It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assistant Attorney General's Vendetta Against Gay Student Assembly Prez

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Watching CNN just now, Ali Velshi was reporting on this story:

Assistant attorney general blogs against gay student body president

In the story on CNN.com, it outlines how Assistant Attorney General of Michigan, Andrew Shrivell, has been blogging about the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor's Student President Chris Armstrong.

an excerpt from the article:

"Welcome to 'Chris Armstrong Watch,'" Shirvell wrote in his inaugural blog post. "This is a site for concerned University of Michigan alumni, students, and others who oppose the recent election of Chris Armstrong -- a RADICAL HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVIST, RACIST, ELITIST, & LIAR -- as the new head of student government." Among other things, Shirvell has published blog posts that accuse Armstrong of going back on a campaign promise he made to minority students; engaging in "flagrant sexual promiscuity" with another male member of the student government; sexually seducing and influencing "a previously conservative [male] student" so much so that the student, according to Shirvell, "morphed into a proponent of the radical homosexual agenda;" hosting a gay orgy in his dorm room in October 2009; and trying to recruit incoming first year students "to join the homosexual 'lifestyle.' "

What do you think of this ATS?

Here's the guys blog

and "adults" work

edit on 9/29/2010 by iamsupermanv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
My personal feelings:

While I respect this guy's right to say what he wants about whoever he wants, and as an alumnus to express concern over what student is running the student body, he has clearly stepped over the line.

A public official, working for the state, is blogging hateful things about a kid. I know...older then 18 makes him an adult, but I'm 23, and barely consider myself an adult.

This guy throws up pictures of this student with nazi symbols drawn on him, and hateful things written over his picture.

Accuses him of "turning" a straight conservative guy, the list goes on and on.

Here's what the attorney general has to say:

"Mr. Shirvell's personal opinions are his and his alone and do not reflect the views of the Michigan Department of Attorney General," Cox said in the written statement provided by his office to CNN's "AC 360"
Tuesday night. "But his immaturity and lack of judgment outside the office are clear."

Shrivell was on AC 360 and very poorly defended his stance.

Like I said, I respect his rights to think what he wants, but isn't it a little out of line that a public official is attacking a citizen of his state this way? Sure it's a tough lesson in politics for Mr. Armstrong, but is this over kill? Or am I, and other people, being overly sensitive?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
How can anyone take this fool seriously?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

I'm on the same page, he was stammering over his statements on 360.

I'm not sure if he is looking to be picked up by the tea party, start a run for an office on "family values" or hide his own insecurities (jk everyone..don't get upset) but when someone who is supposed to be a serious political figure starts blogging like Perez Hilton, he's setting himself up for failure.

And if Christ Armstrong is smart, he will release a simple let them say what they will comment and come out smelling like roses. "secret societies" aside

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Checked his blog through google cache cause he made it private for friends only. That guy is way out there. I honestly don't know wheter to laugh or cry

top topics

join