It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen J Cannell passes away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Stephen J Cannell, who produced and wrote such hits as The A-Team and cult favorite The Greatest American Hero has passed away:

www.imdb.com...

He also produced and wrote such series as The Rockford Files and Hunter. Here is a link to all of his works:

www.imdb.com...

The vast majority of the shows were mindless entertainment, but they were fun to watch. His style was unique to the genre, and most of his shows has a certain look about them.

May he rest in peace.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I grew up with this guy's shows. (He often also acted in some of the shows, usually as a bad guy).

I remember at the end of the shows, they'd show him at the typewriter, he'd fling off a piece of paper, and it'd go into a graphic of the C on a stack of paper.

Most would call his shows fluff....but that's how they were intended...just good ol' fashioned escapism....

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Some of my favorite shows growing up were from Mr Cannell. The A-Team. 21 Jumpstreet... classics.

As Gazrok pointed out, I can vividly picture that image of the typewriter and him flinging that piece of paper. I can even here the short set of notes that play in the background.

As a legacy, I suppose that it's fitting he's one of only two people, in his field, that I can mentally picture. The rest are all just names on a screen.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I also grew up with Mr Cannell's shows. They were pure entertainment, and not preachy like the other shows at the time.

BTW, Turner Classic Movies is airing the original movie "The Damned" this Friday as part of their Hammer Horror fest.

new topics

top topics

join