It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why wasnt jesus born later on in life ill explain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
With cell phones and things like that going on and how advanced our technology is. Why wasnt he born in more modern times.. Think of all the things he could have done for the people. Now ill remind you im a aithiest but im assuming this is all real and there is a jesus and stuff like that.

He could have had transportation and could have been able to visit more places and spread his word via our technology. Instead he was born in a time where communication was soooooo much slower.

Right now would have been the best time to be born because theres the internet theres tons of ways to spread the word of your father then to be born that early.

I mean he wasnt born on earh on day 1 so why couldnt he been born later on?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Maybe without his message originating 2000 years ago, we wouldn't have made it this far in our evolution without more peaceful general Christian values.
Believe it or not, even to us non Christians it has served its purpose.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
If somebody showed up in this day and age and said he was the Messiah, what do you think you would do? Probably laugh at him and/or ignore him. Unless he demonstrated miracles, and even then, people would be screaming hoax, fraud, charlatan, etc.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I have a better answer....

How come you weren't born in 1999 instead of whenever you were born? Simple, because that is when your mother got pregnant... Jesus was just like me and you. Nothing special. Religion was created to conform people into doing things society deemed as right. And if you "sinned" the threat of going to hell, a hot burning torturous place struck fear into the hearts of men and women. Scare tactics.

alteast that is what I believe

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If he was born in a time of technology and easy communications it would leave no room for faith as it would be seen as fact.
Fact is not what religion is based on, it is faith

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gerg357

munkey66 has it nailed pretty well in the post before mine, but there is also a practical reason that he came when he did.

The Jewish faith revolved, in large measure, around the Temple, the place on Earth were God was believed to have a presence. If you look at the Torah, the rules and reasons for the Temple are many.

Christ said that he would become the new Temple of the new Covenant -- we could come to God through him, not a book or a building, and this is what Christians believe.

Within a generation of Christ's death and resurrection, the Romans destroyed the Temple in Jerusalem, dispersed the Jewish people, and, as a result of later actions (the building of the Dome of the Rock by the Muslims, mostly,) it is unlikely to ever be rebuilt.

One can look at it two ways -- Christ came when he did because the Temple's days were numbered, or God allowed the Temple to be destroyed because it was no longer necessary in the new Covenant.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
i understand what alot of you are saying but to mei guess it still doesnt make sense i guess.. people called him a charlatan and called him fake and didnt believe in him during those times as well so i dont think that would have had much to do with it.. just kinda throwing something out there lol

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gerg357

To better understand munkey66's comment, consider that God wants you to have a relationship with him because you want to, not because you're forced to. You reach out to him and love him of your own choice. If concrete proof of God existed, as it would if Jesus' mission had taken place today, it would be tough to say what the nature of your belief / faith would be.

Consider what Christ said to Thomas, who did see him after the resurrection:

Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.
-- John 20:29

edit on 29-9-2010 by adjensen because: Tag oops

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gerg357

Because an all-knowing God thinks it's a lot more reasonable to drop himself into a third-world backwater of the Roman empire to a woman who is engaged but not yet married so that he can die without ever actually registering on historical record.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Even in this modern day and age of communication, fact is hard to find on the internet. You're on ATS for crying out loud! There are tons of posts on here that are either outright falsehoods of insane misinterpretations. You have to take a lot on faith to believe in things like 'free energy'.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gerg357

Gerg35,

The coming of Jesus was prophecied many yrs. in advance and He came as prophecied on time and fulfilled His missinon on earth. His ministry ran from 27 through 34 and He died in middle of that wk. of yrs, yr. 30. At the end of His ministry the gospel went to the gentiles, the rejecting Jews were cut off and the gentiles graffed in. This was the reason He came when He did, to get the TRUE gospel message started. It's a hard story to catch and a long teaching session to present all about it.

Da 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (70 wks. of years given on the Jubilee caendar) Starting time was 457 a Jubilee yr. and the the decree to start the prophecy.

Da 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The Jews that rejected Messiah were cut off and the gentiles graffed in, the Jews were known as the natural branches and the Gentiles wild olive branches and any of the natural branches could receive Him and be graffed in again. As far as our so called modern times to help, it probably would have been a hindrance. It would not make any difference when He would have come He would have been crucified just the same. If you have questions or want more info, reply and I will try to check back and try to help. Not many understand these prophecies even though it is not too hard to see but is not taught.

He is the Way the Truth and the Life.

Truthiron

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Perhaps the way that technology is now a days with the technosphere it would have made his message impossible. perhaps it was needed than to avoid cataclysm, perhaps when he was there was no NEED for technology because it has nothing to do with that his true message was the message of love. either way do you know how many jesuses there are now a days. people are waking up theres just way more people to hide it.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gerg357

This isn't meant to sound ignorant or flipant but I guess we'll have to ask God someday lol. Tough question to answer or even try and formulate a response to.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by gerg357

Because an all-knowing God thinks it's a lot more reasonable to drop himself into a third-world backwater of the Roman empire to a woman who is engaged but not yet married so that he can die without ever actually registering on historical record.
If you think that Jesus was never recorded in history other than the Bible you haven't done your homework, maybe look up Josephus,Pliny the Younger,Tacitus.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02

How come you weren't born in 1999 instead of whenever you were born? Simple, because that is when your mother got pregnant... Jesus was just like me and you. Nothing special. Religion was created to conform people into doing things society deemed as right. And if you "sinned" the threat of going to hell, a hot burning torturous place struck fear into the hearts of men and women. Scare tactics.

edit on 30-9-2010 by willie9696 because: i hit the reply button too soon lol sorry

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by willie9696

Originally posted by Reign02

Since you brought up the topic of religious conformity, think about this. Jesus was the furthest thing from conformity you can imagine, he turned the religious establishment on it's ear. His message was one of love not of fear and the ones he told were going to hell were the religious leaders of His day. They couldn't argue the miracles that He preformed as He did it for all to see. He threatened their control and came to restore a relationship with the God that hadn't existed since before Adam and Eve did the only thing they weren't supposed to do. I understand your anger with religion today, I myself am a born again spirit filled christian but I see the present day church looking a lot like the Jews of Jesus time. I do not attend a church but love people and love God. Past experience with the church or people telling you what's right and wrong, and these scare tactics as you call them, are religious people trying to make you like them. Be yourself, love others and if you seek God you will find Him. That's just my 2 cents.

new topics

top topics

join