It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Democrat Curses Voters Who Oppose Health Care Law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm sure all of us would help the less fortunate, especially when it comes to health. It's being labeled a "f--cker" for not wanting to enrich some middleman that sticks in my craw. I don't see this as about charity at all.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I don't see this as about charity at all.
Ahh... Us being charitable to the government and big insurance, that's all.

In the 1980's, Pennsylvania introduced legislation that produced a bill forming the Catastrophic Loss Fund. This fund was an government insurance plan that covered motor vehicle drivers (except ATV's and tractor trailers) for health care costs exceeding $100,000 up to $1,000,000. The cost, at first, was $5.00 per registered vehicle.

After a year the cost blossomed to $24.00 per vehicle. People were angry and a lot of them refused to pay it, enough in fact that they put an end to the fund.

But.... there were still some people that paid the 'premium' and were injured, so there were liabilities to pay out.

I only knew one person that actually fell into the qualification of deserving compensation, and after battling the state for two years, he died from his injuries without being paid a cent.

To this day, almost thirty years later, if you get a speeding ticket in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, you will be paying $35.00 to the CAT Fund, they are still trying to pay it off.

Does anyone think the Federal government will do any better?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I don’t know why I am even entering this debate. People in this country have their minds made up one way or another and no amount of bickering on ATS is going to change anyone’s viewpoint. But what the heck, I feel like arguing today.

One thing that bothers me is the “burn in hell” remark. I hear every day, from the left, about how the religious people in this country are bugging the heck out of them. They can’t stand hearing about religion from certain segments of the big-R Republican Party or even Tea Party types like Glenn Beck.

Personally, I consider myself to be a constitutional conservative, not a Republican, so it annoys me too when they carry on about it, but I let it go because they are free to have their beliefs. But here is where the difference exists between me and a radical leftie: They can’t stand religion any time it is mentioned in government but will gladly bring it up it up at a moment’s notice when it suits them. “Jesus would have wanted you to give up your money for healthcare.” “You’ll burn in hell for not being charitable.” Yada yada. (I hear Ed Schultz invoke this crap all the time while also bashing religion in his next segment.)

Aren’t you the same people who say they support freedom of religion? They say, “Keep your dang red neck religion away from me. I live in the city! I can believe what I want! Keep religion out of my government, schools, and whatever..”, but in the same breath they invoke religion to take a high moral ground (in their minds) and impose it on everyone else. What if someone’s religious choice is inconsistent with your forced charity policies? Aren’t you, in effect, saying that government should me making this religious/moral choice on your behalf?

Most importantly,where are all the people who used to give to churches who ran hospitals where a poor person could go for free and get healthcare? Are they busy blathering on about how we all have to do what Jesus wants us too out one side of their mouth while never attending church or tithing to the poor out the other side of their mouths?

You will “burn in hell” as one poster said, and they as a group have said to people who don’t support universal healthcare. That means so much coming from people who take a stand against any religion intruding on their lives on any given day. You can’t have it both ways folks. Take a stand and stick to it.

Being charitable does NOT mean taking your neighbor's money and then you piously placing it in the offering plate while proclaiming that you have the high moral ground.

edit on 23-9-2010 by JonInMichigan because: grammar error

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
I like how this discussion on a Dem using vulgarities to describe those that are against forced purchase of products turned into the "supposed" use of the N word by someone else.

Simply because some of the exact same people that had no problem excusing the N-word are getting their panties all tied up over the F-word. I am simply talking about a double standard. Bad words are either acceptable or not but apparently some of you only care who uses them.

Hey CIA, oooh is that what your initials for your avatar come out to be?

Actually my initials are RNE. I am not sure why you would think that the screen name on ATS is my real name? Did you notice it is all one word? That leaves you with C and just C. Nice try though.

By the way CIA, can you provide audio or video to confirm your allegations. There is a $100,000 reward for it at the signing of the HC bill, if you can come up with proof.

No? Thought not. But we do have video proof of THIS incident.

I am not sure what HC signing reward you are talking about. Paladino admitted using the word so I do not need to prove anything. He is the Tea Party candidate so he is the example of the supposed party that is going to put a stop to vulgar language?

See how it is relevant yet? Claim the Tea Party is going to clean this type of behavior up by having the Tea Party use the N-word? I guess if this thread is not supposed to address the Tea Party and their use of vulgarity, they should not have been brought up as some beacon of hope in the first place. I did not bring them up, did I?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Curiousisall

I am sorry if this offends you but you seem to have difficulty grasping this.

I know what I said. I said this.....

I want to see the tea party throw the two 'gangs' into disarray

You turned it into this....

You hope THIS INCIDENT will help the Tea Party take out the Dems and Repubs.

I never said I hope the 'N' word spouting Republicans in the tea party gain control, that is you saying that for me.

No thanks.

I do care that both of the parties that have controlled us for 150 straight years lose that power, I am not pushing for the tea party to control us...

edit on 23-9-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

You are flat out lying. You said this right here.

I will be happy to see the tea party gain some steam from this incident, along with the many others that have taken place.

I took the liberty of underlining where you said exactly what I said you said.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You act as though it is a platform for the TPM to use the N-Word:

"As citizens of this United States of America, we the members of this grass-roots movement pushing an agenda of smaller government, hereby insist that all believers in the constitution are regularly required to use the N-Word. You need to use this word at least five times a day or you will not be allowed to show up at TPM rallies any more...and we mean it!"

Really? I mean REALLY? That is the picture you are painting.

As far as I know there has only been one proven incident in the four years the TPM has been underway where someone threw out a racial slur. That person has been admonished over and over again by the other TPM supporters. So why dwell on that?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan

You act as though it is a platform for the TPM to use the N-Word:

No, you are taking it that way. I am just responding to the statement that the Tea Party is going to do something to put a stop to vulgar discourse in politics and in that same statement that there is a differene between who the Tea Party is pushing to stop this vulgarity and Republicans. You cannot clean up horse crap with cow crap.

"As citizens of this United States of America, we the members of this grass-roots movement pushing an agenda of smaller government, hereby insist that all believers in the constitution are regularly required to use the N-Word. You need to use this word at least five times a day or you will not be allowed to show up at TPM rallies any more...and we mean it!"

Really? I mean REALLY? That is the picture you are painting.

No, not really. You just made all that up and put it in quotes and then attributed the thoughts to me. That is not exactly honest, now is it?

As far as I know there has only been one proven incident in the four years the TPM has been underway where someone threw out a racial slur. That person has been admonished over and over again by the other TPM supporters. So why dwell on that?

So the Tea Party is admonishing Paladino now? When did that start? The last I heard they were still supporting and excusing him. Or are you talking about just one other incident you know of?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Your argument about the N word is about a shallow as my kids arguing "well, he called me a @#$, so I called him a $#@.

The point of this thread is not about the name being called as much as the fact there is no debate on the issues. They all sink to name calling and insults.

What I see is going to happen is they will be called ...Unemployed if this BS keeps up.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

You are flat out lying. You said this right here.

I will be happy to see the tea party gain some steam from this incident, along with the many others that have taken place.

I took the liberty of underlining where you said exactly what I said you said.
You could have underlined the whole thing, because I said all of that.

I have not been to a tea party event.
I have not donated a cent to any of the parties.
I hope that the Republicans fracture into tea parties, free parties and even pee parties.
I hope that the Democratic Party splinters into all the various conservative, moderate, liberal and eco-fractions that make it up.
That is what I want. An end to the stranglehold that the 'two party system'(what a joke) has on US.

I also hope that you give up this dead end of trying to paint me as a tea partier or racist or whatever else you may have dreamed that I am.

I am not a liar.... It is all there and I have not denied it. You are just having fun making something of it that it PLAINLY is NOT.

edit on 23-9-2010 by butcherguy because: Grammar correction

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

I feel ya. Perhaps some of Ferris's wisdom will have to do.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

This is exactly what the republican party has done since day 1 of Obama taking the white house. Lets call it for what it is and present both sides here. They both do it, always have always will. This is not a left only phenomenon. The right has tried to assassinate Obama's character . Muslim, communist, not born here, etc.... They also do it to the Democratic party as a whole. But like I said this is not a Left only Phenomenon, they all do it.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by VAPatriot

Your argument about the N word is about a shallow as my kids arguing "well, he called me a @#$, so I called him a $#@.

The point of this thread is not about the name being called as much as the fact there is no debate on the issues. They all sink to name calling and insults.

What I see is going to happen is they will be called ...Unemployed if this BS keeps up.

This person is probably just a democrat party operative sent to try and deflect another thread critical of the democrats. They show up on all the threads critical of democrats and/or obama and try their best to do the same. Thinking that what people post on ATS will actually have an affect on the elections is an example of how scared and desperate they are.

Most of us know that the OP is about the democrat's double standard when it comes to issues like this. Understand that you have already logically defeated them and then just ignore them.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Democrats blame President Bush, the Republicans, and the tea party for everything..........then they act as the same people they hate so much. Hmmmm, if this is all they do, why not be better than them, or are you happy being the same? It's o.k. Obama lied, President Bush did it, it's o.k. to say this or that, the Republicans did it. Wow, talk about hypocritical? Seems that Obama is continuing President Bush's policies in alot of cases.......so that would make you the same. If you want chnge, and to be better, act right, don't play the blame game. I keep hearing about thow the right insults Obama and lacks respect for the office of the president..........same thing the Democrats did for the previous 8 years. Respect is a two way street, and shoulds apply all the way around. This incident is nothing new, he did it, compares himself to the VP and then the well the right does this, tea partiers do that comments come out. If you're no better than the people you complain up, then maybe look in the mirror and zip the lip.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I am not sure if your comments were directed to me or not. It kind of looks that way. If they were, perhaps you sould read over this thread. Particularly my comments. As you will see, I have noted the fact that both parties are guilty of this behavior and my disgust.

If your comments were directed to someone else.. carry on.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I’m going to have to stop engaging you in debate because you’re using the image of Dawn Wells in your profile.

You see, every time I read your posts they tick me off and I am inadvertently associating that with Dawn Wells. I can no longer have her image defiled that way or my “stuck-on-a-deserted-island-with-Maryanne” fantasies will be ruined forever. That is a worst tragedy that ObamaCare!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by VAPatriot

Here's my thing about this. The government is trying to regulate the food available to children in schools for health reasons. Seems they are more concerned with the body than the mind. What kind of examples are they setting when it comes to treatment of others, especially those you disagree with. (I apply this to all the bickering & stupid comments from our law makers D/R) Also the government has restrictions on music, movies, video games, TV & radio when it comes to language, yet they do not hold themselves to these standards. Hypocrites!

Our politicians are a joke! I say flush them all & let's start over!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Names like non-human, selfish, un-christian, un-american will do to describe people who want to deny children , and the poor health care. And they call themselves christian!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by frimilden

So your defense is "Well, they do it too!" That's something I expect from my kids. It doesn't fly with me from them, and it most certainly isn't going to fly with me from a grown adult. I don't care who started it, and I don't care what Jimmy's parents let him do. It's ridiculous, childish, and rather sad that insults are the best full grown adults can come up with regardless of who they are or which side of the aisle they sit on. My post still stands.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I agree people shouldn’t be called names like the f word, but these people Tea party and the like IMO have an inhuman philosophy, and I think calling it that is justified.

They say they are Christians

Would Jesus support cutting children off from health care?
What did he say about a rich man getting into heaven?

Why do they support help for the rich yet disdain assistance to the poor?

Where was there morality, and concern for the deficit and spending, when thousands of Americans where dying in Iraq and millions of Iraqis were dying as well; in that war which costs billions, and all a waste.

edit on 23-9-2010 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I do not care what some politician said, let us all remember that ATS Terms & Conditions Of Use still apply on this thread.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

4.) You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

Circumventing the censors to provide a misspelled simulation of a curse word is simply not allowed.

From here on out. Any profanity typed (and circumvented) - your entire post will be actioned. If needed feel free to use a Thesaurus

edit on September 23rd 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join