It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Submit to Divide and Conquer Techniques

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Perhaps I am unlucky. I grew up small town conservative. I worked my butt off to pay my way through a liberal college education. I maintain strong relationships with both Rush/FOX loving conservatives and Maddow/MSNBC loving liberals. I see how conservatives can accurately label the media liberal and I see how liberals accurately label the media conservative. I see the positives and negatives of the Tea Party and of ACORN. I can see the positive influence of government and the negative.

But, beyond all the differences the left and right have, I have no doubt that both sides love our country and know that something is very wrong with it. It has been wrong from Reagan to Clinton to Bush to now. This isn't about politics. While we are fighting with each other, people who do not care about sides, moral or political, are doing whatever they want. While we are fighting each other on race or wealth or religion or atheism or stem cells or health care or taxes or Dances With The Stars, the thieves are looting our country for no higher purpose than wealth. I've known people from both sides who have sacrificed for this country. No side has a higher claim to patriotism. In the end, we are Americans, we speak out opinions strongly and freely even though others may kick our ass for it.

So, what I am looking for with this post, is a promise from the most hearty defenders of both liberal and conservative idealogies that they will consider the true American enemies while they debate. That we meet each other on the football field of debate, beat each other up during our debate games, learn something from each other, then shake hands after the game and eagerly await the next game/debate. Between games, we all work toward taking out the true enemies, domestic and foreign, who threaten the country all of us love, the country we are raising our children in. The same children who will also speak out opinions strongly and FREELY even though others may kick their ass for it, unless we allow our country to be lost.

I just want a pledge from AT folks that they agree. I want the AT Police to allow one line responses for this thread. I want AT Police to allow me to say a**
Maybe I am overstepping my bounds, but that is what I do. . .because I am an American!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zefiro

your askin a bit too much from the hardcore ideologs such as myself but you will get some success with the moderates and independents..........................

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thanks for that, but if I am asking too much from the far fringes of the left and right, then they are not Americans and they should leave my country for a land more consistent with their beliefs. . .although I am happy to talk about my OPINION on the football field of debate.

edit on 10/8/2010 by zefiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zefiro

no no man we are americans theres just not any common ground that can be met with a hard core leftist since

i lean right

i love my country make no mistake i was born here raised here and my family immigrated here hundreds of years ago......i am as much as an american as any one else is.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by zefiro

no no man we are americans theres just not any common ground that can be met with a hard core leftist since

i lean right

i love my country make no mistake i was born here raised here and my family immigrated here hundreds of years ago......i am as much as an american as any one else is.

Disagree strongly. I don't want you to leave our country, but I do want your help eliminating the enemy. Afterword, we can fight freely with all the energy we have.

I may not like the way you smell, but I'm willing to take a big sniff to save our country for my kids. Just take a minute to think about it, all I ask. . .

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zefiro

your free to disagree with me thats fine....

its not me who is destroying this country it is those ideals that are the very afront to what built this country...

theres no middle ground to go to they think they are right and they are not right.........

i was trying for your sake not to be partisan but i just cant do it.......

this country has become selfish that is why it is destroying itself if you want this country to go on and live and prosper its people need to become selfless........

and that means it is what exactly as kenndy said ask not what you country can do for you but what you can do for it.................

the best way to help this country is to be self responsible, self reliant and as independent as you possibly can..

it is not about having you hand out waiting til someone gives you everything your little heart desires life doesnt work that way it never has worked that way and it will never work that way...........

this is the hardcore belief that i have and noone NOONE can change my mind on....

i seek to empower the individual to have his own destiny in their own hands and thats contrary to what some in this country want so i will always be at "war" so to speak with them......

i get what you are trying to do here man it is a very noble cause and i applaud you for it.....but to be honest it will be fruitless.

no offense to you sir none whatsoever i respect what you are trying to do: p

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thank You for replying to this thread. In a weird way, you are supporting the point of the OP. Of all the things you list, I only, really, disagree with you on one point. . .yet I have a hard-to-resist urge to fight you on the one point rather than agree with you on the rest. Despite the holier-than-thou tone of the OP, I'm obviously just as susceptable to the divisiveness that we have been trained to extract from each other.

I guess my goal is to take people like us and try to focus on our agreements so we can fight together against a larger challenge. There will be plenty of time after we win to argue about personal and philisophical differences and our specific roles in the decline of our country. . .

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I respectively disagree with you, Zefiro, when you say that liberals/ democrats love our country. They, by their stated agenda, want to "transform" the US into something bearing no resemblance to the country we grew up in and has always been. That isn't love. It is a demand for dominance & tyranny. They hate America and want to destroy it so that they can "transform" it to suit their Marxist masters. That is clearly visible in the things they say, their manner of speech, and the things they are trying to force on their fellow citizens. They were wolves in sheep's clothing and now that they believe they are in a position of power, they are finally exposing who they really are. Fine, but it won't come easy or cheap. Arrogance fuels zeal.
There is a country for them (China) where they can be who they are without resistance, but they want those who don't agree to go. They want to force that on everyone else against our will. They want to be the Duma & KGB of Amerika. God Forbid! This is not negotiable.

Just look back 40 or so years. Find out WHO the players are and who they were then. Match them up in our government & on the world stage today. It'll knock the wind out of you, but will be worth it in the long run (if you are sincere).

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zefiro

the future belongs to those who are willing to change adapt and overcome their own bias qualities you have

that i do lack...............good day sir i wish you the best of luck with your endeavors.......

new topics

top topics

join