job. You don't do something like this. You wont leave the area without your own pair of shiny new bracelets.

And who knows, they might even brand you as a terrorist for the rest of your life. Just not worth it.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

"overexuberant" Obama supporter

Overexuberant? On what scale?
I thought about 90% of Obama supporters fall into that category.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Right?

2nd.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modern Americana

" I thought that articles from supposed credible news sources were to be impartial?"

Well you're first mistake was thinking "Yahoo news" was a "credible" news source....

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

I thought that was an ABC news article posted on Yahoo.

Could be mistaken.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I hope his next book is titled: "What it felt like to be waterboarded for 3 years."

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Something like that thought probably crossed the mind of the unidentified man who hurled a paperback at President Obama

This is just stupid...

Why would you use a paperback? What the hell is that going to do? Everyone knows you have to use a hardcover.

Idiot.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Which is more insulting, having a shoe hurled at you from afar, or having a book hurled at you from afar?

Just wandering because bush nearly choked on someones flying Bruno Magli a few years ago. I don't think it is fair Obama got off with only a soft cover book. He could have at least tried throwing something sharp or marginally pointed at the man. Jeez.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Which is more insulting, having a shoe hurled at you from afar, or having a book hurled at you from afar?

I applaud the shoe thrower more than the book thrower. Not because I despise Bush any more than I despise Obama - I don't - but because the book thrower was clearly just trying to promote his book. The shoe thrower was genuinely pissed off and chose a very insulting method in Islamic culture to show it.

top topics

join