It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Interesting tale of Leon Botha - Human Alien

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I am suprised I did not find any reference to this guy here, and I did search...

Given that his disease affects him so, I would have assumed he would have a mention. But regardless of that, his philosophy is just amazing...

"I am a spiritual being, the same as you, primarily. Then I'm a human being and this part of the human being is the body, which has a condition."

Botha was born in Cape Town, South Africa and still lives there. He was diagnosed with progeria around the age of 4 years. He had no formal training in art beyond high school courses, but became a full-time painter after graduation, doing commissioned works.

In January 2010 he hosted the first exhibit of "Who Am I? ...Transgressions", a photo collaboration with Gordon Clark, at the Joao Ferreira Gallery in Cape Town.[8] Botha said of the exhibition, "I am a spiritual being, the same as you, primarily. Then I'm a human being and this part of the human being is the body, which has a condition."

His Wiki Entry
His Flickr page

An interesting person with such a terrible disease... his other photos are just as mad as his take on life...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I saw him in Die Antwood's "Enter the Ninja" music video.

I'd have to say he has made a very successful life for himself.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

Indeed! Not too bad for also having lived longer than any progeria sufferer.

I actually found a website with him on it a long time ago and meant to post about it then, he certainly has embraced the time given to him. More than most of us would bother to do I think.

new topics

join