It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to apologize for STD experiments in Guatemala

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

You, of course, are free to continue your irrelevant comments on the morality of the victims, just as we are free to regard such comments as indicative of an unbalanced mind.

No, this is a report of something that happened 60 years ago, the victims are at least 70+ years old now. The US is not responsible for the spread of the disease that is happening these days though, it is merely a natural occurence when they are having unsafe sex with each other knowing full well their statistics of contracting the disease as they full well should be in the know these days.

edit on 2-10-2010 by quantum_flux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
reply to post by Kailassa

No, this is a report of something that happened 60 years ago, the victims are at least 70+ years old now. The US is not responsible for the spread of the disease that is happening these days though, it is merely a natural occurence when they are having unsafe sex with each other knowing full well their statistics of contracting the disease as they full well should be in the know these days.

The apology from the US government isn't for the spread of the diseases in modern times. It isn't even about the introduction of these STDs. According to the report they used local prostitutes who where already infected and payed them to have sex with prisoners. The diseases already existed in the country.

When this didn't work they began to infect directly through other means.

"The doctors used prostitutes with the disease to pass it to the prisoners (since sexual visits were allowed by law in Guatemalan prisons) and then did direct inoculations," either on the men's genitalia, forearms, face or through spinal injections, Reverby wrote in a research paper.

U.S. scientists grew frustrated at the slow pace of infection in the prison, so they turned to a mental health hospital.

"They would hold a guy's penis for an hour to an hour and a half to make sure it got in there," Reverby said. "It was pretty gruesome."

STD tests in Guatemala

Infecting them and using them as guinea pigs without them knowing is the wrong doing and the apology is directed at the family members of those who may have been wronged. Anyone going out and involving themselves in risky sexual behavior know that this apology or any type of restitution does not include them even if they do develop a rash in the coming weeks.

edit on 2-10-2010 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

What you said was so real it gave me the chills. Thanks.
Yes the elite better wake up before their matrix comes crashing down.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by la vie
Lol when it comes to late apologies, the US is definitely the best at it. Better late than ever but always late.

edit on 2-10-2010 by la vie because: (no reason given)

They're the best at apologizing with other peoples tax dollars, 60 years later when those guilty cannot be prosecuted. All the while committing and inventing new criminal experiments as we speak.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Very disappointed this thread has so little interest. Quite sad and shocking to me really.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

When this first hit ATS it was against a thread about pot being less illegal in CA. That thread was busting at the seams with interest. People care more about pot than the lives of others and what the government/s can do and have done.

Originally posted by Raist
I watched them report this on CNN. I was angry when the reporter said (I am paraphrasing here as I cannot recall the exact words) “This is new information coming to light” “It is hard to believe this took place”.

All I could think was “really?”. This has been out there for years look around, do some investigation, we (like those of us on ATS) have known about this, open your eyes, and listen to us for a change.

I mean I am glad this is getting some press but my guess is within 48 hours we will not be hearing about it again. As usual they will ignore facts of this stuff taking place and will ignore any other information that might even be similar in even the slightest way. It ticks me off to think that this will be tossed aside and forgotten and that it has been ignored all these years because it has nothing to do with the latest fashion, celebrity, or sports team.

Those of us on ATS and like places might as well talk to a brick wall while banging our heads against it.

Raist

Just as I predicted. Within 48 hours of this “breaking news” hitting the main stream it has been dropped. It is not much different in the “real” world away from ATS. The average person is more interested in what some celebrity has going on in their life or what sports team won the latest game.

I completely agree with what you said.

Raist

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by Icarus Rising

...... well then , most of them are now dead .

No compensation for the dead .

Really?

So in your world Syphilis isn't congenital, only people of the exact same age make sex for a brief period of their lifes, STDs carry that name because they are not sexually transmitted and everyone dies at the same time in complete sync... yeah right.

This whole thing if true is beyond disgusting.

You missed the point i was making .
Simply that given the time lapse since the initial experiment , most of those involved are dead.

But i whole heartedly agree with your assertion that the effects would of rippled through Guatemalan society .

This whole thing if true is beyond disgusting.

It takes a fairly debased view of those you intend to experiment on , to carry out such heinous acts. As history shows us this was no isolated case .
Shocking.

edit on 3-10-2010 by UmbraSumus because: shorten quoted amount of text

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I just heard some awesome informationa botu the Dulce, New Mexico Underground base at the archiletta mesa. it is said to be a horrible place. aliens examine humans and humans examine aliens. humans examine humans and they conduct medical experiments on eachother. it is also said they the workers in the facility have successfully fused humans and animals together.
It is also said that the 7th floor is where these human/alien/animal beigns are kept. Near the base a mutilated cow was found with everything wipedout but the fetus of the cow. the fetus consisted of a round head with human eyes and a pig snout with human ears. They are using cows as incubators to grow these weird disgusting creatures that the government is making down under the mesa in Dulce New Mexico. the government is SICK. The agents that work at these bases and peform human experiments and all of this are SICK IN THE HEAD. I thought he government was supposed to protect us but i dont think thats happening. i think they are destroying humans and animals and from everything i have been told by a certain person who i will NOT mention is everything that is believed to be going on at this facility. everything he told me is TRUE. HOWEVER I CANNOT SAY ANYMORE ABOUT THIS SUBJECT NOR WILL I ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS. you can do your own research and findout for yourself.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Imagine this. You are a Guatemalan mental patient in 1946-1948. Apart from not being able to leave the mental hospital whenever you like, and having to take your blood pressure repeatedly and medication everyday in walks the United States government.

How does the United States government walk into your life? It walks into your life in the form of a prostitute. Not bad some might say, but wait I forgot to mention one thing. This prostitute is infected with gonorrhea and syphilis.

But remember you are not alone; you are one of 696 men and women who will take part of this deliberate infection. And apart from that the 696 of you are not alone either; you all are part of a larger group of people that will be infected with syphilis that will include 600 black men in Alabama called the Tuskegee experiment.

So now you had sex with the prostitute provided to you by the United States government and some how you did not get syphilis, will the experiment stop there. No it will not. If this happens the doctors led by Dr. John Cutler will take you penis and abrade it, a nice word for grinding it so that it will have open sores, and pour the syphilis onto it deliberately.

If this did not work will the inhuman doctors and United States Government stop there? No they won’t, if that was the case they will just have to inject the syphilis into your spine, and we know how that hurts. So now after all of that you should consider yourself lucky. Why?

The reason you should consider yourself lucky is because since you are taking part in the Guatemalan syphilis experiment you have a chance to be treated with penicillin. I said chance because if you are part of the control group, you probably will not. Your American brethren in Alabama are not so lucky. No they are not because in the Tuskegee Experiment Americans chose that African Americans should no be treated with penicillin.

This is what Wellesley College historian Susan Reverby found out, and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton apologized for.

Is the United States government still doing these kinds of experiments to people? Will a future Secretary of State have to apologize 60 years from now for similar experiments? Who knows?

For more information you can check out Susan Reverby’s website at www.wellesley.edu... and click “Normal Exposure”

Don’t forget to check out my blog at [SNIP]

Mod Edit:

4) No Endorsement of User Content.
19) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on the Websites within posts, private messages, avatars and/or signatures without prior written permission from TAN.

Terms and Conditions
edit on 6-10-2010 by Gemwolf because: Snipped link to personal blog

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There's nothing people won't do.

I guess AIDs really might have been perpetrated by the US government :0.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by simpletruths10

Imagine this. You are a Guatemalan mental patient in 1946-1948. Apart from not being able to leave the mental hospital whenever you like, and having to take your blood pressure repeatedly and medication everyday in walks the United States government. How does the United States government walk into your life? It walks into your life in the form of a prostitute. Not bad some might say, but wait I forgot to mention one thing. This prostitute is infected with gonorrhea and syphilis.

OK. Devils advocate.

Did I choose to sleep with the hooker or is she bigger than me and held me down?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by simpletruths10

Well...never mind about that.

They were incarcerated prisoners and mental patients. This is truly indefensible.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join