It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To tell or not to tell, that is the question

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Originally posted by MrBacon
This is a purely hypothetical question.

If anyone of us reading this thread had been given a message, how could we relay that message to the world? What would it take to convince people?

Here's the thing: Someone can only do their part in spreading the message (should they feel the need) by making use of all of the avenues of communication available to us as a whole. Once the message is out, it's up to the rest of the world to decide for themselves. Some will. Some won't. Nature of the beast...

Well put - Once something is understood then it is up to that one to choose how they use that understanding

edit on 7-10-2010 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Many wise words indeed, and I have no intention of detracting from them, but little practical advice.

If you’ve read the threads I’ve linked to above ( or just taken a cursory glance), what practical advice would you give to the poster or another possible “contactee” with a message? How would you word such a thread? What strategy would you employ to communicate with others?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ooops double post.
edit on 7-10-2010 by MrBacon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Many wise words indeed, and I have no intention of detracting from them, but little practical advice.

If you’ve read the threads I’ve linked to above ( or just taken a cursory glance), what practical advice would you give to the poster or another possible “contactee” with a message? How would you word such a thread? What strategy would you employ to communicate with others?

I would not advise but would support such a one as I too would wish to be supported by others having an open mind and considering what is said without a pre set mind or prjudices

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Your asking the wrong person how to present something without reaping ridicule. It comes with the turf.

Do not cast pearls to swine, they will trample them under foot then turn and rip your ass to pieces.

Some people would cut your throat for telling them their pants were on fire.

So? Do it anyway, be damned the consequences.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I think that’s a valid point. Of course it is not just ridicule or aggression to be fearful of, but also the danger of not conveying an important message in a suitable way and thus damaging its reception by the world.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

I think that’s a valid point. Of course it is not just ridicule or aggression to be fearful of, but also the danger of not conveying an important message in a suitable way and thus damaging its reception by the world.

The world huh?

Do you know what you would be up against? I do.

Here is my strategy for getting a message out that needs to be heard around the world. I'd pick a site that was obscure enough to not draw too much public attention, that had people open to the reception of the information, and that I knew was being monitored by certain governments. This one would do.

I'd present my info, and deal compassionately with the ridicule. Compassion would have to be involved because the ridicule would be enormous.

I would pray for success, God has ultimate authority over what is successful.

And be prepared for the consequences

How to frame it for a proper reception? well that depends on the info. U2U me if you want some private advice.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
My advice would be to wait until October 20th. The four points of proof are out there and now they need to come to pass. On or after that time I would embellish more. Unfortunately the burden of proof is in your court until then. That can possibly and somewhat reasonably explain most of the harsh reactions. Similar announcements happen frequently here at ATS and more than less they turn out to be bunk. I'm sorry for that, but I do wnnt to hear what is to be said on this subject.

I was fortunate enough to have things revealed at a young age and over my lifetime I have seen most of those things come to pass. There weren't many people to tell along the way but I told those who were close to me. I still discuss what I can remember to close friends even today.

Forturnately these days we have the internet and good sites like ATS to sound out to large groups of people.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I would question my "handler":

a) How do you know our future?
b) Why are you telling me in particular?
c) Why should I believe that your prediction is accurate, instead of being some kind of propaganda to move me to do something I wouldn't otherwise do?
d) what is your or your colleagues' role in this supposedly dire future?
e) Why are you telling a few humans in secret and not publicly?
f) if this is some 'natural disaster', what is the physics of the disaster?

I'd be both frightened and suspicious of the motives of somebody who gave me scare stories without explanation.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well ...tomorrow is the big day.
Everybody ready?

What was the original thread anyway? Sorry, I'm getting old.
edit on 19-10-2010 by csimon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join