It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stonehenge Secret Revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Isotope analysis of a boy’s teeth who had been buried with an amber-bead necklace at Stonehenge 3,550 years ago indicates that he had grown up around the Mediterranean Sea. “Most archaeologists would say that when you find burials like this…people who can get these rare and exotic materials are people of some importance,” said Andrew Fitzpatrick of Wessex Archaeology.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

It is so interesting to me that a boy who grew up around the Mediterranean Sea came to buried at Stonehenge. It makes me wonder if people back in those times were drawn to this place. In any case I do find this intriguing. What was his purpose for being there? It seems secrets revealed only leave more secrets in its place.
Mods feel free to move this thread if needed.

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 30-9-2010 by kenny71 because: typo

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Doesn't mean he was drawn there...maybe TAKEN there as a servant or slave...which happened a lot. The Romans were all over the UK back then...and were settlers across Great Britian. And the Romans were from the Meditteranian area as well. So there you go. A slave or servant boy traveling with a Roman soldier, maybe General.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

So true. I wonder what other little historical wonders can also be found there? I have a lot of scenarios playing out in my head about this one.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

According to the written history of England the Romans did not discover England until 55 BC. Its not to say they were not there before but this goes a little bit farther back than that.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Sorry people I have mislead you. This topic has already been posted by blupblup. Please refer to his thread here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Originally posted by mysterious stranger

The Romans were all over the UK back then...and were settlers across Great Britian. And the Romans were from the Meditteranian area as well. So there you go. A slave or servant boy traveling with a Roman soldier, maybe General.

Sorry that’s rubbish, politely speaking…

In fact Rome itself was only founded in 753BC wiki.answers.com...
and the earliest Roman colonization of Britain begin in 54BC. Its colonization only became extensive by 43AD. en.wikipedia.org...

Given the very beginnings of Rome were some 797 years into the future when this boy died, we can definitely rule him out as a Roman Slave. Which for this time, kinda crowns him an "Out of Place Artifact"!!!

I’d imagine his purpose of coming to Britain would be metal mining, forging, or transport around Cornwall, as this is well known to have attracted people from as far as the Middle East (at least by the time of Christ). This, and you needed to be wealthy-respected to get buried at Stonehenge.
The skeleton of “The Amesbury Archer” was found 3 miles from Stonehenge. He lived 2300 BC, and bone analysis proved he probably grew up in central Europe, and had been involved in metal forging (given the huge amounts of lead and copper in his bone).

Another BBC documentary explained the tribe that built Stonehenge is thought to have originated in Wales, growing up in a rocky area which leached various minerals into the water. This water was considered to have health healing properties.
When this Welsh tribe expanded into Wiltshire, they wanted to bring the healing power of these stones with them. This is thought to be a probable reason why they made such an incredible effort to transport, such huge stones, all the way from Wales.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

I think in time (and when science yields its position a little more) we will come to find Stonehenge, Giza pyramids, the Sphinx and other iconic antiquities are much older than we want them to be.

I feel we've slapped an age on them so they will fit within our paradigm of history This would include the bible and science (evolution).
It is my impression and deep feeling all these places of interest are tens of thousands (if not millions) of years old.
Time will tell!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

He probly get there from the masons. They made those stones and imbued them with ancient magnetic magics. They point to atlantis, this boy was probly trying to get there.

new topics

top topics

join