It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privacy fears as eight in 10 kids have photos online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Privacy fears as eight in 10 kids have photos online

Eight out of 10 children under the age of two have their pictures online via sites like Facebook, raising privacy and even paedophilia concerns, an Internet security company said on Friday.

A study by Melbourne-based AVG found an average of 81 percent of toddlers in 10 western countries have a digital presence; 92 percent in America, followed by 91 percent in New Zealand and 84 percent in Australia and Canada. A third of children have their photos online at just a few weeks of age, while a quarter appear on the Web before they are even born in the form of ante-natal scans, the company said.

"It's a sobering thought," said managing director Peter Cameron. "The vast majority of children today have online presence by the time they are two years old -- a presence that will be built on throughout their whole lives."

It is a sobering thought!

92% by age 2 in the US?????

I'll have to reconsider my own behavior in this regard.

Very disturbing when you really think about it.
edit on 9-10-2010 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
...a company whose income depends upon the fears of pc users is hardly a viable source...

...you cant stop tv stations from putting your face in front of all of their viewers if they're filming a location that you happen to be at - and - that could be a school function like a play or a sports event...

...besides, now that anyone with access to google earth can zoom in on your property and sneak a peek at you or your kids, whats the point of being concerned about putting your personal pics online?...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This is why I dont put images of my kids on the internet..
I know what kinda of place it is beyond the typical things you see..

There is alot of shady things beyond the internet in the dark caves that most of us wont go into..

That dateline thing they used to do wit tom hanson should have opened peoples eyes to how many people would stoop as low to have sex or try to have sex with a younger kid..

I try to keep images of my kids off the net and try to tell others to do the same, but some just think they know better than others so...

join