It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Democrat Curses Voters Who Oppose Health Care Law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
it is easy for you to say you won't pick up the bill for the poor and sick in your country, but it is not such an easy situation for the parents of a kid with cancer or someone who can't work but needs a kidney transplant or the family of a child with a brain tumor but they can't afford to fix it because they work at mcdonalds. sorry but not everyone in this country is as fortunate as you. not everyone lives in a thriving area full of jobs with a nice economy and a rich family to help them in times of need. i get so sick of hearing selfish egotistical people complaining about people on social security or unemployment or god forbid someone going to the hospital who couldn't afford it before. you guys need to wake up and remove your head from your #$$ and think about how selfish and ignorant you all sound. not everyone gets to live a perfect little life in a fenced in yard with job security and a nice retirement. if you were in the situation as a lot of americans then you would expect the more fortunate to at least throw you a couple crumbs off their table as well. some of you should be ashamed of yourselves and personally you make me sick. ignorant, fat, and rich people are the cause of all of americas problems. i hope you all die and burn in ####. have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Ignorant people being a problem, now that I certainly can agree with.

But the fat and rich people may very well be the ones who could solve the problems that we face today.

As long as the fat ones didn't get that way by sucking at the governments teat.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

they got that way because mommy and daddy put them through college and left them a business when they died. it isn't rocket science. come to my neighborhood and find a harvard graduate. come here and find a high school graduate even. good luck.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

This Mid-Term Election is about ISSUES . Important ISSUES that concern most Americans . A Word of Advice to the Dems, address the ISSUES or Suffer the Consequences...............Nuff said .

edit on 23-9-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

I personally have a friend that has been diagnosed with leukemia. He has insurance but won't be able to pay all the medical bills he will accrue.

His friends and his community have gathered to help. They are having a pot luck to help raise money for his medical bills.

This is what Christian people do for each other. This is charity not forced up on anyone and people are very generous.

We don't need or want the government involved. They don't have the authority to do so.

Let people do what they have always done, give charity as they see fit.

You Christians seam to be real quick with the name calling.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

This Mid-Term Election is about ISSUES . Important ISSUES that concern most Americans . A Word of Advice to the Dems, address the ISSUES or Suffer the Consequences...............Nuff said .

edit on 23-9-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

I think that is why they are worried. They have addressed a lot of the issues by doing the same things that Bush did during his terms in office. Overspending and taking more control of our lives. The changes that they have made in the last (almost) two years have irritated a majority of voters.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die

they got that way because mommy and daddy put them through college and left them a business when they died. it isn't rocket science. come to my neighborhood and find a harvard graduate. come here and find a high school graduate even. good luck.

Perhaps you should move. Sound like a bad area. Or should everyone be forced to pay to help you move to a better area.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die

As far as I know, one can get a high school diploma without paying for it, as in college. They call them public schools.

Two of my first cousins paid their own way through college. Their father didn't have the money.

One is the president of a college in Virginia. Prior to that he was the CEO of a chemical company. He is an attorney. He is wealthy, he is not fat.
His brother is a funeral director. He owns five funeral homes now. His father didn't give him any of them. His father was not a wealthy man. This cousin is also quite fit, he has been on a trip hunting mountain goats, not an easy task, definitely not a thing for the obese.

So just because someone didn't give you a free ride, doesn't mean that every wealthy person got there by being given everything.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I would also Add that Word of Advice to the Reps too . The Patriot Act was Passed during a Republican Administration , a Unconsitutional Bill that Violates our Personal Freedoms . Most Americans believe it must be repealed , and it will be eventually when we Throw Most of those Bums out of Office who Backed it .

LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC !

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

The Patriot Act was Passed during a Republican Administration , a Unconsitutional Bill that Violates our Personal Freedoms .
That is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I spoke of Obamas following in Bush's footsteps.

It needs repealed now.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VAPatriot

Nope, not directed to you at all. Just a general comment, it happens as a fact daily on here and in this administration. Blame for bad behavior occurs on both sides for the same things.....if it continues, how is any sort of meaningful change ever going to occur? I'm disgusted with both sides as well.....

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

To be fair, both the House and the Senate were pretty evenly split between Democrats and Republicans when the Patriot Act was passed. 98 senators voted for it (which included 44 Democrats) and 357 representatives voted for it (which includes 145 Democrats). Source Both parties are to blame for that mess, not just Republicans.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

To be fair, both the House and the Senate were pretty evenly split between Democrats and Republicans when the Patriot Act was passed. 98 senators voted for it (which included 44 Democrats) and 357 representatives voted for it (which includes 145 Democrats). Source Both parties are to blame for that mess, not just Republicans.
True. They passed it in a 'patriotic' fervor, almost everyone wanted to be on-board.

But it still needs repealed.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

No argument from me about that. I was just pointing out that both parties are responsible for that piece of brilliance.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

How could any of them resist the POWER that Bill gave to them both at the time ? Today , they might be singing a different tune about it knowing the American People knew they were being " Hoodwinked" .

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

No not a defense of anything. Just pointing out you are only showing one side of a two sided coin to suit your argument.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by frimilden

The article is about a Democrat using childish name-calling against the tea parties because they disagree with him instead of acting his age. Not about the Republicans. I commented on the topic of the article and the OP, as I always do. Were it a Republican who had resorted to kindergarten antics against the tea parties my post would have reflected his Republican-ness but otherwise would have been pretty much the same as it is now.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I doubt it, honestly. They don't care what the people want any more now than they did 9 years ago so they'd likely ram it through all over again today if this weren't an election year.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by VAPatriot
reply to post by Curiousisall

Your argument about the N word is about a shallow as my kids arguing "well, he called me a @#$, so I called him a $#@.

The point of this thread is not about the name being called as much as the fact there is no debate on the issues. They all sink to name calling and insults.

What I see is going to happen is they will be called ...Unemployed if this BS keeps up.

This person is probably just a democrat party operative sent to try and deflect another thread critical of the democrats. They show up on all the threads critical of democrats and/or obama and try their best to do the same.

Centurion is probably a GOP operative trying to keep the debate focused on a curse word in hopes of obfuscating the failure of the GOP to actually debate issues that actually effect Americans. He shows up on all threads critical of the GOP and tries his best to do the same.

Geez Cent...this is fun.

Someone points out that cursing is less of an issue to Americans than I don't know...War or the Economy and you call that observation "deflection"...the irony...What is this entire OP other than a deflection from the issues?

BTW - There is a difference between somone using the word "#er" and the "N" word...One is a curseword and the other is racist....One does not find its meaning or "humor" in hundreds of years of history, slavery, torture, murder and oppression...I think sometimes the far right doesn't understand that...or maybe they do and don't care?

And yes the TP Nominee in NY admitted to sending dozens of emails with the N word to co-workers and friends...and the TP fiercly defended him with essentially "but that word is funny"...What else is there to say?

If the TP isn't a bunch of #ers, then they need to purge the #ers from thier ranks, and thus far they are doing just the opposite.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by VAPatriot
Ohio democrat curses voters who oppose health care law

The head of the Ohio Democratic Party is brushing off his description of Tea Partiers and other opponents of President Obama's health care law as "#ers," saying he shares a penchant for blurting with Vice President Biden.

"It is what it is," Ohio Democratic Party Chairman Chris Redfern told Fox News regarding his Monday appearance at an endorsement event by the United Steelworkers for several Ohio Democrats, including Gov. Ted Strickland.

"Vice President Biden and I have a way with words," Redfern said, conjuring up the vice president's description this spring of the signing of the health care law
as a "big #ing deal."

I find it amusing that name calling is the best defense being offered lately.

edit on Thu Sep 23 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

That's about the best argument most of those guys can come up when faced with real opposition to an issue.

Shame isn't it?

Looking forward to seeing Yorktown and Williamsburg again, BTW!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join