It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other countries are prosecuting their bankers, why not the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I've been saying for a while that I think the Bankers who caused the collapse of the world economy should have been thrown in prison for all of the misery they have caused throughout the world.

The US, instead of punishing those responsible for destroying the world economy has rewarded them with bailouts and protected them from public disclosure of their crimes. Meanwhile, across the pond, some sanity has prevailed.

Wall Street CEOs still not in jail

Faces of villains who had a hand in the cause of the financial collapse are appearing around the world. They’re being prosecuted in their country’s court systems and some are going to jail.

Propeller But one place this isn’t happening is the United States.

It’s an idea that has been brought up, however, several times, by US Lawmakers.

“There really is a crisis in this country and I don’t think it’s a populist statement,” said Sen. Ted Kaufman, (D-DE). “I just think there’s a crisis in terms of people thinking there are two different sets of rules.”

In France, Jerome Kerviel tried to play by his own rules when he took part in extremely risky betting on the markets, which left the French Bank Societe Generale in the midst of scandal.

The judge at Paris’s Palais de Justice said he broke rules, threatened the stability of his firm and of global financial order. He was given three years in prison, a sentence that drew gasps from those present in the courtroom, and also ordered to pay the equivalent of about $7 Billion.

RT

I can't understand why there hasn't been some type of international outrage over how the US has handled the economic collapse. It seems that here in the US, the people responsible for the economic collapse have been rewarded for their deceptions and failures.

IMO, the world community should be calling for the heads of the Wall Street bankers and the people of the US should be leading the call to have those who recklessly destroyed the economy put behind bars.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Of course the bankers haven't been prosecuted.

Remember the testimony of Alan Greenspan in front of Congress when asked about what would happen WHEN the derivatives market collapsed and the US Taxpayer would have to fund a multi billion bank bailout?

His response "We'd just tell them to keep it".

Didn't quite work out that way now, did it?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The ironic fact is that we are holding BP responsible for the GOM and will most likely prosecute (unless not charging them is the trade-off for not charging our bankers?). We apprehended, prosecuted AND executed Saddam Hussein. WHY aren't the people of the world coming after our bankers?!

S&F for excellent point!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Nivcharah

Not exactly. Did you see the news story that the WH covered up for BP? I'll try to find it.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

I honestly don't remember. I see so much at once that I become overwhelmed some times and forget until I see/read it again. Other times, I can't seem to forget the lies the MSM and our govt are shoveling down our throats.

I would love to see it if you find it.

new topics

top topics

join