It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I'm Here at ATS and What Led Me Here.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Sounds like you have wonderful memories of your Father. Thanks so much for your post and encouragement.

I've stopped looking up at the stars these days, but I'm reaching an age where I realize that's exactly where I should be looking. I'll be glad when I can afford to stop working in these damn big cities and live under clear sky's around the people I grew up with. Where I can see the Milky Way again and wonder what is out there.

Keep looking up.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What led me here was doubt.

Doubt of everything.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'm not entertained. I'm interested.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

Thanks so much and I hope more people share. I'd love to see this thread grow with stories from others over time. I'd also love it to remain free of negativity and just provide fodder for peoples thoughts. I wonder how many come here and like me until now, never share.

I think many of us may not have proof, but the sheer number of us should mean a great deal. When it reaches the point that most anyone can relate a story of their own or from close friends or relatives, we have to create a place in our minds where we realize it can't be ignored.

I know also that I likely owe others here apologies if not for my posts, for sure about my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I know there are many stories here that are yet to be shared. I'm thrilled how this thread is turning out. I had visions of a flame war if you know what I mean.

I've been known to flame now and again, but when someone is sincere, and shares intimate details of their experiences, I, like many ATS members who take the time to read and absorb the material, are appreciative of other members who share their thoughts and experiences.

I am myself guilty of not responding as I should when others relate their stories and these positive responses have shown me my thoughts were faulty.

me too, and am often regretful, but I usually go back and fix it, or make it right with the member in the future

I'm the last living person who knows about my Parents story and I'm glad to have it out and posted. I'd hate to see others stories go to the grave with them. I wish I'd had the sense to question my Mother further, but I just accepted it and stored it away. I've only shared it once before and now to thousands here. Scary thought, eh.

I can certainly relate to how you feel.

Speaking of Marvin the Martian, I'm a fan and in fact my Wife just gave me a T-Shirt with him on the front. You got to love Marvin and his Instant Alien Army out of the Bubble Gum Machine. That and Duck Dodgers from Outer Space.

Duck Dodgers how could I forget Duck Dodgers of the 24th and One Half Century

Oh ... and Buck Rodgers, too:

The 70s were full of Space related "Science Fiction" stuff, that is for sure.

Thanks again Blaine, & Flame off,
John Paul
edit on 6-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Thanks
No reason for me to lie. I can only relate experiences as best as I can remember them. Most of it relies on my trusting my own Parents truthfulness and that of others. My sighting in my youth is permanently burned into my memory. I have no idea if that saucer was military or otherwise, but it fit so many other peoples descriptions from that time, I have to give their stories due consideration.

I've seen others also but I'm convinced those were military craft. Only that one fits into the UFO / possibly Alien category.

Thanks for your post.

Very interesting. I wonder if your sighting has anything to do with your parents being implanted with some small device, akin to our RFID tags, but a lot smaller. There have been reported cases of such things. So I'm left wondering if you saw this UFO because they were still monitoring your parents as experiments after all those years.

Cheers...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I've had one personal UFO experience, and heard about a couple more from trusted and close friends. These experiences are similar to what your mom described, being isolated on a lonely road and ending up with missing time. Whether this is abduction or not is, of course, speculation. My belief (for what it's worth) is that these were 3rd-kind contacts not retained by conscious memory, but imprinted on the subconscious as a means of shaping human perception of reality in preparation for a social development in the future that will be difficult for us to comprehend.

The way I see it, reports of contact with ET will never be believed by anyone other than the closest friends & family of the person who experienced it (at best); therefore, I appreciate your opening up and just laying it out there for people to ponder. The more we think about it--and I mean really THINK about it--our understanding will increase. I believe you, because I know too many trustworthy people who have described very similar experiences, including myself.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I'm not entertained. I'm interested.

I did misunderstand
My defense is I'm at work, trying to look like I'm working to my employees and I tend to read posts to fast.

For me this was a hard thing to post. Not because I don't want to look foolish, but somehow letting it out is a bit like breaking a vow of sorts with myself. I imagine my Mother looking down and saying you told the whole world what! My Father is definitely rolling over in his grave. I'm glad it is finding interest and honestly shocked at the tone of everyone's posts. Not in a bad way, but in a good way.

I'm very glad you took the time to read this post. You are one of the most sensible posters here and your interest is honestly appreciated. I should have read your post more carefully.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

The fifties and sixties were full of outer space and alien stuff as well. I love the classic black and white movies. Grew up watching them on Friday nights on "Nightmare Theater" and on Sunday afternoons when they always seemed to show them. The Twilight Zone, the Outer Limits and movies like the Day the Earth Stood Still, the War of the Worlds, Forbidden Planet and too many to remember or name.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

that's an interesting point. great story by the way op

2nd
edit on 6-10-2010 by thedeadlyrhythm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I have no reason to think they were abducted or to imagine anything like that to be honest. No mention was made of anything other than what I presented.

I do wonder if my sighting was related somehow, but I'll never know.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

If these are Alien in nature, it's hard to know what their motivation could be. Perhaps the gaps in memory are a protective device to insure we don't know until we are ready and then just maybe our Government is up to things beyond what we know. I'm even open to the idea of time travelers. If we consider time travel a possibility, we have to consider having visitors from our future a possibility I guess. Perhaps the missing memories are to protect against some unforeseen consequence of interfering with the past.

I don't think my Mother knew any more than she did or she would have told me at the time. My Father was such a hard core pragmatist that I can easily understand him never getting around to relating the story to me. Perhaps had he lived longer, he would have eventually gotten around to it. Had we not ran into that book in the file drawer that day and had it not been written, I may have never been told.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
One thing I will share that has always intrigued me is that I had an uncle (has since passed away) would relate to me stories about strange ancient symbols, diagrams of spaceships, and astronomy. Back in the 1960's he disappeared for several years. No one knew where he went. Later, we found out that he was roaming around California.
It turned out that he became a Rosacrucian during this lost time. So, my grandfather became gravely ill and the rest of my aunts and uncles were trying to get in contact with him to notify him that his father was dying. They put out newspaper and radio announcements (an APB pretty much). Finally, somewhere in Tijuana/Mexicali a newspaper car carrying a loud horn (which would blare out the day's headlining news) advertised the search for my Uncle. Well my Uncle was in the vicinity of such announcement and decided to go back home.
I think he made it back before my grandfather passed away. After that, he stayed at the family property for the rest of his life.
So during my visits to the old family property, he would describe to me strange symbols by drawing them in the ground. Also would describe about certain energies that exist within nature. For me, he most importantly described pictures of triangular ships that he had seen, and he would draw for me the constellations from where they came from. Then pointed to the sky to show me the location.
Before he passed away, he had given me a type of Victorian Era coat of arms. Bronze or Brass. I sent scanned color pictures of this to the College of Arms. They could not tell me to whom it belonged to, only that it was from the Victorian era, because it lacked the escutcheon during the reign of a female ruler.
Researching as to where he went during his lost years, we speculated that he ended up in San Jose, California and somehow got involved in the Rosacrucian society there.
But anyways, during that time I was too young to question him even further. I just sat and listened, and all these ideas seemed to just flow from his mind as he scribbled in the dirt with a wooden stick.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadlyrhythm

I'm glad to see the posts it's generating and I hope to see more stories related. Thanks for taking the time to read and consider my story.

I'm still up against a brick wall of my own unyielding pragmatic nature when it comes to implants and abductions, but I become more open to it as I read more an more accounts. One thing I've come to accept, in no small part due to ATS is that it is important to keep an open mind, but not so open my brains fall out. Sorry for the bad, often used pun. I remain open to the idea however.

I actually considered and anal probe comment for a moment, so I'm mentally washing out my mouth with soap.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Thanks for posting that awesome eyewitness account. Yes you do play the skeptic a lot
but since your a fellow rock hound seems we have more than one interest in common...

Though I do believe you are a little out there for leaving that Dino bone at the side of the road

Most people have maybe one siting or encounter in a lifetime... Seems you should be on my team

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I would have loved to sit an talk to someone like that myself. I'll bet he had some great stories to share.

I had a friend who told me he got involved with the Rosicrucians at one time. Somehow after that he ended up with a group he helped found that called themselves the Wizards and met on an island in the San Juan's every year. The way he relayed it, they sounded like the beer drinking and other substances were a big part of it. He mentioned the Rosicrucian Order scared him though. I think the Wizards was his way of purging his brain of something to do with them. I never asked but got that impression.

He also introduced me to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Now that he came to mind, I should look him up. He was the funniest man I ever met and the most open minded.

I need to read more about the Rosicrucian Order.

Thanks for your post.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi Zorgon,

Told you I was going to do this to force myself to get it done. A couple of days late however.

I still don't think those rocks on Mars are little men but hey, I can't believe in everything. I'll get around to the rock photo's this weekend.

You have my email in a U2U.

As to that bone, it would take some explaining, but it made sense to me at the time. If some lucky person stumbled over it later on, so much the better.

I should not drag my own thread off topic

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

+38° 58' 13.13", -110° 7' 33.19"

Utah's Green River Complex is called "The New Area 51"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems shut down now though

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I would have loved to sit an talk to someone like that myself. I'll bet he had some great stories to share.

I had a friend who told me he got involved with the Rosicrucians at one time. Somehow after that he ended up with a group he helped found that called themselves the Wizards and met on an island in the San Juan's every year. The way he relayed it, they sounded like the beer drinking and other substances were a big part of it. He mentioned the Rosicrucian Order scared him though. I think the Wizards was his way of purging his brain of something to do with them. I never asked but got that impression.

He also introduced me to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Now that he came to mind, I should look him up. He was the funniest man I ever met and the most open minded.

I need to read more about the Rosicrucian Order.

Thanks for your post.

That is interesting. I've yet to research the Rosicrucian Order myself, but it is on my extensive to do list. I have a cousin who also had quite interesting conversations with this particular Uncle of ours. I'm thinking I should give him a call and compare notes. As I recall, these diagrams of energy that he would draw in the dirt resembled the crop circles, only that they contained some strange "Klingon" writing.
That is the best I can describe it. I am now remembering that he would receive these Rosicrucian pamphlets that were supposedly from his teacher. I had the impression that it was almost like taking classes through correspondence. Unfortunately, after he passed away all of his possessions disappeared or were thrown away.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
An amazing series of events, truly gripping. I have to say I'm both entertained and interested. This rings true, but is clearly not proof. I don't know what to believe when it comes to UFOs, but this is another piece in the puzzle. I know it sounds almost lame to say anymore, but someone in my family has been to area 51. They worked on nuclear weapons, so they had some clearance, but they weren't allowed to even look around when they went there. This was before it became such a famous site, although I think it was still known by a few. Back around 25 years ago...
But my family history clearly pales in comparison to yours. Maybe they establish contact with certain families for a reason?
However I think that the UFO phenomenon may have been used/exaggerated to put people off the trail of mind control research involving hypnosis. Specifically look up the programs in the 50s by the CIA that were the forerunners to the infamous MK-Ultra. The similarity between the results of hypnotic mind control and abductee experiences strikes me as odd. Also the similarity between some reports of trauma based mind control and "experimentation".
In conclusion, S & F.

And your english was fine.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join