It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Israel deliberately allow 241 American Marines to die ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
www.codoh.com...

"Yes, says Victor Ostrovsky, a former Israeli secret agent. In a new book, By Way of Deception: A Devastating Insider's Portrait of the Mossad, Mr. Ostrovsky says the Israelis had advance notice of the suicide attack that killed 241 Marines in Beirut in October 1983 but withheld the information from the United States in the hope that the attack would poison American Arab relations."

==

To boot, just a couple of days ago, Britain's MI5 stated that Israel engineered the hijacking that led to the raid on Entebbe!
edit on 7-10-2010 by leo123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
That might be true but the whole reason the truck carrying the explosives got as close as it did was because the guards were not allowed to have live ammunition in their rifles.
I doubt Hezbollah could have created such a huge conventional bomb which was reputed to have been the largest in history up to that date - 11/23/1983.
I want to know who made the bomb?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
does anybody else notice how close this story resembles 9/11? They would allow it to happen for the very same reasons as Beirut.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I want to know who made the bomb?

Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi - Lockerbee Bomber would be my guess. he was very active in the 80's.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Detour
does anybody else notice how close this story resembles 9/11? They would allow it to happen for the very same reasons as Beirut.

The big difference here is it was apparently the Israelis that allowed it to happen to the Americans.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Oh yes! Our beloved State Department. There were devices that transmitted radio signals over a wide range of frequencies. The intention was to detonate radio controlled bombs before they reached their targets. These devices were availible for use by the Marines in Beruit. The State Department squashed the idea on the grounds that some innocent Lebonese might get hurt.

The same people were responsible for my being issued a .45 pistol, with the clip welded into the butt, to stand guard duty on a bus transporting sailors from Fleet Landint to the NATO bases in Naples Italy in 1986. They didn't want to take a chance on one of us shooting an Italian. It was considered better for US personel to be killed than to take the chance of an accident.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: leo123
The embassy bombing took out CIA in the middle east arena, we were blind. We changed the ROE for Marines protecting the new embassy but no fire no loaded weapons remained in effect for airport. No protections allowed except flimsy wire and culvert barricade. No use of deadly force line, something in effect for every military base in the world.
American hawks wanted a large body count to draw us into war after longest peace time episode in US history. US military strength and budget was being cut deeply after Vietnam
Douglas Coulter 0351-52 USMC Jan 1977 to Nov 1983

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
Beirut was a massive ordinance dump during civil war, anyone could get explosives. Bomb was quite simple, high explosive wrapped around oxygen tanks. Official story says fuel tanks but fuel would have actually muffled the blast.
Oxygen is explosives steroid. Sugar, flour, corn starch, even iron dust becomes explosive with pure oxygen.
Heat+fuel+oxygen causes oxidization, rust is just a slow motion explosion.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: leo123
Did you see 60 minutes interview aired just before October 23rd? One Marine looks into the camera and says, "get us out of here we are sitting ducks!"

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499
Kent State taught us that lesson, I threw rocks at unarmed National Guard in Bazerkly 1969-70 riots....
I love the smell of tear gas in the morning

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
If anyone knows I guess it would be Ostrovsky.

top topics

join