It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Massive Secret Operations That Are Hidden All Around You

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Lol the palm tree cell phone tower was amazing.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117

Wow, I never thought of it that way. Hmm, that brings up interesting thoughts:
*do you think that having cell phones in our pockets could be doing the same thing to us?

CELL PHONE RADIATION STUDIES

A comparison table for telephone effective radiation head exposure has been developed to provide reference values. [4] This value varies considerably for dozens of different cell phone models tested. DNA breakdown is among the most disturbing findings of studies done, which can lead to illness and tumors. There are now new links to brain cancer being uncovered as you read this. There is new concern over those that wear cell phones on their belts, because of the close proximity of the antenna to kidneys. The liver which can rebuild itself to some degree after being damaged, but your kidneys cannot.

modern day phones emitt microwave radiation radio frequency but also receive them,which it would not a be a wild speculation to think,these masks could easy transmit negitive frequency directed to a certain persons phone unbeknown to them,haveing a negitive effect on them,by mood or even causeing illness.
edit on 10-10-2010 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Good thread

There is a lot going on in the world while we`re all sitting in front of a screen

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This all may be old hat to some people, but most is new to me. So it was rather eye opening. And I do love that, because changing the way you think and see lets you see and think things that you otherwise wouldn't

Good post to the OP.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Oil rigs inside sound proofed silos!!!! That sort of tomfoolery makes me think what else am I missing in my day to day zombie shuffle.

I mean honestly we are so unconscious and tuned out most of the time, at least I know I am. Especially when I am driving a regular route. What else are we missing? Makes me worry. But I suppose the saying is dead on, "if you aren't worried you aren't paying attention."

There seems to be so many different levels of reality that we function in, truth just seems like a matter of perspective.
edit on 10-10-2010 by KaliPrime because: ...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I love to read about things like this, and most I didn't know about.

I did have an inkling about oil drilling in LA - from oddly enough - the old movie "Sunset Boulevard". In one part where Norma Desmond is talking about all her money she mentions something about having all kinds of real estate and oil rigs around LA.

Before I read this thread that is the only mention of oil drilling in LA that I'd ever heard

Regarding tunnels under cities - here in Chicago we have many of all types from all eras. And these tunnels were breached and flooded in 1992 - it was a disaster. Here's a link for more reading -
Chicago Flood

This brief article does not convey how bad this mess was! I remember seeing it on TV and I stayed home from school that day because I was so fascinated by what was happening. In fact, this event was one of the things that inspired me to study engineering!

There's all kinds of weird things here that most people don't know about. And - some touchy old things that - if something goes wrong - oy! it'll be a big mess! Lots of underground tunnels, the reversed river, all kinds of stuff going on underground - to me these are fascinating things and I'm always looking for a way 'in' - eg. someone who has access and can take me to such places. I've seen alot of things that most people will never see. When I was in school, in one class we got to go on a research vessel on Lake Michigan and do "core samples" of which - from the depths of the Lake bed, one can see the ash and debris from the Great Chicago Fire of the 1800s. (all this stuff was pushed into the Lake, and it's still under there.)

How exciting and interesting are these "hidden" things! I really like to read about such things as well as disasters - you know I was glued to the TV and net for 911, Katrina, Gulf Oil Spill - how interesting to see what is 'unseen', what is happening, and discussion of what to do.

In fact, I thought that with the Gulf Oil Spill - a good thing to look at would've been this 1992 flood of the underground Chicago tunnels - perhaps they could have gleaned some repair ideas from this.

There are many hidden and odd things here, and weird operations going on. It is a Mecca for architecture and engineering students. I love this place! So many strange things

Now another thing I have studied is this - the Oosterschelde Storm Surge Barrier in The Netherlands -
Oosterschelde

Why I bring this up is - this magnificent project included - to begin its construction - specially made machines to work the sea floor and lay down 'beds' on the sea floor. They were very expensive to make, multiple millions in cost. When the project was done - The Netherlands offered to sell this special custom built equipment to various countries, including the USA. No one wanted it and they wound up dismantling it all and selling it off as scrap metal.

This was in the 1980s. When the US had plenty of money to spend. But they turned it down.

Now, if they had bought these special machines they could have used them to fix the decrepit levies and various things in New Orleans. Which it was known even then that they were in bad shape.

They could have got these machines - hell they probably could have even *rented* them or 'gone in with' some other country to purchase them - and then fixed the NOLA levies and the disaster of Hurricane Katrina - might never have happened.

When I read about this, and these expensive custom sea floor machines being scrapped because no one wanted them - I was pretty much in tears. The US certainly could have got these and fixed up NOLA and it was the Reagan Years and we had plenty of money.......

What a waste. Jesus. It still upsets me to think of.

Sorry not really overly 'secret' things - but - some things that others may not know about. Not well known 'events' maybe.

I believe such things remind us that we must keep our eyes open and learn from others.

Going back now to star and flag this thread! Great topic!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yeah I saw this on Cracked several weeks ago. I thought it was pretty interesting.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
We have those hidden tree-communications-towers in the UK too, there's one about half a mile away from my house. I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it here

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a many others have mentioned, neither the 'disguised' cell phone towers, nor the oi rigs in LA are a secret.

not even close.

i give this three fails.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Darn it's like the ind waldo books except you cant find them!!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
a many others have mentioned, neither the 'disguised' cell phone towers, nor the oi rigs in LA are a secret.

not even close.

i give this three fails.

Hmmmm... maybe not to you. But it certainly was a suprise to me as well as a slew of other people on here. I guess you just get to be cooler than the rest of us and dish out fails! Of course discerning what is common knowledge and what is not might be a bit tricky given the breadth of geographically specific notions of "common knowledge" that might be at play here.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

if this thread don't intrest you,then why are you here making comment's...

why make a derogatory statement,trying to lower the thread,just move along to the next topic,and leave your negative comments to your self.

edit on 10-10-2010 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KaliPrime

Yes, I guess there must be some confusion to what constitutes 'secret'

And now here's the building in LA, busily drinking the milkshake right out from under thousands of unsuspecting Bel Aire residents as you read this.

But quotes like this only seem to show that the author and the OP who quoted him seem to think 'secret' means something they havent heard of. Especially since those 'unsuspecting bel aire residents' are WELL aware of these things.

But if you want to pretend that your ignorance means information is being 'secretly' kept from you, well....

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Secret was an exaggeration, but is easier to write and sounds better than “not widely known about or publicly acknowledged by the government”. More importantly, it captures people's interest and gets the punters clicking on it.

I don’t know what you were expecting, how often do you read about "secrets" on the internet?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Great info. Great pictures. Lived in L.A. for a long time and saw the rigs on Slauson and at the beach but never knew the rest of story. Wonder if the people in Bel Air know about this slant drilling. Seems kind of dangerous in such an earthquake prone area and Bel Air was hit hard in some specific and peculiar sections during the Northridge quake. Some homes just partially slid down the mountain.

Knew about the cell towers because a palm tree one went up just across the street while I was gone for several days. That was some months ago and now the 2 real palm trees next to it are wilted and actually leaning over like they're dying. They're old trees too - very tall, almost as tall (before drooping) as the tower. It's always good to be reminded of the dangers we take for granted.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

One of my favorite job perks was when I worked for Ultramar Inc, and oil refiner and retailer in Long Beach. We got a chance to boat out to one of those Long Beach islands. Amazing. A little island with dozens of oil wells drilled. The side facing shore had concrete walls/monoliths. They'd even decorate at Christmas.

www.cnsm.csulb.edu...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
ok, being a bit new at this, i did not know this info was posted before. i was pretty amazed with this post. i was curious that california would spend so much money to hide and house the oil rigs. there is significant cost benefit analysis with oil rigs. also, it would seem that these rigs are still working over so much time. it brought back arguments of abiotic theory. also, if california is doing this, i can imagine a whole lot of other cities doing this as well. i wonder if anyone knows...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mountainmeg
reply to post by weedwhacker

One of my favorite job perks was when I worked for Ultramar Inc, and oil refiner and retailer in Long Beach. We got a chance to boat out to one of those Long Beach islands. Amazing. A little island with dozens of oil wells drilled. The side facing shore had concrete walls/monoliths. They'd even decorate at Christmas.

www.cnsm.csulb.edu...

wow nice picture of yours. I would have tought its offshore race track lol.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

Those cell phone towers really aren't all that hidden... I've been spotting them all along.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

Thanks OP for the interesting post. Most of it new to me also. It makes me wonder what else is concealed in plain sight? I mean if they do this for rather mundane utilities (except the missile silos and bunkers) how much would they spend to "hide in plain sight" really sensitive stuff. Maybe we over-analyze things when the truth is staring at us in the face.

snapperski: your avatar made me lol, that chicken from hell is something. Many people think birds are direct descendants of dinosaurs if not in fact dinosaurs. If that chicken was the size of a bus, we'd be in trouble

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join