It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Upon a cursory search, I have only found 1 post on this place. I think it's time we have a discussion on China Lake, and some of what has supposedly been developed there.

First, some background. Wikipedia. The wiki article on this place is quite vague, but you can get some basic details out of it. Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake was founded in the Mojave in 1943. Since then, they've churned out (publicly) inventions such as the AIM-9 Sidewinder, the AGM-45 Shrike, and, oddly enough, the chemical glowstick.

Most of this stuff seems innocuous. But China Lake has a darker side. One disturbing publicly acknowledged project was a semi-autonomous patrol drone that ran on biomass. Yes, a flesh-eating robot, in essence. I've also run across reports from long-dead websites of such things as grenades that dissolve flesh, and exsanguinating bullets or darts. There are also unsubstantiated reports of low-grade seismic activity around the base. China Lake also has a disturbingly high suicide rate among personnel there.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Don't forget the pump action 40mm grenade launcher and the several other multi shot grenade launcher prototypes in the vietnam era... Oh and the original LARA aircraft which originally became the OV 10 bronco came from there as well as magazine fed aluminum recoilless rifles ... Several drone projects the new SPec ops chute was designed and tested at china lake... mk 48 7.62 lightened belt fed MG mk 46 5.56 mm variant ... Frag 12 was tested at china lake.

Err thats all I can think of just spitballing it but there's a bunch more.

Seal team six and DEVGRU work out of there the seal aircraft is being worked up there... as well as several other projects.... it's more or less a major R and D way point for Navy and Marines and stuff the army doesn't want you to see.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Oh and fun fact the company that made the recoilless also was a large supplier of the matting that sea bees make runways out of can't remember it's name and also the first beer cans!!!

A truly great company right there beer boom and landing pads outta the jungle.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
With the more than mysterious Death Valley as a neighbor. I've seen what I guess was the Aurora out
there.Spooky as hell at night. Me no like. HEAT, Quicksand, Scorpions, Snakes, Mirages, Scotty's Castle, UFOs
Tales of underground caverns with Giant Mummys and hordes of Gold. No place closer to hell in the
continental U.S. Did I mention the HEAT?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
and the giant mummy's right on man...

there are some rock formations purported to be fortifications of the giants and caves said to have giant swords and etc...

Oh and many more pueblo's than are acknowledged now but... I know nothing about that.

interesting area the american southwest. just like the parts of the grand canyon we're still not allowed to go to.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
China is gearing up for something and I know of it.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Setoman

Would you care to elaborate? That sort of post annoys me to no end. Cryptic references, no explanations to back any of it up.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
lol, What about NAWC China Lake
I use to be a Navy civilian security officer there. with a top secret clearance
They made nuclear weapons parts here.
And the pump "China Lake Model" 40mm Grenade launcher.
en.wikipedia.org...
they did a lot of strange weapons for the Seals
They also made a version in 37mm gas for police use.
they also invented the duckbill attachment for shotguns for the Seals
thefiringline.com...
The base police department still has both in there armory
They have built subs for the navy seals.
They also invented the light sticks everyone now uses.
books.google.com... ei=XYKyTN3jMMuFnAekrbGABg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CCoQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q&f=false

The only thing i ever saw that was strange was the circus tent i guarded for two week along with a Armed Marine and a contractor type armed with a shotgun.
This contractor we believe was with one of the three letter agencies(he would not tell us who he worked for). and was ex military.
We were told to stay away from the tent and if anyone tried to peek we were to shot them. That included us guards if one of us tried to peek..

but then you have the top secret MESA building that i worked on later as a electrician when they were building it.
it has a 200 foot by 100 foot wide by 90 foot tall room with two overhead 20 ton cranes.
The walls of this room are coated with a copper bases RF absorbing paint so that no signals get in or out of the building.

Its been called the china lake UFO hanger since then.

This building is also behind three security fences and you have to have a secret clearance to get through the first a top secret clearance to get through the second and after the building was finished i could not get through the third and i had a top secret clearance.

edit on 10-10-2010 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have heard a lot of cool and crazy things about that base from when I lived in Ridgecrest. The thing that really has me curious, is randomly late at night when I would be having a cigarette outside, I would hear a plane taking off and flying overhead, only being able to make out the lights. I'm talking 2 AM. I don't remember, but must have been moonless nights since I could never make out the shape of those planes even though they were so close. I have heard from base workers that I've met at the bars that those flights are probably testing top secret weapons they don't want us to see... but you never know and it could be experimental aircraft. I tried not to push any boundaries(personal and national security) by asking about anything that was going on there. That was pretty much the only thing I did ask though.

I have heard from a few different people living in Ridgecrest that they saw the SR-71 and Stealth Fighter's before they even knew what the heck they were flying around. The thing about that area.. people kind of expect to see weird things and don't really care. Much like the locals around Groom Lake, only with practically 0 publicity.

The thing that worry's me is that there is a high cancer and dementia rate out there. Makes you wonder what kind of crazy weapons they test/tested out there.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I was born and raised in Ridgecrest, my parents work out on the base, as does most of the town, while living there i have had only one UFO sighting. Since my dad used to work out on the airfield i generally knew what kind of aircraft that would come and go. With the UFO sighting i had, i knew it was not your average fighter jet. It was evening time, my mom and i had just returned from picking up some food when we noticed to the northwest a odd shape object slowly moving in an north-east direction. I went into the house get my dad and believe it or not at that moment as i was getting my dads attention he was watching "Close Encounters of the Third Kind." We ran back out the door and i showed him the Object in the sky, no noise, just silently floating in the sky, not changing path or anything, as if it was on pre-determined path. It had a distinct shape to it. The best way to describe it is to outline a stealth fighter (F-117) and remove the tails from it so that you have a diamond shaped silhouette with wings extending from the side-outward. From the wing tips it looked as if there were rods pointing upward like antennas of some sort. The object seem relatively small in comparison to the average fighter jet that would be flying at the same height. The floating object seemed so close to the ground that i had ran towards that i could have been directly under it and it would have been several hundered feet above me. It countinued its course east bound and slowly moving north towards a small mountiain, known by many who have lived there or live there currently as "B-mountain." The B is for the high school in Ridgecrest, Burroughs High School. The Object slowly became a black dot in the desert sunset and eventually lost sight of it. The event lasted only maybe 5-8 minutes before we lost track of it. I dont think it has anything to do with Exter-terrestials, but the fact that it didnt make any noise was very odd. The air-craft that come and go in the area can be heard for miles before you can spot them. Other than that i have seen very cool things while growing up their, but nothing that couldnt be explained other than that fateful evening. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sasmysquatch

So I am assuming you first spotted this flying above the dry lake then?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Shrewd22

No, first spotted in the direction of the airfield moving out towards the dry lake bed and over into the mountain range, although the object wasnt over the base until it crossed over China Lake Blvd and passed over the old base housing ( which hadnt been torn down at this time) but it appeared over residential area of Ridgecrest then slowly moving in a eastern direction towards the base property.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Very odd, but very cool. I have heard from a lot of people that have seen "weird" things.. but mostly just your typical lights/orbs stuff.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Shrewd22

I have heard the same stuff too, always wondered what goes on the base, China Lake is a large base in terms that it has a lot of land to test any new equipment, air-craft, and weapons. I have been told that the base property is roughly the size of Rhode Island, with that much space anything can be kept a secret.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Setoman

No, China Lake is not in China. Nice try.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Best line i have ever heard from newly stationed sailors who bring their boats "Where's the lake?" and i would tell them that they're a little late, its all dried up! I would have to explain to them the closest lake was

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

It's a NAVY base in the middle of the desert, with NO water beds on the 1.1 million acre property. That's a big hint to what happens there hah.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Im just reading all of this
Jumped onto Google Earth and searched the area, what's the go with the fighter jets to the NW with no runway ? 10km NW (follow NKnox Rd)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

You mean the boneyard? If not, they also have a few jets randomly scattered throughout the property rotting.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I was stationed at china lake when i was in the military with vx-9.

What is going on in hanger 5?

Rumors on base are about an underground facility. Not to mention the black squadrons that would fly in randomly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join