It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Conspiracy Files Videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have decided to share with you the BBC conspiracy files videos. Not many of you guys would have seen these videos I don't think, though you are probably be aware of the BBC.

BBC

About the BBC

BBC Homepage

The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) is the largest broadcaster in the world with about 23,000 staff. Its global headquarters are located in London and its main responsibility is to provide public service broadcasting in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Isle of Man. The BBC is an autonomous public service broadcaster that operates under a Royal Charter. Within the United Kingdom its work is funded principally by an annual television licence fee, which is charged to all United Kingdom households, companies and organisations using any type of equipment to record and/or receive live television broadcasts; the level of the fee is set annually by the British Government and agreed by Parliament.

Now the BBC can be seen as a big conspiracy in its own right. We are all aware that the majority of the worlds news is controlled by very few people, and the BBC is one of the biggest, and it operates under a Royal Charter. What influence the Queen has, I don't know, but I do know that most of the conspiracies on this website refer to the elitist and the Royals are implicated a lot of the time.

Conspiracy Files

BBC Conspiracy Files

The above link takes you to the conspiracy file website and below is a link to the wiki page, though not alot of information there:

The Conspiracy Files

The Conspiracy Files is a British documentary television series broadcast on BBC Two, investigating various modern day conspiracy theories. So far in two series and 6 programmes, the show has investigated the theories surrounding the September 11 attacks (twice), the Pan Am Flight 103 bomb, the Oklahoma City bombing, the 7 July 2005 London bombings and the deaths of David Kelly and Diana, Princess of Wales.

In my opinion the documetaries are very well made, and examine a broad spectrum of evidence from valid sources. The point where the programme falls short in my opinion however, is that towards the end of every programme the narrator seems to do a u-turn and apply that age old stigma that conspiracy theorists are 'loonies'.

I will include several links and videos below that a lot of you will find interesting, and finally there will be some articles on conspiracy theorists themselves. I encourage you too look around the site, it will give you a good idea on what perspective the UK broadcasters have on these theories.

THE 7/7 London Bombings

Homepage

The programme sees how conspiracy theories suggest four British Muslims were framed by the government, play on the fears of the Muslim community and spread a highly divisive and damaging message. The Conspiracy Files: 7/7 examines the evidence in an attempt to separate fact from fiction.

Unmasking the 7/7 Conspiracy Theorist

n the absence of a public inquiry into the 7 July bombings, conspiracy theories have filled the vacuum. One of the more inflammatory involves a man hiding behind an Arabic-sounding pseudonym taken from a sci-fi film starring Sting, says the BBC's Mike Rudin.

Continued in the following posts. I hope you watch these videos, they are Vary, Very Good!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

9/11 The Third Tower: Mystery Solved

9/11 The Third Tower: Mystery Solved

The final mystery of 9/11 will soon be solved, according to US experts investigating the collapse of the third tower at the World Trade Center.

Conspiracy theorists have argued that the third tower was brought down in a controlled demolition.

However, a group of architects, engineers and scientists say the official explanation that fires caused the collapse is impossible. Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth argue there must have been a controlled demolition.

There are a number of facts that have encouraged conspiracy theories about Tower Seven.

* Although its collapse potentially made architectural history, all of the thousands of tonnes of steel from the skyscraper were taken away to be melted down.

* The third tower was occupied by the Secret Service, the CIA, the Department of Defence and the Office of Emergency Management, which would co-ordinate any response to a disaster or a terrorist attack.

* The destruction of the third tower was never mentioned in the 9/11 Commission Report. The first official inquiry into Tower Seven by the Federal Emergency Management Agency was unable to be definitive about what caused its collapse.

* In May 2002 FEMA concluded that the building collapsed because intense fires had burned for hours, fed by thousands of gallons of diesel stored in the building. But it said this had "only a low probability of occurrence" and more work was needed.

The Evolution of a Conspiracy Theory

The Lockerbie Bombing

The Lockerbie Bombing Conspiracy

In December 1988, Britain's worst terrorist attack left 270 people dead.

The first thread the programme follows is that of the mystery caller who tipped off the US Embassy in Helsinki two weeks before the crash happened, that a bomb would be planted on a flight from Frankfurt.

The second thread leads to Ahmed Jibril, leader of the Palestinian extremist faction PFLP-GC. In a rare interview, he denies the allegation that this group were behind the attack, backed by Iran.

The programme then looks at the theory put forward by Juval Aviv, an investigator hired by Pan Am, that rogue CIA agents allowed the bomb to be planted in a top secret drugs operation which went horribly wrong.

The Conspiracy Files also examines the prosecution case that Libya carried out the attack.

But the programme also examines allegations that the Libyans were set up.

Gaddafi's Son on Lockerbie

Saif al-Islam al-Gaddafi, the son of Libya's leader, has criticised the Lockerbie air crash victims' families as "greedy" and "materialistic".

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Oklahoma Bomb

Oklahoma Bombing

The Conspiracy Files investigates whether the Oklahoma City bombing was the work of lone bomber Tim McVeigh, a decorated Gulf War veteran, or whether there were others involved who are being protected in a government cover-up.

The programme talks to conspiracy theorists who claim that the US government not only had foreknowledge of the attack, they had informants inside the conspiracy who actively encouraged the bombing.

The film features revealing interviews with the leading FBI investigators in the case, one of whom, for the first time, is now calling for the investigation to be re-opened.

Q & A: What Really Happened?

At least 24 eyewitnesses say they saw Tim McVeigh with one or more accomplices in Oklahoma City on the morning of the attack. But no one was ever identified. It was not Terry Nichols, the known accomplice of Tim McVeigh. He was at home in Kansas over 200 miles away on that day.

Dr. David Kelly

The Kelly Conspiracy

For many the sudden death of the government scientist and weapons inspector, Dr David Kelly, remains suspicious.

The official verdict was suicide. But a public inquest was never completed.

The Conspiracy Files explores the questions that still surround Dr Kelly's death in July 2003, when the controversy about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction was at its height.

Doctors, lawyers, bloggers and politicians, question the official account; and the programme investigates what really happened when David Kelly walked up Harrowdown Hill.

Kelly Death NOT Suicide

An MP investigating the death of Dr David Kelly says he is convinced the weapons scientist did not kill himself. Norman Baker tells BBC Two's The Conspiracy Files he has reached the conclusion Dr Kelly's life was "deliberately taken by others".

Only Part of the video, If I find the full one I will edit this post:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Excellent work bringing these together - I have watched all of them live and they are a great source of information. I will of course add the caveat - accept nothing on face value - and always Deny Ignorance!

Interestingly enough - i hadn't actually come across "The Ripple Effect" until the programme aired so it goes to show that even MSM has a place at times.

Well done op !

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

9/11

9/11: The Conspiracy File

We all know what happened on 9/11, the day the world changed. Or do we?

The Conspiracy Files investigates the growing number of conspiracy theories surrounding the 9/11 attacks.

Incredibly some believe the American Government allowed or actively helped the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Those who question the official version believe the World Trade Center buildings were actually demolished by explosives; others ask why there was so little damage to the Pentagon's outer wall if a plane really had hit it.

And why was America so unprepared when terror attack warnings had been received?

The Conspiracy Files travels across the United States to investigate, speaking to eye witnesses and tries to separate fact from fiction.

The 9/11 Conspiracy Movement

Accusations that the American Government was complicit in the 9/11 attacks are becoming increasingly bitter and widespread. 9/11 was the first global event in the age of the internet. And now the world wide web is being used as a platform for a wide range of conspiracy theories - more than 50 at the last count - which allege that the US government was somehow involved in the attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon. In the past, you needed the backing of a Hollywood studio or a major broadcaster to reach a global audience. Now, all you need is a bargain basement computer and a little technical know-how.

Osama Bin Laden: Dead or Alive

Osama Bin Laden Dead or Alive

The latest Conspiracy Files documentary explores the many stories about Osama Bin Laden's supposed illness and even death.

What is immediately apparent is the lack of intelligence about Bin Laden. We hear from the man who was tasked by President Obama to review US policy in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

The former CIA officer Bruce Riedel has seen the intelligence on Bin Laden and his blunt conclusion is that "there is no trail any more".

"It's not cold," he says, "it's frozen over".

Osama Bin Laden Implicated In European 'Mumbai' Plot

Reuters) - Osama bin Laden and top al Qaeda leadership are likely behind the latest European terror plot, U.S. officials said on Friday. The plot, revealed earlier this week, appeared to be in its early stages. It aimed to launch coordinated attacks in European capitals, with gunmen opening fire in Britain, Germany, France and possibly elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Princess Diana

How Diana Died

On the eve of the publication of Lord Stevens' police report into the death of Princess Diana, a special programme investigates allegations that she was murdered by the secret service on the orders of the British establishment.

Nearly 10 years on from the car crash in Paris, which claimed the lives of Princess Diana, Dodi Al Fayed and their driver Henri Paul, questions remain.

How Diana Died: The Conspiracy Files talks to the people behind the conspiracy theories, reveals new evidence and explores the continuing controversy over what really happened.

Public Doubts Over Diana Death

There is strong public support for the theory Princess Diana's fatal car crash was not an accident, a poll suggests. Some 43% of people agreed it was an accident when asked in a poll for a new BBC TV series, The Conspiracy Files. Another 31% believed it was not an accident, with the rest unsure, the GfK NOP poll of 1,000 adults found. An investigation by the French authorities concluded it was an accident and the driver of Diana's car had been drunk and driving too fast.

I don't think the following video is the Conspiracy Files one, If I find it I will edit and post in its place:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Additional Links

Here are some additional links from the Conspiracy Files Website that you may want to check out.

The Conspiracy Test

Do you trust everything you are told or do you think there is usually truth in conspiracies? Psychologist Dr Patrick Leman, of the Royal Holloway University of London, has devised a test to see how conspiratorial you are. Once you have answered all 15 questions press submit and we will calculate your score. You will then be able to read Dr Leman's analysis.

We are all Conspiracy Theorists at Heart

Why are conspiracy theories so popular? We may not always believe what we're told, but we still can't resist listening to them. Guy Smith, producer of 9/11: The Conspiracy Files, suggests the answer may lie deep within us all. I admit it. If I'm being really honest, I can't deny that I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist. Perhaps we all are. It's easy to dismiss all conspiracy theories as "bunkum", but remember just occasionally they do turn out to be true. Remember Watergate? Iran-contra? Special Branch collusion with loyalist terrorists in Northern Ireland? As Jim Fetzer, one of the leading 9/11 conspiracy theorists, says: "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you."

Plots, Paranoia & Blame

There have undoubtedly been conspiracies throughout history, and people have probably always speculated about a hidden, sinister hand behind events. But it was only in the late 18th Century that the idea of a vast plot shaping the course of history began to grip European and American imaginations with fears that the French Revolution was the result of a plot by secret societies such as the Freemasons or the Illuminati. The first recorded use of the phrase "conspiracy theory" dates back to a history article from 1909. But it is only since the 1960s that it entered popular usage. Indeed, conspiracy theory, only entered the supplement to the Oxford English Dictionary for the first time in 1997.

The Psychology of Conspiracy

There are conspiracy theories for everything - from alleged government cover-ups of meetings with aliens and UFO sightings to the supposed malevolent actions of large global organizations. For every major event it seems there is a conspiracy theory.

Opinion polls have found that around 80% of Americans believe that Lee Harvey Oswald did not act alone in killing President Kennedy, 46% believe the Japanese are conspiring to destroy the American economy, and 41% believe the US Air Force is hiding evidence of flying saucers.

Conspiracy theories abound all across the world and psychologists have begun to try to understand why people believe in conspiracy theories.

My own research suggests that people think that a major or significant event must have been caused by something similarly major, significant or powerful.

The Fluoride Deception

One video/book tou may have heard of is the Fluoride Deception. What you may or may not kinow si that the creator of this material used to work for the BBC as a reasercher. The reason I am sharing this is to re-inforce the fact that the worlds biggest broadcasting company is very aware of the conspiracies out there, and once in a while not only do they use them to imply stupidity, but to make people aware of something that could change your life forever.

The Fluoride Deception

CHRISTOPHER BRYSON is an award winning investigative reporter and a television producer. He covered Guatemalan Army human rights abuses from Central America in the late 1980's for the BBC World Service, National Public Radio and The Atlanta Constitution. In 1989 he was part of an investigative team that won a George Polk Award and Sidney Hillman Prize with Jonathan Kwitny at Public Television's The Kwitny Report. In 1999 he won a Project Censored award with medical writer Joel Griffiths.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Mods and readers, sorry for the lack of user generated content from myself, I was just concentrating on getting the information collated and posted. I will post my comments now as I feel appropriate. I ahve watched most of these documentaries and find that they are very well made. The thing with official films like these is that although they may be biased and the truth twisted (as in most videos to suit the persons agenda), unlike the user videos posted on youtube etc. these guys have stringent standars commisions and rules to adhere too, so you can be pretty confident that you can follow their sources and not find any discrepencies.

For those interested, most of the full programme transcripts can be found on the links posted.

Hopefully some of you guys will not have seen these and will enjoy them

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Silk

Silk, I found your post buried between mine, I nearly missed it!

Yes, I saw most of these on TV also, the BBC shows such as this and Panarama & Horizon etc. are always worth watching. Probably the only things worth watching, apart from Qi and Buzzcocks!

For those who didn't pick up o nthe fact, in the UK we have to pay a TV licence, and this applies to Laptops etc. and any other devices that enable you to watch free to air TV. Don't know if thats the same in the US, I think you only pay for Cable etc.?

Anyway, back on topic, yes I did find a lot out from these videos which I hadn't heard anywhere else. Again for those not aware of the BBC, think back to 9/11 when a broadcaster stated that the building had been hit/collapsed before it actually had: That was these guys.

That is a conspiracy in its self, and if I'm nit mistaken, is covered and disputed in their own video which I posted above.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I haven't really got much to add to this thread at this point in all honesty but I just wanted to give it a quick bump in the hope that more people will see it as it's a great read and there's a lot of great info here.

Oh, and thanks for taking the time to make it as well! Much appreciated!!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

No Problems carlitomoore - Im in the UK as well.

FWIW I think I might try to give these programmes and the thread a bit of a plug on Wednesdays Euro Show - as we are broadcasting to the UK as well of Europe (as well as worldwide!!!) it would be nice to get some calls from people here who have seen the shows and the take on them from this side of the pond.

Whilst I think they are available on IPlayer I do know that that doesn't work overseas (unless you know how ;-) )

edit on 2-10-2010 by Silk because: Extending the Listening Range !

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Rising Against, my fellow DMBC resident!

Thanks for commenting on this, I think it deserves a bumb. I bet quite a lot of the UK members here have seen some of these and enjoyed them. I havn't got the writing finesse that you have, but I am working on it, believe me!

Just to comment on one of the videos, in the 7/7 bombing episode, they cover the fact that there was believed to be a terror exercise on the same day as in 9/11, which I had picked up somewhere and believed. But this was not the case! There was an exercise of sorts... in a classroom with around 10 people.

I had rallied on this 'coincidence' up until I saw this video, and then I felt pretty stupid that I jumped to conclusions from other peoples data without checking for myself. CHECK YOUR SOURCES!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Silk

Silk, It would be great if you did that! I have never been involved with ATS live, I went on ATS chat a couple of week ago and they were discussing it but now they have upped the post count I can't get back in to find out what it is all about!

I think these need plugging, there are not many videos 'from the other team' out there, so its good to get a new perspective.

You sound very mischevous there, yes I think you can view all these on iPlayer but only in the UK, maybe there is a way around that!?

Thats why I had tosearch Youtube for the vids and couldn't find every one of them. Peace!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Is still getting a mention on ATS Live tonight? Is there any way to downlaod a podcast or something of the show as I have no idea how it runs, just that people follow it on ATS chat. Is it a live audio feed from the sites admin?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Yes the show is a live feed - you can listen via Facebook (find the AboveTopSecret page and click on the live tab - there is a player for both the archives of the US and UK & Euro Live shows and for the show in progress at that time.

You can also go to www.illustrial.net/site and find the links to the shows there.

Thanks for the bump - I will put a point on my show notes to ask Nef to give your thread a plug!

Sorry forgot to add tonight its on air from 21:00 to 23:00BST

edit on 6-10-2010 by Silk because: Forgot the show times

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

Silk, How did it go? Any mention of the thread!?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This thread covers 9 of the most prevailant conspiracies in the World today, and they have been covered by the MSM in videos that msot members don't know existed.

To the two (possibly three) people who have already posted, have you got any information or ideas for me that will help give this a boost? Some threads I let die, but this one I see more potential with, especially with newcomers to the site.

Im going to keep promoting this one, starting maybe with compiling a few threads for each conspiracy tht have been posted by other members, to serve as a sort of starting point for people on the hunt for more knowledge. Would you think that be a good idea?

top topics

join