It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Archive: Interview with a time traveler (page 7 of 19)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Span.TitorUnk [FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #7cfc00;] Span.TitorA [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #cc0000; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorB [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #000099; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorPF [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #009900; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorPP [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #800080; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorD [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #000099; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorE [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #606060; font-weight: bold;] Span.IntvwQuote [FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: ; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-STYLE: italic;] The ATS John Titor Project Page 7 of 19 pg.1  pg.2  pg.3  pg.4  pg.5  pg.6  pg.7  pg.8  pg.9  pg.10  pg.11  pg.12  pg.13  pg.14  pg.15  pg.16  pg.17  pg.18  pg.19  images  01/27/01 12:45 (about time travel) 232 My "time" machine is a stationary mass, temporal displacement unit manufactured by General Electric. The unit is powered by two, top-spin, dual-positive singularities that produce a standard, off-set Tipler sinusoid. 01/28/01 06:35 (about time travel) 233 My initial flight was from 2036 to 1975 (61 yrs). I then went from 1975 to 2000 (25 yrs.) Later this year, one of two favorable windows will open and I will return to my 2036 (35 yrs.) I am here now for personal reasons. 01/28/01 12:22 (about time travel) 234 The probability of us noticing a difference is based on the divergence of the trip. If all events and outcomes are certain, there are worldlines where I do return for every worldline I don?t return to. All the ?moral? events would then balance out to zero. Again, it's hard to judge good and bad outcomes?only good and bad decisions. 01/28/01 12:22 (about time travel) 235 ((Besides what's the point of fixing the Unix problem if there's an infinite number of worldlines where this problem doesn't even exist or has been fixed. After all your own worldline doesn't get the IBM 5100 anyway, so the people that sent you on this mission are still having that problem.)) Our actions and decisions are based on the knowledge we have in our own worldline. Yes, the bell shaped curve is a useful tool but if we are capable of change for the better than we feel we should at least try. Even if 'I' don?t return to my exact worldline, a similar ?me? probably will. Besides, I just look at it as helping a worldline where their time traveling me didn?t show up but I did. 01/28/01 12:22 (about time travel) 236 ((Also, you stated that "to the people on your worldline you'd only be gone for a split second". This can't be true, because to them you'll go away and never return.)) Again, I refer to the mirror example. 01/28/01 12:22 (about time travel) 237 I'm not sure I said another time traveler ?will? return, I think I said they ?could? return. The location/gravity ?map? I have of my path getting here could be duplicated with a fairly high degree of accuracy. it's just that my machine was not designed to do that. 01/29/01 12:25 (about the future) 238 ((Are the Olympics still being played in your time?)) As a result of the many conflicts, no, there were no official Olympics after 2004. However, it appears they may be revived in in 2040. 01/29/01 12:25 (about time travel) 239 ((would it not be possible to use that recording to back track to your original starting point without any divergence at all? It seems that all it would take it is a couple lines of programming in the computer-controlled system)) Perhaps it's better to say it's so highly improbable as to be considered impossible. A good example is the concept of trying to get closer to something by cutting the distance in half for every step you take. Since the computer is basically making calculations from an imperfect model of reality, there are no absolutes. I also believe there is a theory that states you would have to violate the speed of light limit to have a perfect ZD. 01/29/01 12:25 (about time travel) 240 The weather isn?t a factor as much as gravitational tidal forces are at the point of arrival. 01/29/01 12:25 (safety, suggestions, assorted philosophy) 241 The ability for war sleeps in each one of us and we must decide what we will do before the beast awakens. As for morality, again I point to the ?universal? balance of good and evil. For every worldline where there is peace, there is a worldline that has destroyed itself. 01/29/01 12:25 (about time travel) 242 ((what's the use of bringing back an IBM 5100 to a slightly different worldline, knowing that there are just as many or even more worldlines in which no-one returns to bring back the IBM 5100. It sounds a bit like charity in favour of other worldlines.)) The decisions and actions we take as individuals can only help those who we have direct interaction with. I believe it is wrong to be capable of helping and do nothing. My struggle is in the irony that if everyone just ?did nothing?, on every worldline, there would be no action and thus no immorality or evil (no good either). 01/29/01 12:25 (about the future) 243 Keep in mind that not all humans were destroyed but we were all affected. There is a effort going into colonizing space because it is believed that the problems of overpopulation were a large cause of the war. Personally, my generation sees itself as having a duty to try and repair the mess our fathers handed to us. When we were young, most of us had a small taste of the world you live in now and our only dream is to clean it up and give it back to those still able to have children. 01/29/01 07:47 (about the future) 244 As a result of the many conflicts, no, there were no official Olympics after 2004. However, it appears they may be revived in in 2040. 01/29/01 07:47 (right now) 245 Please keep in mind the web site is not mine and I apologize for the poor quality of the files. The photo you saw was taken by me with a Polaroid camera manufactured here. The other documents were duplicated by placing a book onto a copy machine at a packaging and shipping store and then scanning and saving them. 01/29/01 15:48 (about the future) 246 Although the documents posted were printed from a computer printer, is it really that hard to believe that manual typing is just a bit more common in thirty years? After the war, many things like manual printing machines, bicycles, sailboats and hand tools were valued a great deal. I have noticed more people in California are installing wood burning stoves. 01/30/01 06:21 (about time travel) 247 The means by which I travel in time is very physical. I require a �machine� to do it. It weighs about 500 pounds and gets quite hot. I do not own it and I did not build it. Within limits, I will be happy to discuss how it works and how �future� science thinks time works. No we have not completed string theory yet but (N-10) seems to work pretty well. 01/30/01 06:21 (about the future) 248 As far as the future goes, your worldline is about 2.5% different than mine. This is a roughly cumulative measurement based on my arrival in 1975. As far as I can tell right now, you are headed toward the same events I would call �my history� in 2036. However, the very nature of time travel states that every worldline is unique and you are very much in control of what you do and how you get there. Heck, the fact that I�m here makes it different from mine. 01/30/01 14:09 (about the future) 249 Technology is not gone in 2036 nor is it the private domain of �government� leaders. Computer printers just didn�t work very well on 12 volts and many people just got used to doing things the old way. After the war, the main problem was distribution. Can anyone tell me how many companies in the United States still manufacture bicycle tires today? Anyone who still has a bike in 2008 will find out. 01/31/01 06:30 (about time travel) 250 (1) Industrialized mass production does not produce the uncountable tonnage of useless consumer items so gleefully absorbed by your society. I would estimate there are about 10 units like mine (C204) and twenty larger units (C206). The main difference is the sensitivity and number of the main Cesium clocks. I would estimate that some sort of public time travel will be common around 2045. 01/31/01 06:30 (about time travel) 251 (2) I�m not aware of any other time traveler�s �here� now. But if they are here, I�m sure they�re pouring over sports history books so they can go back in time another week and start a friendly conversation on the web. 01/31/01 06:30 (past predictions) 252 (3) The �Mad Cow� story here is yet to begin but don�t worry, the fruited jellitine deserts are safe. 01/31/01 06:30 (past predictions) 253 (4) I�m glad to see it�s so easy for to dismiss the Middle East . Yes, I suppose it is a no brainer but pretty soon it will be a �no arrmer� and a �no legger� 01/31/01 19:13 (about time travel) 254 The distortion unit reaches its target destination by using very sensitive gravity sensors and atomic clocks. The basic unit of calculation is the second. So yes, in a sense you do �dial in� in a date and the computer system controls the distortion field. At maximum power, the unit I have is capable of traveling about 10 years an hour. 01/31/01 19:13 (about time travel) 255 Unfortunately, time travel is not an exact science. There is inherent error and chaos in the computers ability to make accurate calculations. Based on the current technology of the clocks and sensors, distortion units are only accurate to about 60 years or so. So no, in 2036, we are unable to travel back 1000 years due to the error rate in the system. The divergence between the worldline of origin and the target worldline would be too great. If one were to try and travel back that far, history would look nothing like what you would expect. The unit has mass limits but the 204 is capable of transporting about three people and equipment. I don�t think you would like 2036 very much. 02/01/01 08:36 (right now) 256 The 5100 had a very simple and unique feature that IBM did not account for and decided it was not in their best interest to advertise (which in hindsight was not very smart). This accidental feature was thus removed from any future desktop computers. In order to take advantage of this feature, the 5100 I have now required a couple of special �tweaks� that had to be done by one of the software engineers in 1975. Anyone who is familiar with this feature and was told to keep their mouth shut about it will be able to tell you what it is. 02/01/01 08:36 (about the future) 257 Yes we still have toilet tissue and some people still suffer from extreme anal fixation. 02/01/01 08:36 (predictions for the future) 258 The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII. 02/01/01 08:36 (past predictions) 259 The source of power for the C204 that allows it to distort and manipulate gravity comes from two microsingularities that were created, captured and cleaned at a much larger and �circular� facility. The dual event horizons of each one and their mass is manipulated by injecting electrons onto the surface of their respective ergospheres. The electricity comes from batteries. The breakthrough that will allow for this technology will occur within a year or so when CERN brings their larger facility online. 02/01/01 08:36 (about time travel) 260 Perhaps it would have been clearer to state that the math has been around since 1970. I would urge you to examine the properties of Kerr black holes and Tipler cylinders. An actual working prototype was first tested in 2034. On my worldline, time travel is not a public recreation but we are all aware that it exists. You may be disappointed to know that the ability to manipulate gravity is not the technical challenge that had to be overcome. Miniaturizing the clocks and sensors, creating clever ways to vent x-rays and creating a computer system dependable enough to calculate the changes required to the field were the main challenges. There are no missing pieces�just missing energy levels and a few very interesting subatomic particles 02/02/01 06:34 (about the future) 261 The United States is still a representative republic in 2036 but it was touch and go for a while. After the war, the U.S. had divided into 5 general areas based on their economic and defensive strengths. Many people blamed the government organization for the war and the last Constitutional Congress was held in 2020 to officially scrap the Constitution and start over. Fortunately, this exercise in anger pointed out how hard it was to come up with anything better. It was decided the document wasn�t at fault. As a result, there have been a few small changes to the Constitution and the executive branch but you would easily recognize it. The average citizen is more educated about the Constitution and aware of the rights and responsibilities it gives them. Federal power has been decentralized and the focus of daily politics is in the state senates. Federal law has also been streamlined but much harder to change or make additions to. 02/02/01 06:34 (about the future) 262 The people who sign my paycheck told me why we needed a 5100 and sent me off to get one. I was not in a position to make alternate suggestions. As I recall, isn�t the Cray a rather large system? We need something portable. The 5100 isn�t required for its reliability, its needed to translate between APL, UNIX and a few obscure IBM mainframe languages. 02/02/01 10:09 (about time travel) 263 Yes, I age and my hair and nails grow at normal rates. Please keep in mind that gravity distortion does involve some dilation effects but �jumping� between worldlines are timelike trips, not spacelike trips. 02/02/01 10:09 (about the future) 264 The air is about the same although I do smell and taste industrial odors here my parents cannot. The food in the future is grown and raised naturally inside the community structure. This is done primarily for safety reasons. I am amazed at the risks people here are willing to take with processed food. All of the food I eat here is grown and prepared by myself or my family. Unfortunately, I do not know if we are acquainted on my worldline. Yes, love is a challenge. What�s harder is knowing you could go back and correct a mistake but at the cost of the �you� on that worldline you want to live your life over again on. 02/02/01 10:09 (right now) 265 You are able to change your worldine for better or worse just as I am. Although this will make me a far less interesting time traveler, these are the rules I personally try to hold to: I will not disclose any information that will cause someone to personally gain by its knowledge. This means no stock or sports tips. I will not disclose any detailed information that would allow someone to avoid death by probability. This means no earthquake or bomb information. I will not disclose any information that may compromise any future actions by individual people or threaten their family and well-being. I will not disclose names or events associated with individuals. 02/02/01 10:09 (about time travel) 266 Now for the physics: The grandfather paradox is impossible. In fact, all paradox is impossible. The Everett-Wheeler-Graham or multiple world theory is correct. All possible quantum states, events, possibilities and outcomes are real, eventual and occurring. The chances of everything happening someplace at sometime in the superverse is 100%. (For all you scientists out there, if Schrodinger�s cat had a time machine, he might not be in the box at all.) 02/02/01 10:09 (about time travel) 267 Therefore, there is a worldline where you are alive and another worldline where you have gone back in time to kill your relative and the you on the new worldline won�t be born but �you� the killer is still running around there. Differences between worldlines are measured from the perspective of the time traveler in terms of divergence percentage. The higher the divergence, the more �un-like� your destination worldline looks like compared to your worldline of origin. 02/02/01 10:09 (about time travel) 268 Therefore, any �prediction� I might make has a slight chance of being incorrect anyway and you now have the ability to act on it based on what I�ve said. 02/02/01 10:09 (predictions for the future) 269 Can you stop the war before it gets here? Sure. Will you do it? Probably not. 02/02/01 10:09 (about the future) 270 As far as space travel goes... no, we are not on Mars yet but we�re trying very hard so we can avoid another �Hell�s Kitchen� outcome from an overpopulated Earth 02/02/01 11:41 (about time travel) 271 On a philosophical level, the existence of multiple worlds implies a moral balance in the superverse. For every worldline you perform a good action, there is a worldline where you perform a bad action. There are no good and bad people, just good and bad decisions. We can only be responsible for what we do as individuals on the worldline we are on now. So take heart! Somewhere out there is a worldline where I�m spilling all the beans on Hockey, the stock market and Hollywood and you�re all off to Vegas and Wall Street making millions of dollars. 02/03/01 09:09 (about time travel) 272 "This is one example of a theory involving "time shells" progressing in size and intensity around a gravitational point from all matter. The more massive the object, the larger and more influential the time shells around it (like an onion). --- Like an isobaric map of potential time lines and "intentions" 02/05/01 11:28 (safety, suggestions, assorted philosophy) 273 As far as the war goes, my best advice is to find at least 5 people within 100 miles of you that you trust with your life. 02/05/01 11:28 (about the future) 274 No, I haven�t met any other time travelers here and although from my perspective that�s highly unlikely, it�s not impossible. No, I don�t have any additional information concerning crop circles, ETs or UFOs. I find those subjects rather interesting myself and it�s one of the reasons I was drawn to this web site. 02/05/01 11:28 (right now) 275 When the civil �conflict� started and got worse, people generally decided to either stay in the cities and lose most of their civil rights under the guise of security or leave the cities for more isolated and rural areas. Our home was searched once and the neighbor across the street was arrested for some unknown reason. That convinced my father to leave the city.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
well there were olympics in 2008, he must have failed history.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
"01/29/01 07:47 (right now) 245
Please keep in mind the web site is not mine and I apologize for the poor quality of the files. The photo you saw was taken by me with a Polaroid camera manufactured here. The other documents were duplicated by placing a book onto a copy machine at a packaging and shipping store and then scanning and saving them. "

Polaroids are not made anymore

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So apart from missing out 9/11, getting the entire history of the post 2000 Olympics wrong, and predicting a US civil war in 2004 which didn't even come close to happening - he's dead on then.

His knowledge of computing is impressive, I'm guessing he's a programmer, and also an amateur scientist with his knowledge of CERN being close to making black holes (which was known in 1999 but never actually happened - another swing and a miss).

Definitely one of the more credible hoaxes, it would make an excellent science fiction story if you added in an unstoppable metal cyborg with an Austrian accent.

join