It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is... There Life After Death ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Thanks for your replies artistpoet,

I enjoyed your tale of experiences, dreams etc..
At least your beliefs are based on first hand experience.
Too many people believe things just because they want to.
And I have never said that all beliefs are false.
I have a friend, who is proud to be a ‘free thinker’ with no belief system.
And yet conversely, he believes in reincarnation.

Regards Midicon.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

The link I sent youshould take you to a site - Look then at their online books and chapter 10 Dreams
Regards Michael

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I really don't have to explain anything.
You are missing the point.
It doesn't matter what spin you put on an NDE,
It is not proof of a soul.
There may be something else going on.
Something a lot simpler even.
It could even be something quite mundane,
That the supernatural believer wouldn't want to consider.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by midicon

Thanks for your replies artistpoet,

I enjoyed your tale of experiences, dreams etc..
At least your beliefs are based on first hand experience.
Too many people believe things just because they want to.
And I have never said that all beliefs are false.
I have a friend, who is proud to be a ‘free thinker’ with no belief system.
And yet conversely, he believes in reincarnation.

Regards Midicon.

I understand where you are coming from and thank you - I only ever believe what I know to be so for me through inner proof - But in saying that I often think "I know nothing" and question everything I think as true - it often gives me a new prerpective

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The truth is... Yeah there is life after death!

Millions of people die everyday and millions are born everyday!

But on a serious note! I doubt there is an "After Life" It just doesn't add up for me!

There are memories... But they will all fade sooner or later!

How can there be an afterlife when the earth & sun die out or explode... Just doesn't make sense!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by midicon

So you pick and choose facts you want to trash? is that it?

Well ok thats good. Some of us believe things we want, me.. I go on black and white... Show me what you see untill then I will believe the the 10% of the people who say similar things on these NDE's...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

reply to post by ThichHeaded

I really don't have to explain anything.
You are missing the point.
It doesn't matter what spin you put on an NDE,
It is not proof of a soul.
There may be something else going on.
Something a lot simpler even.
It could even be something quite mundane,
That the supernatural believer wouldn't want to consider.

Honestly there isn't anything supernatural about it, it is completely natural.

Once you understand it, it is very simple and somewhat mundane.

There simply is no reason to believe that consciousness is a product of the brain.

The brain simply synthesizes and ends a message, but something experiences and responds to this message.

The "soul" is one way to describe it but the non physical observing piece is the logical conclusion of comprehending basic physiological science and consciousness.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by insubordinate

But on a serious note! I doubt there is an "After Life" It just doesn't add up for me!

How can there be an afterlife when the earth & sun die out or explode... Just doesn't make sense!

When a star such as our Sun has reached a certain stage it goes Supernova creating Nebula that is seeded with
new stars - Some stars then go onto the next stage of that of a White Dwarf star - they are called dead stars though this is far from true as they exert such a powerful force over main sequence stars as to regulate their orbits and indeed can draw matter away from these main sequence stars - accumulating it and shedding it into space or toward other planets or stars. But the thing is - When we look into space we are mereley viewing the base of the Universe - One day Science may show this to be so and so higher dimensions will be actually proven.
Think of it like this - The Universe is made of matter in varying states- even so called energyis a state of matter in a highly refined way - This refinement or power is able to manipulate the denser more solid stuff
The soul is the most refined matter and can pass into the hidden dimensions with ease

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

I like your explanation, although it is nothing new.
Unfortunately the reverse is much more likely!
There is every reason to believe consciousness is a product of the brain.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

If you can prove to me what you said is true then I will eat my hair which acts as a hat!

There is nothing worse than an opinion backed up with an opinion!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Jezus

I like your explanation, although it is nothing new.
Unfortunately the reverse is much more likely!
There is every reason to believe consciousness is a product of the brain.

Prove me wrong
second line

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

If you can prove to me what you said is true then I will eat my hair which acts as a hat!

There is nothing worse than an opinion backed up with an opinion!

Apologies to Jezus for misplaced post
Prove me wrong there is nothing worse than statements made for the sake of undermining anothers truth

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Life come from the stars did it not?

Hitchhiked on comets & Asteroids? along with water to support it,

I don't believe there is an after life either, not in the way religious people perceive it anyway, but more of a energy/life force connected to everything,

Its not certain but... by the time our sun is going to swollow this planet and explodes that we will all die, just look how far our technology has come in 60years you add that time on id like to think we got of this rock and found new ones to inhabit, (thats if we don't kill our selfs by then) there are new solars systems out there developing all the time, maybe one day we will get to seed one of thos planets our selfs and creat new colonies, and also the fact life is sure to exist elsewhere,

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
My belief, either way you look at it; either from a religious stand-point or a "scientific" stand-point is... yes there is a continuation of some form.

The religious ones are obvious and you can choose to believe.

However, here is my explanation for the scientific possibility.

All matter (rocks, trees, human beings) Are made of the same things and are ultimately energy either sped up or slowed down.

The universe as we know it is infinite and so is "time" (time in terms of universal time)

If this is true then our existence not only happened, but HAD TO HAPPEN but more importantly HAS TO HAPPEN AGAIN.

The energy that created us will eventually have to reassemble itself again, and when it does we will do it all over again.

My two cents.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I suppose that we will never know for sure until the actual day we pass, but I have my own personal beliefs, as we all do. I find it hard to comprehend that when we die, we are gone. I believe that our bodies are simply vessels and our spirits are within. When we die our spirits are released. For me the bigger question is where we go? Heaven? Hell? Another dimention? It will all be speculation until the day i die.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I am not undermining anyone!

I was generally saying there is nothing worse than an opinion backed up by an opinion...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I am not undermining anyone!

I was generally saying there is nothing worse than an opinion backed up by an opinion...

Please accept my Apologies I mis understood you - maybe I am feeling defencive

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Part of my work over the past 10 or more years is with interceding between the dead and the living, providing counsel and clarity for both which begins the healing process for both.

Once the dead are aware of what has happened to them, have used me to pass on messages.. and I've had them touch their living relative/partner so that they know it is a real experience, I then take them into the Light.

It's very easy to do since I found that level of awareness in my experiements during the late 1970's, where the Akasha is found and where the dead go to what I call The Arrival Zone.

Okay sounding too weird yet?

At the arrival zone there is always something/someone waiting for the new arrival. When I deposit them in this area I stay to watch them Awaken from the Dream of Life in the World. They begin to light up from the inside, and as the glow increases all of the FACADES.. all the Beliefs, Faiths, Hopes and Human Concepts simply fall way until the "dead" is fully awake again and remembers being in that level of Awareness before it's Experience as a human being on Earth.

This is simply the most amazing thing one could experience. It puts everything on earth into a much clearer perspective and provides excellent insight into what we are doing here in the first place... which is Gaining Experience of the Universe.

Once a "dead" reaches the arrival zone and has woken up again, it chooses what it wants to do. Some stay and work with sectors of the incoming like abused children for instance or in the healing teams for Suiciders, etc. Some choose to experience more lives on Earth, some choose to experience lives on other worlds offering Experience and some simply choose to other things, like acting as a Guide to a living human, etc.

I hope this goes some way to answering your questions.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
I think this is a question we have all pondered on at some point in our life, i have read into NDE and some of the evidence is compelling IMO, i would like to know your takes on the whole topic/issue, your theorys or other evidence you have come across to support or debunk, please share

Are you a believer? or not? please explain...

I am like the Apostle Thomas: I need hard evidence to convince me ... but I think Krishnamurti would say: if you say "no, there is no after-life" than you have blocked yourself from further knowledge. Similarly, if you say: "yes, definitely, there is an after-life", you also have blocked yourself ... The real true attitude towards that question must then be: "I don't know! Let's find out! That way we all may learn something new or not ... as the case may be!"

edit on 07/10/2010 by WalterRatlos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Hi, and thanks for your account of your experiences.

I can really relate to what you wrote, as I have had many similar experiences myself.

So I'm not alone in my craziness

Now to go back to the original OP.....

I do have a problem with the term 'LIFE after death though', and it's because I see 'Life' as our experience when in the physical body, but after death I believe we are still sentient, but not 'Alive' in that sense of the word until we are reborn into a new body.

I do see that this could be a problem with terminology, but in order to be properly understood, I feel it's important.

It's for this reason I always find it difficult to answer these kind of threads, for fear of sounding like some kind of poncey linguistic fascist.

Oh well.
Such is life.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join