It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gimme some answers!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I’m a white South African and I’ve noticed we’re getting ignored.

Crime is on a rampage round here and there are a lot of issues bothering South Africans. Maybe you’ve noticed the countless numbers of South African ex pats or maybe even a few threads that have been posted on ATS by South Africans.

Mean, there’s a lot going on round here. Some folks are living in fear of their lives and every time they switch on the news or talk to a friend that fear gets re-enforced.

You can’t tell me all these people who are asking for help or trying to bring these issues to light are disillusioned or has some hidden agenda that they deserve to be ignored.

Maybe we aren’t that important or maybe we’re missing some bigger picture. I just don’t get why we’re being swept aside or being labelled. These issues are real.

Maybe we’re looking for answers but just can’t find them or are too scared to because we’re afraid we might get abused for giving our opinion on things.

Maybe you’ve heard about the South African that wanted refugee status in Canada??

news.bbc.co.uk...

Why did Uhuru Guru get arrested(a blogger on Uhuru and the genocide of white south africans)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well thats just a few things. Pretty sure you'll find countless threads started by South Africans on ATS.

Just want to know why aren't we getting noticed? Why is this getting swept aside?
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well there you have it.Point proven!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Maybe people don't know what to say. Or maybe they're unaware of what's happening over there. I've read some of the threads started by South Africans- I know there's a ton of horrid crap going on there.

Maybe people think...well, everyone has problems and the only thing any one can do is stand for themselves- individually and en masse for their (collective) countries rather than complain or ask for help from any one else. By that I mean out with the old and in with the new (governments, bad policies, whatever it is and whatever it takes).

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoodie

Our hands are tied. There isn't much we can do except complain and hope we get noticed. I understand people don't know alot about what goes on in South Africa. Some how we never seem to make mainstream news. There's horrible things happening here but they just get swept aside. So this is us trying to let the world know whats happening.

what do you propose we do?? can't fight the goverment. we're out numbered.

So, this is our peacefull resistance.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Guess you could say it's a war to win over minds and hearts. That's the only way we can do it and avoid physical conflict at the same time.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well, It may be being swept aside but that's not for who or where you are- it's a failing on the part of what's attractive to cover at any given time, a failing of the dumbed down world (in general). Believe me- I'd be on my way with my army (fantastically speaking of course =)...but not until I'd taken care of the the home front.

It's terrible what is and has gone on there. I don't know if what you have now is any better than that crook Mobutu (was he a crook? from what I read about him he stole all the money SA had. I know our government helped to keep him in power though and that is shameful. In fact, it's terrible how much I don't know what's going on there currently. I think I'll go do some reading.
edit on 10-10-2010 by Zoodie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoodie

Yeh, do some reading on whats going on here.U don't have to go very far to find information.U can just search some of the threads here on ATS.

Thanks for noticing

You're right.It's probably whats currently attractive which gets notice more than others. But, we won't give up untill we're heard. This needs to get out there.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Here's some threads started by other South Africans you can check it out if you really want to.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Let me take a wild guess, and say that South Africans do NOT have a right to keep and bear arms (guns)?

If you were allowed to have guns, these thug criminals would quickly learn that crime doesn't pay, it hurts.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

No from what i understand we've been disarmed ever since the fall of apartheid.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
...after centuries of oppression, genocide and forced poverty, its going to take a long time to heal the scars and some may never heal...

...thats not a weakness of those who were scarred by apartheid... thats an indicator of how vicious the pro-apartheid people were...

...not all white south africans are running scared or having trouble finding jobs... find some of those folks to hang with... maybe they can teach you how to be part of the solution...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I say it's unfair and a heavy price to pay.

I wasn't born in the apartheid years. Why should I pay for something I wasn't a part of. I was born with no identity with no conditioning just like everyone else and than all of a sudden you get thrown into this voilent world. There's no excuse for murdering people. What's the point in trying to move forward if all you do is hang onto the past?

Anyway, I'm more then willing to have a change of mind. Maybe I'm wrong. But I've noticed there's alot of this going around. Just trying to find some answers, that's all.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

I hope you don't believe we're trying to ignore you because we are not. Either we have a lack of information on the subject or it just isn't being popularized by the MSM.

I have read about several Afrikaner places in the northwestern part of the country where there are entire cities for Afrikaners to hide away from the rest of SA. I understand you probably don't want to leave your homeland but are beginning to see it as the only option?

Well there are maybe some places within SA that are all Afrikaner so you can escape the current mass crime that is occuring there. Maybe try looking up these villages, because if all else fails at least you can relocate within your own country.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
I say it's unfair and a heavy price to pay.

...i understand - it is unfair but thats how life often is...

I wasn't born in the apartheid years. Why should I pay for something I wasn't a part of.

...apartheid ended (officially) in 1994 - so, you're 16 or younger?... that could be one of the reasons why you dont fully understand whats going on...

...just because apartheid was officially banned in 1994, it doesnt mean that it ended socially... it takes a long time for the once-empowered society to actually accept and abide by the official ruling...

...also, your media is just as bad as ours, in that it pushes fear... the push has escalated quite a bit since the white supremacist guy was murdered... maybe you should stop listening to the hype because it gets to the best of us after a while...

There's no excuse for murdering people.

...thats a hotly debated topic... a lot of people and governments disagree with you, when its them doing the murdering...

What's the point in trying to move forward if all you do is hang onto the past?

...we are our past... how do you escape part of what you are?... answer: you cant... you can runaway from it, deny it, but its still there...

Anyway, I'm more then willing to have a change of mind. Maybe I'm wrong. But I've noticed there's alot of this going around. Just trying to find some answers, that's all.

...good... i think empathy is the key and thats sometimes hard to find when you're scared... hang in there...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Welcome to the New World Odor.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Firstly I understand what's going on.But no matter what you say there is no way of justifying the killing of thousands of innocent people.

Than the ANC and their cause for 'equality' shouldn't be surprised when they meet some resistance.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Please point out to me where these Afrikaner cities are??There's nothing like it,not even a small town.If there was we would have known by now.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Orania, North Cape, South Africa

Orania is a South African town located along the Orange River in the arid Karoo region of its Northern Cape province. Orania is unique in that the entire population is made up of Afrikaners. The aim of the town is to create a stronghold for Afrikaans and the Afrikaner identity by keeping their language and culture alive. Anyone who defines themselves as an Afrikaner and identifies with Afrikaner ethnicity is welcome in Orania.

I read about it before when I was researching South Africa because I wanted to visit.
edit on 10/11/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well,it's the first time i've heard about it.Interesting,though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join