It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot/Sasquatch Fact or Fiction?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaysinn
I'm willing to bend my way around rational, proven reality to accept theories if they seem to make sense and fill in gaps without completely denying existence as we know it. I believe these creatures exist, but I came to some thoughts about them years ago.

My main theory, and again this requires a measurable amount of "quasi-faith", is that these creatures are multi-dimensional. I've had my experiences in my life that lead me to believe there are concurrent multiple dimensions, layers of existence. What if these creatures don't spend all of their life in our plane of existence? What if these sightings are of actually instances where these creatures have "bled through" the barrier between their reality and our own? We never find bodies. They quickly disappear. We may find evidence of their involvement in an event: throwing of rocks/branches, broken trees, foot prints, smells, etc. But we, like nearly every skeptical argument, have yet to hold scientific, physical evidence of these things. How? Why?

Writing this off as hokey is the same, to me, as writing off Bigfoot as hokey in general. We have no way to prove there exist or do not exist this species of creature. Therefore, we have no way to prove or disprove that my theory is anymore right or wrong than the next.

Its all about accepting each other and what we all believe. That's what makes us all different.

Extradimensional stuff is too far out in left field for me to swallow. I think it's much simpler to accept that these humanoids are living in caves or underground caverns. Mostly nocturnal so we can't see them. Excellent senses (eyesight, hearing, smell) so they can spot hunters a mile away. And they probably bury their dead or maybe even Consume their own dead?

My bottom line is that they're more human than ape and are intelligent or semi-intelligent, despite the fur coats.

For more research look around for reports of "wild men" which are, for all intents and purposes, Yeti/Bigfoots.
What ties into this are reports of Giants dating back centuries. Tying into to them are the Mound-Builders of North America--either deliberately or erroneously given credit to the native American Indians. These guys were 7 to 12 feet in height, generally had red hair, and reports include 6 toes/fingers and a curious double layer of teeth suggesting carnivores. Skeletons sent to the Smithsonian had a tendency to vanish (cover-up!). www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm convinced we're dealing with the same species of proto-humans here. They were nearly exterminated once and became feral dwellers in the wilderness. Going back to the Nordic tales of Utima Thule and the "gods" they're described as giants with that curious red or blonde hair color.
Going back into Celtic mythology, there's evidence to suggest that these Giants had High Technology (as in once being the dominant species of humanoids on our little planet thousands of years ago):
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Which they lost in cataclysm or wars (rather like where our civilization might be headed)...

Which (in my dumb opinion) would be the key as to why there would actually be a cover-up about them in the first place. Because one thing leads to another and another...
So it's best, for the sake of the world, to bury history and all that goes with it.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
i found big foot! i believe the creature could be captured alive.
i was leaving the office the other day, minding my own business. when suddenly i heard heavy footsteps behind me, then a huge shadow covered me. i thought, maybe its a cloud, so i looked up. there was no cloud. so i turned around and there it was. it stood about 7 foot tall, hands big enough to palm a bowling ball! and a awful stinch, it smelled like a cross between steak sauce, and stale cigar smoke.
i looked up at its face, there was teeth that could tear a mans face off, smiling down at me from behind its dreadlocks. then the creature offered to " make me holla for 50 roses". i dont know what that means, it sounds bad.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
with respect to skeletons people tend to forget weathering is a big factor in that

bones left outside will degrade rapidily over a period of time

however bones have been found in caves that have been dated to thousands of years old

lets not forget that.

Caves yes, 1000's of years. Woods, 1000's of seconds.... I live in the real woods, you aren't going to find # after 24 hours... ravens can finish a grown man in 12 hours and scatter the remains over 100 yards. Bears, wolves, fischers,martins,badgers,coyotes,raccoons,skunks, etc......... you don't find anything in the woods. But if you want to see bigfoot, go to brule river area in wi. Don't shoot at em , don't swerve at em in your car...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I feel like there’s something to it. I think a lot of sightings are faked, but there’s definitely some truth to the legend and I lean towards Big Foot more likely existing than not.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

What is it? It's a GMO hybrid of human, ape, and Lemur DNA. It has human mitochondrial DNA and gets it's night vision from it's Lemur genes.

BTW, there's this thing that gets called Dog Man, but is it actually a giant Lemur?

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
On the Patterson film i am torn. The simple fact that the participants called it a hoax is too hard to overcome. But when you stabilize the footage, details emerge that make it look like there is no way it is a fake.

The big, fat, budonkadonk butt....that would be hard to emulate. The hind quarters seem to work perfectly well, nothing like someone wearing a suit.

The boobs. I never noticed them before. And they bounce and swing. Why include that detail?

And the simple fact that the biology looks right regarding the head/neck, the forearms, and the shoulders.

If that is a man, he is exceptionally large and well built. Moreso than even Arnold Schwarzenegger was, and he was considered freakish at this time.

If it weren't for the admission of fakery, i would have no doubt it was real.

The participants did NOT call it a hoax, never did. A relative tried to cash in on the story and said his uncle, can't remember if it was P or G, told him it was faked. It was not faked.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: scottobereal

Wether it's fake or real doesn't really matter anymore at all. It will forever be inconclusive at best

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Not getting sucked into another debate about the PG film.
Despite not having a body to study they leave physical evidence, so either we're mistaking another critter for Bigfoot
or it's Bigfoot.

There is absolutely NO reason to use one unknown (inter dimensional) to prove another unknown.
Humans quite simply aren't that hard to hide from.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78
"Humans quite simply aren't that hard to hide from." Especially these days That's a fact. Even in the national parks, people are buried deep in their devices. I see it all the time. I've been passed by multiple bikes and backpackers, sitting under a tree in the open. Never noticed 😁

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: vance

It gets better since in general most people aren't looking for bf and you generally don't see what you aren't looking for.
Humans have routines an are pretty tunnel visioned. A bf has no problem learning human routines an using them to stay unnoticed. Plus we tend to take it for granted our homes are our refuge an safe, unlike if you were anywhere else where you'd need to be much more alert to your surroundings.

I'd love to blame our lack of paying attention on cell phones but if every smart phone disappeared we'd still be
just as oblivious wrapped up in our own little worlds cause everything is "all about me!!"

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

You are right about that, I didn't put enough thought into it 👍

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: vance
Thanks, but it's not a matter of right or wrong. Most of the problem is getting people to understand Sasquatch "can" be much closer to us if it wants to, cause of our own predictability is enabling them. It's almost comical in that we train our own spooks to learn their targets routines, yet thats pretty much Sasquatche's normal!
Sometimes I think people would take this more serious if Sasquatch also had a shady govt agency alphabet acronym.
(grins!!)
Instead they're on their smart phones being data fodder worried about eavesdropping from Google an tracking but apparently ok (potentially) with a 10ft Giant Fuzzy collecting data on them. "Potentially" meaning should one
unfortunately be around. Hypothetically of course.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Has anyone seen this video of a gorilla walking? This could prove that with evolution and/or a different species, upright walking like a man is possible.

youtu.be...

edit on 9-9-2023 by MulderAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Totally!! I wonder if the reverse (i.e., men evolving to walk more apelike) would also be possible. a reply to: MulderAgent

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join